• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Parents take note: Un-un-unbelievable changes to Hanyu Pinyin system for kids

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just attended a briefing in school.

School explained that hanyin pinyin system is different from our generation.

Hanyu Pinyin for schoolbag in chinese used to be shu bao
now, they must spell shU bAo, otherwise 100% marked wrong because of the capital letters

RUN feels that this is quite meaningless, does not make his child any smarter. Quietly in his heart, RUN tells himself just let his child aim for pass. Our education system is un-un-unbelievable. Hanyu Pinyin is romanized Chinese, yet the emphasis on capitalization is totally different from english. We are just confusing young kids and this has nothing to do with making them smarter or more creative.

xpn5ao.jpg

During the session, some parent shared similar thoughts and claimed that Singapore is just trying to be different. The change does not help the child in the use of chinese dictionaries or keyboard typing and MOE has not tested students on phonetics for many years. The teacher explained that China has been spelling Hanyu Pinyin like this for many years, we are just following the China system.

Immediately, a China mum and dad stood up among the crowd and responsed, "NO, we had never learnt it in school"

I think tuition centre business will be roaring again.
ImAgInE yOUr kId typE lIkE thIs.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here another reminder from them,

in all english and chinese tests, the kids will be marked wrongly for the whole answer or sentence if they write like this (with a tick for letter Q)

2mozc49.jpg

Again, RUN was taught to naturally include a tick when he was learning cursive writing in Primary 3 and 4.

I think i need to teach my kid about more useful things in life, on my own.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
adapting the source code camel case style writing. Han used vowels which lift up your lips up which make your face smile and happy.

Why has Singapore not accept 五笔 for learning? China Chinese used 五笔 to write in Wechat the speed faster than writing English.

https://eastasiastudent.net/china/mandarin/wubi-input-advantages/

Chinese are the best.

Just attended a briefing in school.

RUN feels that this is quite meaningless, does not make his child any smarter. Quietly in his heart, RUN tells himself just let his child aim for pass. Our education system is un-un-unbelievable. Hanyu Pinyin is romanized Chinese, yet the emphasis on capitalization is totally different from english. We are just confusing young kids and this has nothing to do with making them smarter or more creative.

During the session, some parent shared similar thoughts and claimed that Singapore is just trying to be different. The change does not help the child in the use of chinese dictionaries or keyboard typing and MOE has not tested students on phonetics for many years. The teacher explained that China has been spelling Hanyu Pinyin like this for many years, we are just following the China system.

Immediately, a China mum and dad stood up among the crowd and responsed, "NO, we had never learnt it in school"

I think tuition centre business will be roaring again.
ImAgInE yOUr kId typE lIkE thIs.

Last edited:

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here another reminder from them,

in all english and chinese tests, the kids will be marked wrongly for the whole answer or sentence if they write like this (with a tick for letter Q)

2mozc49.jpg

Again, RUN was taught to naturally include a tick when he was learning cursive writing in Primary 3 and 4.

I think i need to teach my kid about more useful things in life, on my own.

When you have idiots running the system, they would try to mould the children in their image to become idiots too.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many people find it hard to remember radical because it was not thoroughly taught in dodgy anti-Chinese PAP MOE camp. PAP hates Chinese people.

This word win, ying may find it hard to remember but if I explain it by breaking up the radical you will remember this word for life.

There are 5 radicals in this word each has its own weight and meaning to show you how to win as if you are not wining, or not to win with
亡 awaiting for you if one of the other radicals missing.

adapting the source code camel case style writing. Han used vowels which lift up your lips up which make your face smile and happy.

Why has Singapore not accept 五笔 for learning? China Chinese used 五笔 to write in Wechat the speed faster than writing English.

https://eastasiastudent.net/china/mandarin/wubi-input-advantages/

Chinese are the best.

Last edited:

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder Singaporeans are going crazy.

Do you think Ho Ching sister is responsible for this?

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lucky my kids grown up liao....
I pity kids and their parents who have to go thru this shit system.
But then who did they vote for?

Casillas

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should just ban Chinese language

English is the world lingua franca

A lingua franca (lingua francas), also known as a bridge language, trade language or vehicular language, is a language systematically (as opposed to occasionally, or casually) used to make communication possible between persons not sharing a native language, in particular when it is a third language, distinct from both native languages.[2]

Lingua francas have developed around the world throughout human history, sometimes for commercial reasons (so-called "trade languages") but also for diplomatic and administrative convenience, and as a means of exchanging information between scientists and other scholars of different nationalities. The term originates with one such language, Mediterranean Lingua Franca.