• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Did Malaysia Car Price drop much after GST?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
YES but not as much at 20%, lah

Now is the best time to buy a Malaysia car if you need.

1) RM 2.71
2) Cheapest value after GST was implemented.
3) Road Tax + Insurance still very affordable @ S$600 estimated for BOTH
4) NO COE

the above is based on a cheaper cars like Toyota Altis or Lancer 2.0 ( In spore its our bread and butter )

as per subject, thanks!

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
In general price reduction about 2% to 4% for all makes eg Toyota, Honda, Proton and Perodua.

UMWT-GST-02-850x601.jpg

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
YES but not as much at 20%, lah

Now is the best time to buy a Malaysia car if you need.

1) RM 2.71
2) Cheapest value after GST was implemented.
3) Road Tax + Insurance still very affordable @ S$600 estimated for BOTH
4) NO COE

the above is based on a cheaper cars like Toyota Altis or Lancer 2.0 ( In spore its our bread and butter )

Ha, am eyeing a Starex Deluxe for first MY car when my SGP car scrapped in few months time!:p

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PARF you got back might even allow you to convert to ringgit and pay in CASH for a small peruoda Axia bare. Better don't reveal this as some pple will say I am singing the praises of Malaysia again.

Ha, am eyeing a Starex Deluxe for first MY car when my SGP car scrapped in few months time!:p

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PARF you got back might even allow you to convert to ringgit and pay in CASH for a small peruoda Axia bare. Better don't reveal this as some pple will say I am singing the praises of Malaysia again.

Wait a few months for the Axia Sedan...it should be launched in Dec 2015

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

But I need a big car leh....anyway, I should be able to get back about $8000 which is enough to make a 10% down payment with a 90% loan on the Starex Deluxe which at the moment is RM182K on the road inclusive of insurance. Convert to Singapore dollar the luxury passenger vehicle LPV is $69000 which is what you pay for a piece of COE paper in Singapore!

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
But I need a big car leh....anyway, I should be able to get back about $8000 which is enough to make a 10% down payment with a 90% loan on the Starex Deluxe which at the moment is RM182K on the road inclusive of insurance. Convert to Singapore dollar the luxury passenger vehicle LPV is $69000 which is what you pay for a piece of COE paper in Singapore!

Big MPV is fun, getting into those carparks at shopping complexes is even more fun. You can get a recon 4 year old Alphard for RM300k or 2 year old Aeras for RM 250k, Toyota is better make in my opinion. I have a Mazda 8 and it is not too bulky. Can pack in 7 adults comfortably.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Big MPV is fun, getting into those carparks at shopping complexes is even more fun. You can get a recon 4 year old Alphard for RM300k or 2 year old Aeras for RM 250k, Toyota is better make in my opinion. I have a Mazda 8 and it is not too bulky. Can pack in 7 adults comfortably.

Wow 2nd hand also so expensive?..then the new Starex would be a better deal ya? RM182K and with 5 years warranty. Also higher interest on 2nd hand cars right? Anyway I have been drooling over it for a while so would go for it, now is 2015 new face lift model.:p

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow 2nd hand also so expensive?..then the new Starex would be a better deal ya? RM182K and with 5 years warranty. Also higher interest on 2nd hand cars right? Anyway I have been drooling over it for a while so would go for it, now is 2015 new face lift model.:p

The 2014 model is RM150k. Haven't seen the new one yet. Go for the Royale Premium. Add only 10k.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 2014 model is RM150k. Haven't seen the new one yet. Go for the Royale Premium. Add only 10k.

Was at Kip Mart last Sunday...price list for Deluxe with 2 auto slide doors whereas premium is with one side, is RM182K. I find it so luxury that it can be used as additional bedroom to sleep! LOL!

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was at Kip Mart last Sunday...price list for Deluxe with 2 auto slide doors whereas premium is with one side, is RM182K. I find it so luxury that it can be used as additional bedroom to sleep! LOL!

Kimchi different taste from Sushi la...don't just look at interiors. Look at engines as well.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kimchi different taste from Sushi la...don't just look at interiors. Look at engines as well.

Must look at wallet more lah.:p Have been driving Hyundai for 8 years already...not much problem....so ok to eat Kimchi .

OzRick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone tried buying a car under the MM2H scheme? I heard the tax savings can be substantial.

I’ve brought a BMW 320d under the MM2H scheme and the tax savings is around 82,000 RM.
Normal retail 268,000 RM, MM2H price is 186,100 RM.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I’ve brought a BMW 320d under the MM2H scheme and the tax savings is around 82,000 RM.
Normal retail 268,000 RM, MM2H price is 186,100 RM.

That's good savings. Curiousity..if you sellthe car, do you or the buyer pay back the tax?