• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Geng Car Warranty Extension

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
"There was absolutely nothing wrong with the cars," he said. "The customers involved perceived there to be some faults, and requested a warranty extension and a car replacement respectively. We could not accede to their requests and they lodged complaints with Case."

In the third case, the customer did have some genuine issues with his car, he said, and repairs were covered under the car's warranty. Volkswagen Singapore also extended the warranty by one year.

http://business.asiaone.com/news/volkswagen-still-bugged-consumer-complaints

I don't think Volkswagen is the worst. I know another famous european brand with a super busy workshop because of warranty claims.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"There was absolutely nothing wrong with the cars," he said. "The customers involved perceived there to be some faults, and requested a warranty extension and a car replacement respectively. We could not accede to their requests and they lodged complaints with Case."

In the third case, the customer did have some genuine issues with his car, he said, and repairs were covered under the car's warranty. Volkswagen Singapore also extended the warranty by one year.

http://business.asiaone.com/news/volkswagen-still-bugged-consumer-complaints

I don't think Volkswagen is the worst. I know another famous european brand with a super busy workshop because of warranty claims.

Ah run, go with Toyota, whether with the likes of Lexus, Alphard, Estima, Camry or Altis, reliability is key.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Anyone who buys a Continental car deserves whatever misfortune may befall upon him.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

ChoBohLan

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you peep think about Korean car?

Am thinking of getting one of these:

Kia Sportage or Sorento OR Hyundai i35 or Santa Fe

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What you peep think about Korean car?

Looking at the ridiculous prices of cars in Singapore I think MRT's the wisest thing to do.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

VW DSG gearbox when work, it is great to drive. But the gearbox really has issue, the gear will slip or jump gear. my wife polo sometime had problem shifting down. Imagine travelling up takashimaya carpark ramp, the gear want to drop down but unable to go in so it suddenly drop from third to first gear and the car jump forward violently because gear drop to first suddenly. Nearly hit the ramp wall. and it not only has problem shifting down, shift up can also from first to third too. The problem start on the second year, send in at least 5-6 time in total including the recall exercise but cannot fix the problem. VW keep insisting the gearbox was fine. The issue was that the gearbox don't act up all the way but like women, come red once a while. and because of that VW mechanics cannot experience the problem when they test drive. brought the polo because it was cheaper than the Jazz by $10k in 2009 because euro drop in value. Manage to trade in the polo at the 2009 purchase price for a city last December when kah motor having their annual lelong.

VW after sale service suck. Not the CRO fault but the management don't want to support their frontline staff. The angmo manager refuse to come out despite one VW owner demand the manager come out to explain why his VW satnav cannot find his home after spend $$ installing VW satnav in his sirocco because the CRO told him the VW satnav software not up to date. but the customer was piss because he had been staying there for many years liao so how can satnav software so outdated...

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

I currently have a two year old ix35 which I bought brand new. It is the first Korean car I have ever owned and I thought I'd give Hyundai ago because it had all the bells and whistles for the same price as the base RAV4 which I initially intended to purchase.

It has given me no problems whatsoever. The only thing I don't like about it is the way the electrically assisted steering is programmed. It feels disconnected from the road. I thought I'd get used to it but 26 months have passed and I still hate it.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
VW an old well known brand from Germany since Hitler's time suppose to be very reliable !!
but Alas! Endless Gear box problem until today what the Fcuk has VW research and development
team are doing??

Really a shame of VW! Toyota can really put them in the Pocket and shake like a rag dog!!

I was considering VW until i found out from Owners of VW they encourage me NOT to buy VW
and told me their endless problem with Gear Box!! wtf!!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
VW an old well known brand from Germany since Hitler's time suppose to be very reliable !!
but Alas! Endless Gear box problem until today what the Fcuk has VW research and development
team are doing??

Really a shame of VW! Toyota can really put them in the Pocket and shake like a rag dog!!

I was considering VW until i found out from Owners of VW they encourage me NOT to buy VW
and told me their endless problem with Gear Box!! wtf!!

The problem is that this gearbox doesn't just go into Veedubs. Audi and Porsche use derivatives of the DSG gearbox too. That was the main reason why I didn't take the plunge and buy a Macan. I need to figure out what a PDK gearbox is first. :biggrin: