• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Toyota Hilux Revo - all new pickup truck to be launch soon

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
255q2qp.jpg

New fortuner same platform

2rn7hjd.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From what I know the hilux had always shared same platform with the fortuner model.....
Likewise the Mitsubishi L-200 pickups with their Pajeros.

The hilux is the only pickup/truck that drives like a car....nothing else comes close in this respect.....not even the Isuzu dmax, ford Rangers, Nissan navaros and what have you.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The hilux is the only pickup/truck that drives like a car....nothing else comes close in this respect.....not even the Isuzu dmax, ford Rangers, Nissan navaros and what have you.

Where did you get that info from?

I've test driven all of them and while there are varying degrees of refinement between makes and models, none of them come close to the ride and handling of a car simply because it is impossible for a ladder chassis and leaf spring suspension set up to even come close to a car like feel.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what I know the hilux had always shared same platform with the fortuner model.....

zeng your car

LibyanTechnical.jpg

zw3qrqwemdtp767dpoqy.jpg

r30_19120966.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
[video=youtube_share;K-sCSOIswP4]http://youtu.be/K-sCSOIswP4[/video]

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hilux-03.jpg

I don't think hilux share the same suspension with fortuner even though they share the same platform. hilux use the leaf spring system Toyota use for its commercial vehicles. unless the hilux u drove had it suspension mod, no way hilux can handle like a normal saloon.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I don't think hilux share the same suspension with fortuner even though they share the same platform. hilux use the leaf spring system Toyota use for its commercial vehicles. unless the hilux u drove had it suspension mod, no way hilux can handle like a normal saloon.

It's more than just the leaf springs. The ladder chassis makes a big difference too.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This sucker look really handsome, may have got a cut in design from the Tundra

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2016-Toyota-Hilux-front-view.jpg
    2016-Toyota-Hilux-front-view.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 4,158

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
is it worth it to buy this kind of car? the fuel cost is going to be expensive

Are you kidding me my Hilux has the lowest overheads ever. It has lasted forever, it runs on diesel and the depreciation is negligible.

It's the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
is there any option for us to buy hybrid hylux?

I doubt if they'll make a hybrid Hilux pickup. If you want hybrid get a Highlander. I have a petrol V6 3.5L version and it's another fantastic vehicle. It's as smooth as silk, handles beautifully and is one of the most reliable vehicles on earth. People are getting 1,000,000km out of the engine without any major work needed.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in singapore, petrol tax is expensive. i am considering to get hybrid car.
I like toyota fortuner and hylux but in Singapore Hylux is categorized as commercial vehicle.
I think i saw toyota fortuner hybrid before

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
in singapore, petrol tax is expensive. i am considering to get hybrid car.
I like toyota fortuner and hylux but in Singapore Hylux is categorized as commercial vehicle.
I think i saw toyota fortuner hybrid before

http://toyotaspecs.com/2016-toyota-fortuner-hybrid/

I doubt if any agent will bring it in because you pay a premium for a hybrid and with the ARF tax, the premium is multiplied by a factor of at least 2.

At current petrol prices, the ROI for a hybrid vehicle in NZ is around 10 years. In Singapore it would 15 years or more. It's not worth it.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
is it worth it to buy this kind of car? the fuel cost is going to be expensive

My DMAX V-Cross get me at least 900km per tank as has ever even crossed 1,000km a couple of times (was nervous though) and with diesel only 26 baht per litre its ok.