• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Forest City

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Certainly the risk is high for Forest City because it is a guinea pig first model city for one belt one road. Only if the pricing comes down significantly more would make it a better bet.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I've said earlier, a couple of ghost cities is really no big deal in China with a population of 1.4 billion.
The govt, if they really do something positive, those ghost cities will be filled and bustling in no time.
If they can build a bustling city from a fishing village in the far south of the country in such a short time which no developed or developing country can achieve, inhabiting those ghost cities will be child play in comparison.
But a ghost town several thousands miles away in a little southern Malaysian city not under their jurisdiction is something else.

Perhaps Forest City is similar to the Dubai model.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder what those people were thinking when they book for a unit in Forest City, a man-made island next to Tuas, a polluting heavy industrial zone.
Is it because the salesmen convinced them that if they don't book now, the next phase will cost at least 20% more and the following phases even much more??
Or they were also convinced by the salesmen that by the time the later phase is launched, they can sell away their unit with a good profit?

But think about it, this is only the first phase they are buying.
The developer owns this whole man-made island.
If they can sell the initial phases, they will continue rapid building the following phases and you'll be living next to a major construction site for a very long time, having to endure all the dust and noise.
But if the initial phases don't sell very well, the developer may just delay or stop developing the following phases and you'll be living next to a very large piece of empty land, perhaps with plenty of lalang bushes growing all over.
So, which ever way also not very pleasant.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well from the 2nd link I seem to be able to see the 5-star Hotel of Forest City almost near completion! I heard they are opening next month. Wow..

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps Forest City is similar to the Dubai model.
Again, this stooge who is not even living in JB starts to offer his misleading thoughts. Your advice to another forumer here on buying a car and park for long term in the 2nd Link vicinity is definitely the most wicked one I've ever come across in this forum. You knew that his condo is still under construction but yet, you can offer such a morbid suggestion. Your conscience (if you still have any) should have been to advise against such a move since we all know that car theft is very prevalent in Malaysia, and especially so in JB. What an idiot?

I anticipate you to GOOGLE for more details and return with the similarities of those 2 projects in your next post, tasks which you are already infamous for, but nothing else better. Otherwise, you'll just say that you don't have to reply to me, right?

Didn't I say before that you should continue to slog in your 9-5 job to earn your keep for the downpayment first? Otherwise, you don't even have time to post in this forum during office hours. And if you happen to be a Sinkie public servant, you probably won't even have Internet access (Singapore public servants' computers to have no Internet access from May next year) from May 2017.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well from the 2nd link I seem to be able to see the 5-star Hotel of Forest City almost near completion! I heard they are opening next month. Wow..

Just a funny thought that struck me.
My friend's son is about getting married in Singapore and he is lamenting about how expensive it is in Singapore.
I was joking...why not do it in a spanking new 5 star hotel in JB? Possible?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder what those people were thinking when they book for a unit in Forest City, a man-made island next to Tuas, a polluting heavy industrial zone.

But...... we do have a stooge here who says that it is like the model in Dubai, without himself even living in JB.

Is it because the salesmen convinced them that if they don't book now, the next phase will cost at least 20% more and the following phases even much more??
Or they were also convinced by the salesmen that by the time the later phase is launched, they can sell away their unit with a good profit?

But think about it, this is only the first phase they are buying.
The developer owns this whole man-made island.
If they can sell the initial phases, they will continue rapid building the following phases and you'll be living next to a major construction site for a very long time, having to endure all the dust and noise.
But if the initial phases don't sell very well, the developer may just delay or stop developing the following phases and you'll be living next to a very large piece of empty land, perhaps with plenty of lalang bushes growing all over.
So, which ever way also not very pleasant.

There are 4 professions which cannot be fully trusted: Insurance sales, property agents, financial analysts and politicians.

Last edited:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend's son is about getting married in Singapore and he is lamenting about how expensive it is in Singapore.

Depends on your friend's son's mentality. Defo doable. Quality wise not as good as SG but who cares, its a wedding, last 2-3 hrs. Spend less and save for other things.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is very true that wedding dinners are extremely expensive in SG.
The same can be done in a 5-star hotel in JB for a third of the cost in SG. (btw, how many 5 stars hotels are there in JB?)
Perhaps those 5-star hotels should be more enterprising perhaps by arranging tour coaches for the wedding couple to ferry their guests to and fro from SG to JB.
This way, the location can be as remote as Puteri Harbour and it doesn't matter, the guests will not need to find their way there.
Offer discount prices for guests wanting to stay over the weekend ......
They should be doing roaring businesses if they can do this.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Few years back, my niece had wedding dinner at Beijing Restaurant in JB. The newly wed couple just gathered their friends at one place in Singapore and had buses transported to and from the restaurant.

but how to tackle the traffic jam ?

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Few years back, my niece had wedding dinner at Beijing Restaurant in JB. The newly wed couple just gathered their friends at one place in Singapore and had buses transported to and from the restaurant.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Again, this stooge who is not even living in JB starts to offer his misleading thoughts. Your advice to another forumer here on buying a car and park for long term in the 2nd Link vicinity is definitely the most wicked one I've ever come across in this forum. You knew that his condo is still under construction but yet, you can offer such a morbid suggestion. Your conscience (if you still have any) should have been to advise against such a move since we all know that car theft is very prevalent in Malaysia, and especially so in JB. What an idiot?

I anticipate you to GOOGLE for more details and return with the similarities of those 2 projects in your next post, tasks which you are already infamous for, but nothing else better. Otherwise, you'll just say that you don't have to reply to me, right?

Didn't I say before that you should continue to slog in your 9-5 job to earn your keep for the downpayment first? Otherwise, you don't even have time to post in this forum during office hours. And if you happen to be a Sinkie public servant, you probably won't even have Internet access (Singapore public servants' computers to have no Internet access from May next year) from May 2017.

Go brainstorm with your grandchildren, may be they could persuade you how silly you are.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go brainstorm with your grandchildren, may be they could persuade you how silly you are.
Oh, you are back from your slogging already ah? So poor thing, unlike me, typing in the comfort of my home everyday. It's so naive of you to treat Forest City as Dubai.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why so pathetic? A lower grade restaurant in Singapore will save all the guests from their inconvenience. Besides, the Peking Restoran in JB is also not 5-star, but I still prefer their branch in Sutera Mall than the ones in Taman Sentosa and Taman Molek..