• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Toshiba leaving Singapore

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
how many staff affected not reported???

Toshiba leaving Singapore end of May 2015 due to stiff competition

By Chitra Kumar

SINGAPORE - Toshiba will withdraw from the television and appliances market in Singapore at the end of May due to strong market competition.
Chinese evening newspaper Shin Min Daily News reported on Thursday that Toshiba Singapore had recently sent a notice to its retailers, announcing that some products will be withdrawn from the local market.
Reporters from the Chinese daily checked with several retailers and they understand that the retailers received the notice via e-mails and letters a few weeks ago.
Toshiba said that due to a highly competitive environment in Singapore, they had to make an "extremely difficult" decision to withdraw from the local television and appliance market.
In a statement, Toshiba said after-sales customer service will continue until further notice.
Small retailers have expressed concerns over Toshiba's exit.
A retail shopowner said about half of her electrical products are from Toshiba and several of her regular customers are fans of the Japanese brand.
She also said small retailers are not doing well now and Toshiba's withdrawal will add to the problem.
One industry insider said that regardless of technical specifications, South Korean products are slightly better in comparison.
Shin Min reported that a Toshiba spokesman was unable to provide further information about their withdrawal.
[email protected]

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
knn.. then my new toshiba loti toaster just buy only how? the guarantee boh par kay liao ah? cb early know i buy angmoh brand tefal :mad:

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another one bites the dust :biggrin:
Sanyo , Aiwa , Kenwood , Pioneer , JVC , Yashica , Kyocera , Konica all up in smoke :eek:
Who's next ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back in the day there was more variety in the brands of TV sets... there were more exotic brands such as ITT and Grundig.

GG789

Alfrescian
Loyal
My toshiba laptop just gg.
Initially Wanted to go to service center. But warranty is expired.

So now just buy a new laptop.

Bye toshiba. Bye my laptop:(

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
My toshiba laptop just gg.
Initially Wanted to go to service center. But warranty is expired.

So now just buy a new laptop.

Bye toshiba. Bye my laptop:(

Try your luck with some computer repair shops at SLT or Little India.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another one bites the dust :biggrin:
Sanyo , Aiwa , Kenwood , Pioneer , JVC , Yashica , Kyocera , Konica all up in smoke :eek:
Who's next ?

Akira is still going strong. Support Sinkie company products. Support AKIRA.

akiralogo.jpg

HomeImage.jpg

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If korean vs jap product same price, which would you buy? For me, def jap... Jap car over korean car, jap fridge over korean fridge wtc..

pachinko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if Toshiba is out , I will still buy another Japanese brand . Had very bad experiences with LG , safe a little in buying BUT gained more trouble and frustrations. Changed all my TV sets to LG when I bought new house and within 1.5 yrs , 2 of my 6 TVs ( 32" to 55" ) were out of order. Wrote to LG Spore to complain but no response .also bought DVD recorders and Mini compo , all broke down less than 2 years ! Frightening experience with this brand. Over 15 years ago , bought a Hyundai Pony and it was also a bad experience . Now will never touch Korean products.

how many staff affected not reported???

Toshiba leaving Singapore end of May 2015 due to stiff competition

By Chitra Kumar

SINGAPORE - Toshiba will withdraw from the television and appliances market in Singapore at the end of May due to strong market competition.
Chinese evening newspaper Shin Min Daily News reported on Thursday that Toshiba Singapore had recently sent a notice to its retailers, announcing that some products will be withdrawn from the local market.
Reporters from the Chinese daily checked with several retailers and they understand that the retailers received the notice via e-mails and letters a few weeks ago.
Toshiba said that due to a highly competitive environment in Singapore, they had to make an "extremely difficult" decision to withdraw from the local television and appliance market.
In a statement, Toshiba said after-sales customer service will continue until further notice.
Small retailers have expressed concerns over Toshiba's exit.
A retail shopowner said about half of her electrical products are from Toshiba and several of her regular customers are fans of the Japanese brand.
She also said small retailers are not doing well now and Toshiba's withdrawal will add to the problem.
One industry insider said that regardless of technical specifications, South Korean products are slightly better in comparison.
Shin Min reported that a Toshiba spokesman was unable to provide further information about their withdrawal.
[email protected]

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even if Toshiba is out , I will still buy another Japanese brand . Had very bad experiences with LG , safe a little in buying BUT gained more trouble and frustrations. Changed all my TV sets to LG when I bought new house and within 1.5 yrs , 2 of my 6 TVs ( 32" to 55" ) were out of order. Wrote to LG Spore to complain but no response .also bought DVD recorders and Mini compo , all broke down less than 2 years ! Frightening experience with this brand. Over 15 years ago , bought a Hyundai Pony and it was also a bad experience . Now will never touch Korean products.

You must live in a very big house to have 6tv, all lg some more.
I only have one and it's in the living room.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Moi wonder wats de hype bout Samsung TV...de color is simply over saturated...look fake and over priced...