• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Forest City

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doesn't sound good. When the news is made public like that, it shows the seriousness and truth of the whole matter.

It's not just the ecological issue here. But also how well settled the sand is.

I'm not a fan of this project, but SG reclaims land like nobody's business so its like pot calling kettle black. Jurong Island, Tuas, Changi, some areas on Tekong & Semakau. JI alone is probably 10 times bigger than FC

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not a fan of this project, but SG reclaims land like nobody's business so its like pot calling kettle black. Jurong Island, Tuas, Changi, some areas on Tekong & Semakau. JI alone is probably 10 times bigger than FC

There's nothing wrong with reclaiming land itself if it's done properly. I'm not sure about the ecological part. For myself, my top concern would be the length of time the sand needs to settle. There is already talk by some about how short a time was given before the project was built. For Singapore, by comparison, I think Marina was given 10 years.

This CG project (including the Danga Bay one) was built by a financially questionable gungho China developer, on anything-also-can Johor soil. I'd be scared personally to live there. Some say that if the soil is not firm enough, the whole building could slowly sink or worst case, topple! Only time can tell...

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's nothing wrong with reclaiming land itself if it's done properly. I'm not sure about the ecological part. For myself, my top concern would be the length of time the sand needs to settle. There is already talk by some about how short a time was given before the project was built. For Singapore, by comparison, I think Marina was given 10 years.

This CG project (including the Danga Bay one) was built by a financially questionable gungho China developer, on anything-also-can Johor soil. I'd be scared personally to live there. Some say that if the soil is not firm enough, the whole building could slowly sink or worst case, topple! Only time can tell...

I have full confident with China Developer. If Local developer do....sure topple one!

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw a short video on my son FB about FC water activities. Very fun and thrilling leh. Singapore got no such entertainment I think

Those are all promotional material, same as those they use for Country Garden in Danga Bay.........Gold Coast living lah, water sports in crystal clear blue water lah, white sandy beaches lah...........to entice those uninitiated public.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder whether the future Forest City residents are aware that PSA will be moving the ports in Tanjong Pagar and Pasir Panjang to Tuas to make Tuas into a mega port.
So good news for the Forest City residents, the bright lights from this one of the world busiest mega port will be so bright that they don't even need street lights at night.
And if got nothing to do, anytime can also watch hundreds of ships sailing in and sailing out.

work-on-tuas-mega-port-starting-soon.jpg

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
It looks very close on the map, but the mega port is 12km from forest city, it will look like twinkle twinkle little stars at the horizon. PTP and the chimneys from tuas power plant are 3km away, that is near.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
It looks very close on the map, but the mega port is 12km from forest city, it will look like twinkle twinkle little stars at the horizon. PTP and the chimneys from tuas power plant are 3km away, that is near.

Are you sure it is 12km?
Look at this map by produced Forest City again, and compare the mega port location on the earlier map, it is more like about 2km, the length of the 2nd Link.

forest city.jpg

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you sure it is 12km?
Look at this map by produced Forest City again, and compare the mega port location on the earlier map, it is more like about 2km, the length of the 2nd Link.

View attachment 28215

yup, measured from the current forest city show room, it's 12 km to mega port, 4 km to tuas power plant and PTP. Use google map, it's better than artist impression. The elongated island will be nearer, but looking at the current situation, who knows if it will be built at all.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup, measured from the current forest city show room, it's 12 km to mega port, 4 km to tuas power plant and PTP. Use google map, it's better than artist impression. The elongated island will be nearer, but looking at the current situation, who knows if it will be built at all.

Look at the diagram produced by Forest City again carefully, there are 3 dotted lined circles superimposed on it with Forest City in the centre of the circles.
The 3 circles are indicated as 5, 10 and 15 sq. km zones.
The smallest circle, which is the 5 sq. km zone has all the Forest City islands inside and also including the 2nd Link and Tuas mega Port.
So, the spacing distance from Forest City to Tuas meag port should be about 2km only.
I think your 12km probably means the surface road travel distance where you go by road via the 2nd Link to Tuas Mega port.

kong1509

Alfrescian
Loyal
I might drop by there for high tea.

Knight Frank Real Estate Highlights 1H2016 Johor Bahru Property Market
==============================================
The report looks into the market performance across the various property mix and highlights the trends and outlook in Johor Bahru for the second half of 2015.

Market Highlights
===========
The headliner for the 1H2016 for Johor is, of course, Forest City. The 1,386-hectare mixed development project spread over four man-made islands by Chinese heavyweight developer, Country Garden, was officially launched by the Sultan of Johor and The Prime Minister on March 6, 2016. An entire city designed from scratch, this mega- development is set to include extensive green landscaping and to utilize clever design to create a green ‘smart city’. The development is expected to take over 20 years to complete. The project has been heavily marketed and has generated a buzz around town that has been sorely missed over the last 6 months.

At the launch, the Prime Minister announced that Forest City will be accorded duty-free status. In addition to that, further tax incentives for green developers, tourism, health and education sectors were also bestowed upon Forest City.

Resources From :-
============
http://focus.iproperty.com.my/guides...JXvmP8SaWeU.99

Last edited:

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. But forest town's future will be louder as the aircrafts landing day in day out at the nearby airport.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. But forest town's future will be louder as the aircrafts landing day in day out at the nearby airport.

Not really lah, actually Jurong West is worse, being directly in the fly path and yet the residents are getting used to already and after all the flying is not 24/7 operations in Tuas Mega Port.