• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tharman for new PM

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just saw the St Gallen interview on YouTube and I must say from a Opp supporter that I am impressed with his answers and intellect and conviction. Much much better than LHL or even the late old man himself. To me it's a no brainer as to who should be our next PM.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
All because of one interview?

Well that interview floored me. But can't deny his credentials. He heads a committee in IMF and is recognized as one of the top 30 finance heads in the world. Pity he's Indian as that's the only thing that will give some people pause. But he's definitely heads and shoulders above the rest.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All I need is affordable medical w/o waiting for 10hrs & a hospital bed instead of hospital corridor and minimum wage vs foreigners don't know and don't understand IMF, or Int'l Laws etc etc....

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he is good why this Ah Neh did not go help build India into a super power in 2100?

Ag Neh good for talk cock only, cheating are their best skill set born to cheat.

Just saw the St Gallen interview on YouTube and I must say from a Opp supporter that I am impressed with his answers and intellect and conviction. Much much better than LHL or even the late old man himself. To me it's a no brainer as to who should be our next PM.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If he is good why this Ah Neh did not go help build India into a super power in 2100?

Ag Neh good for talk cock only, cheating are their best skill set born to cheat.

That's right but what pisses me off is that all because of one interview people are like praising this shit skin to the skies yet let's assume tharman isn't indian but chinese but everything else is the same about him and he gave the same exact interview but is chinese instead i can bet TS wouldn't be calling him to be PM. Wonder if the TS is a shit skin himself.

LordKrishna

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
At this point in Singapore's 50 years of modern history, I have to concur that Tharman is the only person in Singapore that looks like a real Statesman that people can take seriously. The rest in the rank even the current Prime Minister Lee HL included looked like children in the playground no statesman cutting at all and an embarrassment to Singapore. The ony person that carries himself so well is our late ahkong Lee Kuan Yew, Lord Vishnu bless his soul namaste, now that he is gone it is imperative Singapore quickly find a real leader to represent us.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
All because of one interview?

I fault him for being insincere as Finance Minister who is aware of the danger of using high denomination notes value to help money launderer and drug lords to hide their money.

My son and I had a serious discussion on this issue ( about honesty and integrity of the govt) and my boy said that he has made some progress and has taken the first baby step by not issuing any new $10.000 notes since Oct 2014.

The United States Treasury has stop issuing their US $1000 bills since 1969, some 45 years ago.

Lets give him some time in turning this around.

I believe he will make a better PM than LHL...

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Neh, the snake, cannot be trusted. Period.

They sleep with the evil Brit to grow opium in mass production to drug China. If Ah Nehs are good people they would have get rid of the evil Brit and save Chinese from total destruction from the Brit.

East India Company?

I fault him for being insincere as Finance Minister who is aware of the danger of using high denomination notes value to help money launderer and drug lords to hide their money.

My son and I had a serious discussion on this issue ( about honesty and integrity of the govt) and my boy said that he has made some progress and has taken the first baby step by not issuing any new $10.000 notes since Oct 2014.

The United States Treasury has stop issuing their US $1000 bills since 1969, some 45 years ago.

Lets give him some time in turning this around.

I believe he will make a better PM than LHL...

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
His achievements so far have not been pretty good. Clinton for example is a better president than him.

I beg to differ. Compare the US economy now and before Obama took office. Jobs r coming back, deficit trimmed, they r now in a position of strength to raise interest rates..And remember Obama has not got it easy in Congress and the Senate. I would say he did quite well, maybe a B+

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's Indian but I wouldn't hold it against him. He's born and raised in Singapore, did NS ..etc. He is a better Finance Minister than Picky ever was. And he's DPM inspite of his race, no mean feat!

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cannot leh. Wrong "si", in Thai.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tharman is the only cabinet minister who is of prime ministerial calibre. All the rest, including Pinky, CMI.

He's a closet liberal. A little-known fact is when he was studying in England, he (and George Yeo) used to meet up with Tan Wah Piow for tutorials on Marxism and social justice. He's just biding his time right now, subverting the system gently from within with increasingly redistributive budgets year by year. But he'll only show his hand when the PAP breaks up.

If the PAP splits in the near to medium term, very likely now that old fart is gone, expect this Jedi to lead the breakaway liberal faction. That may be Singapore's best hope for salvation, given the fragmented state our opposition is currently in.

Watch this space.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Intellect and conviction counts for nothing.
We have a new word "MeritaGuanxi" is more vital. The world works in this way, so is this red dot.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tharman is the only cabinet minister who is of prime ministerial calibre. All the rest, including Pinky, CMI.

He's a closet liberal. A little-known fact is when he was studying in England, he (and George Yeo) used to meet up with Tan Wah Piow for tutorials on Marxism and social justice. He's just biding his time right now, subverting the system gently from within with increasingly redistributive budgets year by year. But he'll only show his hand when the PAP breaks up.

If the PAP splits in the near to medium term, very likely now that old fart is gone, expect this Jedi to lead the breakaway liberal faction. That may be Singapore's best hope for salvation, given the fragmented state our opposition is currently in.

Watch this space.
I like this. Change from within. Better than a slapping co-driver!