• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Q&A with CPT (NS) GOH MENG SENG

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
In considering the situation back then, I was extremely happy that opposition, through WP, has finally breached PAP’s GRC fortress. The first milestone I have set for my 15 years of participation has come to fruition

Eh... what he mean? He set milestone for wp? In what capacity? He really damn thickskin. Take wp credit as his own.

He takes everyone's credit. Except LKY.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Too many cooks spoil the broth.. We have too many Mickey Mouse Oppo parties in Singapore... Only the WP and the SDP are credible enough to challenge the dominance of the Pappy Scums..

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The political landscape is moving towards a 2-party system and that could only mean depriving the oxygen for non WP oppositions. Hence for them including PPP to stay relevant, they need to survive within the cracks of the 2-party system in hope that they become the critical minority party that can tilt the balance between PAP and WP. I think GMS certainly see the trend and will adopt the strategy of attacking the 2 main players namely PAP and WP in order to and market his party as the 'objective third force. This is different from the strategy of other oppositions which will likely focus on attacking PAP.

Moving towards a 2-party system is different from already being a 2-party system. Opposition parties who want to take on PAP and WP at the same time, the media will only give coverage to the WP part and people will wonder what your party exists for.

In a straight fight, you can still get opposition votes. PPP is not likely to get a straight fight. In a 3CF or MCF, PPP will get its wish and become the third ie the deposit-losing party it wants to be, because the second party was attacking the PAP but you are an opposition attacking an opposition.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
To most people, GMS is just an opposition figure who only shows up during election period. Most sane voters would reject him and support the PAP candidate, who had been active in the ward's grassroots activities for the few years.

Intelligent voters will look at the big picture and use their opposition vote to give a smack on the PAP's face.

We get more oppo into Parliament first. Then we can scrutinize them to death and haggle 24/7 over quality of oppo candidates.

It is the PAP IB who keep goading people into getting their priorities wrong.