• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thinking of getting a dumb slave in Spore e.g. iRobot

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You should get yourself A "Good Wife". :p

alicia-on-phone.jpg

Define "a good wife".

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do u think getting 2 will help? :biggrin:

Spore gals might be good worker units but are unsuitable to meet my needs.

When I set up house out of Spore I will be looking for a house keeper who knows how to cook & give good massages :smile: There are many low paid masseuse out there & the wages I will be offering are better than what they would get elsewhere.

Doing stuff like laundry & ironing is not so important because anyone can use a washing machine & do ironing.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have used the early generations of irobot roomba before, bought twice from amazon more than 10 years ago. The roomba did very good job in cleaning. Both could not work after one or two years due to battery or other problem. So you will need after sales service and extra battery to use for more years. But now after more than 10 years, the battery could have become more long lasting.

The advantage with iRobot is that they have been around for years. Can find the spare parts even in Spore I've taken a look at the local & overseas prices & they are about the same. So if I decide to get an irobot it will be from a local source.

I've actually ordered an Irobot Brava mopping robot. haven't decided on the vacuuming part.

Just took a look at some of the old fashion Dyson vacuum cleaners & the models I was interested in uses lithium ion batteries.

So many of the things that I use now rely on batteries: handphone, iPad, bluetooth speakers, Macbook, portable irrigator, electric toothbrush,....

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The advantage with iRobot is that they have been around for years. Can find the spare parts even in Spore I've taken a look at the local & overseas prices & they are about the same. So if I decide to get an irobot it will be from a local source.

I've actually ordered an Irobot Brava mopping robot. haven't decided on the vacuuming part.

Just took a look at some of the old fashion Dyson vacuum cleaners & the models I was interested in uses lithium ion batteries.

So many of the things that I use now rely on batteries: handphone, iPad, bluetooth speakers, Macbook, portable irrigator, electric toothbrush,....

Not sure of the pricing now but in the early days of the product there was no local agent, I first heard about it from my sibling who read it somewhere and introduced me to buy from amazon.

When the first one spoilt and I wanted to buy the second time, I think there was a local agent then but the pricing was not about the same. I still have the amazon invoice printout for my second purchase in 2004, the basic model I bought was only US$125 after some discount.

Overall I think irobot is a very good product and gave little problems when using. It is a worthwhile purchase at that price but I don't use it anymore as my needs have changed.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

It can oni perform general vacuum...chiu still nid to do deep cleaning like mopping every week urself...and oni take care of ur floor...dusting n wiping...again chiu hab to do urself...actually quite bo hua...better off getting hourly cleaner...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i returned my roomba after 5 days as the sensors kept getting wrong signals with dust build-up. after cleaning the sensors each day, it kept giving me errors and stopped moving. best is to hire a sexy part-time latina maid to clean your place by the hour. uniform and clothing is optional.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I have a robotic vacuum cleaner. They all do a reasonably good job but don't come close to a proper 2000W manual machine. They simply aren't powerful enough.

They also suffer from navigation problems and tend to get stuck in corners or between chair and table legs.

In order to decide which one to get if you think they are worth your while, google for reviews and comparisons of various models.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had panned to get 2 robots. One for vacuuming & the other for mopping. I've already gotten the moping iRobot & although it does an ok job, I've decided to get a Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner because my home has too many objects that block the free movements of a robot.

It cannot even clean the bottom of my bed because there is not enough clearance:( My bed is one of those with a storage compartment below. It is good for providing storage space but it makes cleaning below harder.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...In order to decide which one to get if you think they are worth your while, google for reviews and comparisons of various models.

I was actually looking at the Roomba 880 because of the good reviews. May still get one if the Dyson doesn't work out.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bought a Dyson Absolute hand held vacuum cleaner for about SIN$630 from eBay.

[video=youtube;AmbNXHV94m8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmbNXHV94m8[/video]

I chose the Absolute version because it has the most number of attachments. In Spore I would have to pay about $999. I would have gotten it locally if the warranty covered the lithium ion battery but the local warranty only covers the machine & not the battery.

Decided to get the handheld vacuum because it can clean my mattress, clean my aircon, my hardwood & stone floors,... A robot can't do the mattress & aircon. It would also have problems with the clutter in my home. However the Dyson still cannot vacuum under my bed(s). The hardwood attachment is too large & cannot get under my bed(s) :(

I have a Scooba to do the mopping. I also using a Black Decker steam mop

[video=youtube;4j6jHapA6lA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j6jHapA6lA[/video]