• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Monk goes shopping with 200,000 coins

MirrorMan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Monk goes shopping with 200,000 coins

PUBLISHED : Thursday, 21 May, 2015, 4:35pm
UPDATED : Thursday, 21 May, 2015, 4:35pm

Celine Sun
[email protected]

coins.jpg

A monk in Shanghai paid for new water heaters with a load of 10-fen coins that weighed nearly three quarters of a tonne. The nearly quarter million coins took shop staff and bank clerks 13 hours to count. Photo: SCMP Pictures

A monk in Shanghai used more than 200,000 coins, each worth 10 fen, to buy water heaters for his temple at an appliance store, online news portal Xinhuanet.com reports.

Counting the coins took 13 hours, and they weighed 716kg in total.

“The monk from the temple said the coins were donated by visiting pilgrims. They had been accumulating for many years,” a store manager was quoted as saying.

The monk, from Xingjue Temple in the city’s Jinshan district, contacted several appliance stores asking whether they would take the pile of coins, but they turned him down. When he finally found a willing outlet, the store management had to ask a local branch of the Agricultural Bank of China to send over employees for help in sorting the 223,840 coins.

He bought 16 water heaters and was so pleased with the service that he told the store he would be back to buy air-conditioners and other small home appliances.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
B]Monk goes shopping with 200,000 coins[/B]

Celine Sun
[email protected]

That.s what I call bank counter service..

F....ck OCBC..I went to deposit cash at the counter so that i can write a cheque from the Easi-credit account... They want to charge me $25 as service charge for counter service..

It is unbelievable that they ransom you with their unreasonable charge,,,

And MAS is closing an eye to these ransom.

spinn

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is the true meaning of the word service. in sinkieland must be good customer to get good service :mad:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this monk is very good and singapore pap shall consider to invite him to Singapore and issuing him a PR.

there are monks who bring coins to nightclub and give coins to KTV girl as tips.

a coin is given to ktv girls whenever the monks pinch the ktv girls neh neh or piak their kar c'ng

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
cheebye monk try to be funny, if limpeh is the bank clerk sure use a bag of coins to whack his botak head until crack :biggrin:

wor mi tor fuo :biggrin:

Last edited:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is the true meaning of the word service. in sinkieland must be good customer to get good service :mad:

If you are rich, you get priority service. Otherwise you pay them and get lip service. Singapore banks only world class in laundering!:biggrin:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
B]

F....ck OCBC..I went to deposit cash at the counter so that i can write a cheque from the Easi-credit account... They want to charge me $25 as service charge for counter service..

u shd have use the cash deposit machine instead of the counter. that FOC.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why monks need creature comforts like aircons and heaters?

Aren't they supposed to be void of worldly needs and pleasures?

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
B]Monk goes shopping with 200,000 coins[/B]

Celine Sun
[email protected]

one infamous monk I saw in sg paid with credit card.............