• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tharman for new PM

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't doubt Tharman's intellect, clearly a very smart guy with a genial personality. What I question is his integrity and judgement whilst at the MAS. No doubt this is all in the past but personally the OSA charge will hang like a mill stone around his neck forever.

As a future PM? Probably the best of a bad bunch...but that's not saying much.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can only change so much from within, especially if you're alone or have only a few colleagues in your faction. PAP's core DNA as passed down by old fart and the old guard will not change.

Ultimately Singapore will need a new govt with a totally different vision and guiding philosophy, or it will implode. Either the opposition steps up to the plate, or a breakaway faction from the PAP would be needed to displace the present totalitarian, self-serving, corrupt govt.

YES! You are right! No more pappies. No more!

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is proven from events in the history of sinkie land that certain pappies Ministers and MPs were removed by LKY for personal indiscretion and that LKY would not tolerate nonsense from his Ministers and MPs. Would he deliberately keep tainted MPs and Ministers with him?

If the minister's services are needed and he is the best man for the job, yes. Case in point: Devan Nair (past), and Shanmugam (present).

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So your purpose of starting this thread is to tell us to vote pap and wait for change from within?

tail coming out liao.:rolleyes:

tharman good peeman or not, I not interested.

the fact he eat on the same table as the rest of papigs already proof he cannot be trusted. If he really a closet liberal as ppl here claim, that another proof keling cannot be trusted.

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
At least Thanman speaks well and carry himself well. Low thia khiang on the other hand is good for nothing , he is not even eloquent in his speeches.
as much as i like thanman, he is unlikely to become the next PM. Thanman is 58 and isnt alot younger than your current PM.
i would think the next Pm will be someone younger.

Vote the WP out!

Obama is very good in speaking. He is the president. But is he good president?

zookeeper

Alfrescian
Loyal
After the old man (lawyer), came one economist, one mathematician and now one finance guy?

The last 3 are the same, dealing with numbers. What change? :confused:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
U got to be realistic and see the bigger picture. Also u can only play with the cards u have. Next election we will most likely have more Opp seats. Also we will prob have a new PM given Pinky's health problems. So the best scenario is Tharman takes over and start some real change from within and the Opp change from outside. That's a two pronged approach.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my many tcss sessions with friends and ex-colleagues, I have always taken this position - if terrorists want to enter and sabotage,
sure to succeed. It is not a difficult task.

Quite true. Considering that sinkie land is only a small island and the foreigners could operate the vice den under the pappies' nose for several months until exposed by the media, it exposes the gross inefficiency of the law enforcement agencies.

Wonder whether LHL would seek to chop heads in this episode.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
U got to be realistic and see the bigger picture. Also u can only play with the cards u have. Next election we will most likely have more Opp seats. Also we will prob have a new PM given Pinky's health problems. So the best scenario is Tharman takes over and start some real change from within and the Opp change from outside. That's a two pronged approach.

LHL unlikely to step down after next GE2016. He is still fit as a fiddle, the guy will not give up easily. He is not as tough as LKY but he will stick around. LKY would have kicked his ass if LHL were to give up the PM seat.

Tharma has no chance to become PM, not in the history of sinkie land.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precisely. PAP is putus. Vote opposition. We need a new govt.

Unlikely to have a new Govt. Pappies would still be the Govt but with reduced majority of seats in Parliament. If more GRCS lost, certain Ministers would go. The pappies introduced GRC to whack oppo parties, now GRC would whack the pappies.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least Thanman speaks well and carry himself well. Low thia khiang on the other hand is good for nothing , he is not even eloquent in his speeches...

Oratory skill is not a prerequisite to the making of a good politician. Goh Keng Swee was a brilliant man but he could not speak well. Is the ex Indian president known as prataman a good speaker?

The facts speak for itself. Generalisation is unrealistic.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe tharman is the one whO sOld our country out,signing ceca Agreement bringing m illions of his fellow shitskin over.if he is so good why didnt he see the direction and state our economy is in?is this the best they could come up with?expanding our economy by shovelling boatloads of immigrants in and building endless condos and shopping malls?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't doubt Tharman's intellect, clearly a very smart guy with a genial personality. What I question is his integrity and judgement whilst at the MAS. No doubt this is all in the past but personally the OSA charge will hang like a mill stone around his neck forever.

As a future PM? Probably the best of a bad bunch...but that's not saying much.

I agree,compared to the rest of the bunch of turds,singapore would have probably been better off under tharman than the lees.he looks relatively less full of shit than the other ministers and mps.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dsc_9555e.jpg

Thaman treats opposition politicians with respect, not like the Lee Family

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are mainly out of work Civil Servants..

Other than Tan Jee Say, (ex-Private sec to PM Goh) and Dr Ang Yong Guan ( ex-Mindef Colonel), the white hair guy on the right of Tan jee say is a retired Colonel too....

The rest are ex-cops, et al........