• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore's Fragmented Opposition Scene (22 May 2015 )

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
If PAP members can come together as one united Party.

Why can't oppositions?

They think they are special and unique?

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
After the most recent presidential elections, multi-cornered fights became a thing of the past. People will now cast their votes either for PAP, or for the opposition party they feel has the best chances of winning, and not the opposition party whose ideology they agree with. Ideology is worthless unless you can first demonstrate your ability to win elections. Once you can win, you can start to talk more about your political ideology.

A split of opposition votes between the various low quality opposition parties was PAP's best winning strategy, but that was squandered on a powerless Tony Tan, while many others regretted voting for Jee Say and Kin Lian, and wished they voted for Tan Cheng Bock instead, who lost to Tony Tan by a whisker.

So, don't worry about multi-cornered fights. I dare say if WP contested in most of the wards for the coming GE, they should get the bulk of the opposition votes since of all the opposition parties, they seem to have the best chance of winning.
are you sort of promoting wp?

now i am starting to believe wp is fake oppo

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
.....So, today, the PAP has shown a mellow side ; a side that is more in tune with the feelings of the majority of the electorate.

Not true leh. The pappies still put the SPRs, who are foreigners, and basically economic squatters who live and work in the country on almost equal footing as the locals.

They want to sink their roots in a tiny island? What a joke. The countries where these foreigners come from are bigger in size and space for them to roam wild and free.

Have the pappies mellowed? Hardly. They still screw locals for being xenophobic when criticised for allowing foreigners with fake degrees, mill degrees, etc to steal jobs from locals.

Let sinkie land face an overwhelming crisis one day and we will see whether these foreigners will still want to stay put in sinkie land.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Plus the memories of the old man funeral still in the fresh minds of the population who are still deeply indebted to the Lee Regime. Oppositions are going to lose big this election.

Many are going to lose their deposits.

Old man is dead and gone. The young voters will not miss him. Many old voters are not happy with the pappies. What LKY had done is no longer important, whatever pappies are doing now that upset the old voters will translate into votes for opp parties. It is either vote for pappies or vote for the strongest opp party, undeniably the WP.

The weak opp parties' candidates will lose their deposits and certain pappies' Ministers will follow GY out to ride into the sunset.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the past I voted for the opposition because I felt it was unhealthy to have one party dominate the political scene & the actions of the PAP has proven me correct.

However now I will vote for the opposition because I am against many of their policies e.g. flooding of Spore with millions of foreigners, the denial of my CPF, .. It is time to take back control of Spore from the PAP.

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
now i am starting to believe wp is fake oppo
Francis Seow already implied that both Chiam See Tong and Low Thia Khiang are controlled opposition:

[video=youtube;pzOLJE2ysNw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzOLJE2ysNw[/video]

And those two already started many years ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are more new ones nowadays! :rolleyes:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
talking cock forummers here
without the pap , there is no modern Singapore

if replaced by monkeys and donkeys of the OPPO
singaporeans will suffer and will regret for the rest of the century

just look at the fartup legendary figures here
talk cock all the time
vulgar, obscene and filthy
big vulval mouth
dirty toilet mouth
nothing concrete but shit all the time

without pap Singapore is dead ...dead...dead....