• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vivian kicks off erection campaign at Trevelis

jw5

Loyal
It's so sad that no matter how many elections he wins, he still doesn't get a major portfolio. :(

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was an expert on world shattering even like YOG...why SEAP games , they never consulted him?....as a consultant...

It is not easy to fail as a minister in S'pore. More so when you have the brains. Sadly, VB proved me wrong. This is one guy Rajaretnam spotted and groomed.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not easy to fail as a minister in S'pore. More so when you have the brains. Sadly, VB proved me wrong. This is one guy Rajaretnam spotted and groomed.

VB is a very good debater in ACS. He is fluent and sharp... I have seen him in the inter-school debate. He did come across as one who is sharp and articulate. But governance is more than just being able to talk fluently. One must have the ability to put words into actions and deliver results. This side of him is still not very vivid.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
VB is a very good debater in ACS. He is fluent and sharp... I have seen him in the inter-school debate. He did come across as one who is sharp and articulate. But governance is more than just being able to talk fluently. One must have the ability to put words into actions and deliver results. This side of him is still not very vivid.

Words into action is executed by civil servants. Not VB himself. I am still puzzled. Maybe he can get advice from Simon Tay.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because sinkies have shown time and again, they have short-term memory. Vivian will retain his seat in parliament by a comfortable majority while the SDP continues to roam the streets.

You were singing the praises for the MP and the RC just a few days ago. That Ms Vivian has to show up implies that the MP and RC did not accomplished anything.
Please slap yourself again ten times.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vivian told the residents that flooding along corridors is unacceptable and if there are defects in the new flats, they should be fixed by the developer.

How does Ms Vivian know it is a defect? Did he check the specification drawn up by HDB? For all you know, this flooding was caused by the design flaw of the HDB. Then how?

ChoBohLan

Alfrescian
Loyal
These politicians of the white kind, is so arrogant, remember what SIM ANN together with the Developer officials said?? just recently.......now the "BOSS" Vivien, is doing damage control....."erection" wayang.....:rolleyes:

Err sorri, what did SIM ANN together with the Developer officials say?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Words into action is executed by civil servants. Not VB himself. I am still puzzled. Maybe he can get advice from Simon Tay.

My observation of VB ( and I may be wrong ) is that he has more of the humanistic and the moral side. He is not particularly strong in numbers. So, when it comes to big projects, he is good at understanding the "artistic' or "moral" side of the project ( " call a spade a spade , a flood is a flood , not a pond " ), but not so much on the numbers side ("how much does it cost to fix the drainage system ? How much is the budget for maintenance ? " ). Unfortunately, sometimes when you got a lot more people in the committee that are on the artistic or moral side, the number side of things can get overlooked.

At that level of projects, you cannot fumble at the numbers because those numbers are humongous.

Last edited: