• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stop eating Thai Durians!

Administrator

Alfrescian
Loyal
prc-vietnam-chemical-durian_1.jpg

8 Thai men employed by a PRC company were arrested last week in Tien Giang, Vietnam, after they were caught soaking durians in poisonous PRC-made chemicals meant to ripen durians.

The arrests were made by Thai police, who had conducted investigations into 2 fruit storage facilities where the chemical processing was done.

The workers admitted to the police that they entered Vietnam illegally for "travel purposes" and stayed at the 2 facilities. They said they were paid by unknown PRC bosses who wanted them to process the durians for sale to China and Southeast Asian countries.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think ripe yellow Thai mangoes and M'sian durians too, using
cyanide to emit fumes to ripen quickly.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Its not Thai durian, its Vietnamese durians that are affected. TS is a moron. That explains a lot of things to me. My friend and her mother went on a visit to Vietnam. They stopped at a roadside stall and bought some durians to eat on the spot. She developed an immediate allergic reaction to it, and so did the mother. She almost was hospitalized. She did not understand it at that time, because she eats durian all the time and never had this reaction. Now, this article makes sense to me.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think ripe yellow Thai mangoes and M'sian durians too, using
cyanide to emit fumes to ripen quickly.

My friend who works in Wholesale fruits stall in singalore told me that the tactics is not new , This tactic is use for papaya too :wink:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
prc-vietnam-chemical-durian_1.jpg

8 Thai men employed by a PRC company were arrested last week in Tien Giang, Vietnam, after they were caught soaking durians in poisonous PRC-made chemicals meant to ripen durians.

The arrests were made by Thai police, who had conducted investigations into 2 fruit storage facilities where the chemical processing was done.

The workers admitted to the police that they entered Vietnam illegally for "travel purposes" and stayed at the 2 facilities. They said they were paid by unknown PRC bosses who wanted them to process the durians for sale to China and Southeast Asian countries.

Thai police arrested 8 thai in Vietnam? Quite likely it fake news.