• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Toyota Hilux Revo - all new pickup truck to be launch soon

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where does it mention a diesel model?

I test drove the Prius C a few months ago and it was a horrible experience. The engine sounds like an electric sewing machine.

pardon me. it is running on petrol / gasoline.
in singapore, it is better to drive hybrid because I expect PAP to continue to increase fuel tax.
so to protect our pocket, we better think of diesel / hybrid car.

I have yet to test drive any of the hybrid car. I like big car like toyota fortuner or Hylux but in Singapore context, these cars are expensive to maintain

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
in singapore, it is better to drive hybrid because I expect PAP to continue to increase fuel tax.

I have yet to test drive any of the hybrid car. I like big car like toyota fortuner or Hylux but in Singapore context, these cars are expensive to maintain

My advice is to wait for the battery technology to improve.

Hybrid cars still use NiMH batteries which phones have long since discarded. The batteries are heavy and last only 5 to 7 years. They are extremely costly to replace.

You're probably better off paying your fuel taxes.

Instead of putting up with the stupid rules laid down by the PAP, why don't you move somewhere else where cars and petrol are less than a third of the price?

Don't let your government dictate your lifestyle. Give them the finger and walk out the door.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think of toyota hybrid battery. I understand that it is expensive. However, we can easily drive to Malaysia to get a brand new battery from certified toyato service center in Malaysia. The price is expensive but reasonable and not as expensive as Singapore

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
back to the topic. this toyota hylux is very cool and very good if we have chance to drive it for long distance.

my dream is to rent this car for a month at least and drive all the way from Singapore to Penang or further to Bangkok together with my hubby.

unfortunately, this car is categorized as commercial vehicle in Singapore.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

buy hybrid to save money on petrol??? wahahaha.... whatever saving u got from hybrid, u will lose more when u need to change the car batteries. not sure of the cost in spore but I wont be surprise Toyota charge $15-20k for batteries replacement.

if really want to save petrol, change your driving habits better. get a bicycle for short commute.:biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
back to the topic. this toyota hylux is very cool and very good if we have chance to drive it for long distance.

my dream is to rent this car for a month at least and drive all the way from Singapore to Penang or further to Bangkok together with my hubby.

unfortunately, this car is categorized as commercial vehicle in Singapore.

The Hilux is a pickup truck. It is not suitable for long distance travel. It does not handle well at speed and because it is designed to carry heavy loads, the suspension is designed with strength in mind rather than comfort.

If you want to drive long distances, you'd be far better off renting the Highlander. It is way more comfortable.

2015_toyota_highlander_angularfront.jpg

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
if really want to save petrol, change your driving habits better. get a bicycle for short commute.:biggrin:

My advice to any Singaporean who does not have cash to throw around is to avoid buying a car in the first place.

Take public transport for the daily commute and rent a car if you want to drive out of town.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My advice to any Singaporean who does not have cash to throw around is to avoid buying a car in the first place.

Take public transport for the daily commute and rent a car if you want to drive out of town.

if I single and alone, I agree it easier to take public transport. as long mrt don't breakdown, it faster to travel to office from home via mrt as road congestion turn a 30min drive into 1.5hr. Alas, old lady of the house like to go out despite her legs not as mobile as 10years ago. Weak knee mean cannot take public transport during peak hours and being old, need monthly commute to the doctors.

that why brought a cheap range reliable Japanese car. Only issue was no manual transmission.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I think of toyota hybrid battery. I understand that it is expensive. However, we can easily drive to Malaysia to get a brand new battery from certified toyato service center in Malaysia. The price is expensive but reasonable and not as expensive as Singapore

Toyota gives 10 years warranty for their hybrid batteries for all models. So you need not worry for 10 years. I used to drive a Camry hybrid for 2 years, not bad.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Toyota gives 10 years warranty for their hybrid batteries for all models. So you need not worry for 10 years. I used to drive a Camry hybrid for 2 years, not bad.

The problem is that Toyota will only replace the battery under warranty when it is on its last legs. Between 0 to 10 years, the battery steadily deteriorates just as they do with cell phones.

By year 7, it stores far less charge compared to when it was brand new. However, Toyota will still claim that the battery is still has life in it but consumption figures will already have started going up because the electric motor is doing less and less work so the petrol engine has to do more.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The Hilux is a pickup truck. It is not suitable for long distance travel. It does not handle well at speed and because it is designed to carry heavy loads, the suspension is designed with strength in mind rather than comfort.

If you want to drive long distances, you'd be far better off renting the Highlander. It is way more comfortable.

2015_toyota_highlander_angularfront.jpg

Think the Highlander may be be available in Singapore and Thailand. My dream car is a Landcruiser or the LX, hope one day.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when I was in Bangkok Siam Square, I noticed the car park lot is very tiny.
these cars may be too big for the conventional car park

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
when I was in Bangkok Siam Square, I noticed the car park lot is very tiny.
these cars may be too big for the conventional car park

Siam Square is an old place, Siam Paragon and most of the carparks in Thailand the lots are bigger than Singapore's, always a breeze to park in Thailand with ample space to open your door.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
GALLERY: 2016 Toyota Hilux – Thai launch live photos

In Cars, International News, Toyota / By Anthony Lim / 22 May 2015 11:24 am / 28 comments

Yesterday saw the official introduction of the eight-gen 2016 Toyota Hilux, with the pickup being revealed simultaneously in Thailand and Australia. You’ve seen the studio shots, and now here are live photos of the new Hilux from the Thai part of the launch. On display at the event were a number of Hilux variants, in single, extra and double cabin body styles.

Aside from revised styling, the new Hilux gets two new turbodiesel engines as well as fresh six-speed ‘intelligent’ manual and auto gearboxes. The truck also features a thicker, stronger frame and enhanced comfort, safety and convenience features.

The new engines are a 2.8 litre 1GD-FTV and a 2.4 litre 2GD-FTV from the GD family, and both Euro 4-compliant oil burners feature common-rail direct-injection, variable-nozzle turbos, exhaust gas recirculation and a stop/start system.

The 2.8 litre has 177 hp at 3,400 rpm and 450 Nm between 1,600 and 2,400 rpm for output numbers, this when paired with the new six-speed auto (with the new six-speed manual, torque is bumped up to 420 Nm between 1,400 and 2,600 rpm).

As for the 2.4, that’s good for 150 hp at 3,400 rpm and 400 Nm between 1,600 and 2,000 rpm with the six-speed auto (with a five-speed manual, 343 Nm between 1,400 and 2,800 rpm). The Hilux is also available with the familiar 2.7 litre Dual VVT-i petrol with 166 hp and 245 Nm, and in Australia the truck will also get a 4.0 litre V6 petrol option.

Plenty of variation, from three suspension setups for various markets and a host of wheel size options (in 16-, 17- or 18-inch sizes), and with the variety of body styles, there’s no shortage of coming up with variants – Australia is already set to have 31!
Thai launch live photos by Edd Ellison.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
This toyota Looks too simplistic. I have a triton truck and that is good for passengers at the back as its more comfortable. What I rally wanted was the navara. Looks nice outside. But the back seats are uncomfortable.

This could be the next car for me :-

http://www.ford.com.au/suvs/new-everest

Looks good and ample space for 7 plus luggage.