• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Developers dash Trivelis residents’ compensation hopes. HDB

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/developers-dash-trivelis-residents-compensation-hopes

1/2

Trivelis developer EL Development prefers to address residents’...
[More]

ByLaura Elizabeth Philomin

-
[email protected] -

Published: 4:17 AM, May 15, 2015

SINGAPORE — Following a dialogue with their Member of Parliament and the chairman of the pro tem Residents’ Committee (RC), residents at Trivelis said yesterday that they were still holding out hope that the developer would offer a recourse package for defects in their units and common areas.

However, any hope of compensation was quickly dashed by the developer, EL Development.

“There were requests from the committee for a recourse package during the meeting, but we did not agree as we felt that we should not be liable as we have built Trivelis in accordance to specifications and approved plans. However, we are willing to discuss with the committee about how we can assist the residents out of good will,” the developer told TODAY.

The developer of the Design, Build and Sell Scheme project did not attend the dialogue despite being invited, as it preferred to address residents’ concerns individually.

Speaking to reporters after the dialogue, Holland-Bukit Timah GRC MP Sim Ann said she and her team had been able to find solutions for residents on issues relating to parking, service and conservancy charges, as well as the building of additional pedestrian walkways.

“When it comes to issues within the unit, my view is that defects must be rectified. At the same time, there are some issues that may or may not be considered defects, but nevertheless have caused our residents quite a bit of heartache,” said Ms Sim, who is Minister of State for Health and Communication and Information.

She added: “Just yesterday, we managed to arrange a (face-to-face) meeting between the developer and our interim committee, and the developer indicated to us that it is willing to consider some sort of package or gesture to address this sort of issues that our residents have brought up. I think this is a step in the right direction, but I would reserve my comments until we see what the offer entails.”

Mr Kevin Teh, who chairs the pro tem RC, said the committee will be meeting the developer to further discuss the matter.

“This will be communicated ... once it’s ready to residents, but we will work with them closely to ensure residents’ input is being heard as well,” he added.

Having to delay the move to her new unit by a few months because of the defects, resident Geraldine Ng felt the developer should offer some cash compensation to cover additional costs of renovation.

However, another resident, who wanted to be known only as Mr Wang, acknowledged that monetary compensation is unlikely. Still, he hopes for improvements such as the fixing of common corridors that are prone to flooding when it rains.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/developers-dash-trivelis-residents-compensation-hopes

1/2

Trivelis developer EL Development prefers to address residents’...
[More]

ByLaura Elizabeth Philomin

-
[email protected] -

Published: 4:17 AM, May 15, 2015

SINGAPORE — Following a dialogue with their Member of Parliament and the chairman of the pro tem Residents’ Committee (RC), residents at Trivelis said yesterday that they were still holding out hope that the developer would offer a recourse package for defects in their units and common areas.

However, any hope of compensation was quickly dashed by the developer, EL Development.

“There were requests from the committee for a recourse package during the meeting, but we did not agree as we felt that we should not be liable as we have built Trivelis in accordance to specifications and approved plans. However, we are willing to discuss with the committee about how we can assist the residents out of good will,” the developer told TODAY.

The developer of the Design, Build and Sell Scheme project did not attend the dialogue despite being invited, as it preferred to address residents’ concerns individually.

Speaking to reporters after the dialogue, Holland-Bukit Timah GRC MP Sim Ann said she and her team had been able to find solutions for residents on issues relating to parking, service and conservancy charges, as well as the building of additional pedestrian walkways.

“When it comes to issues within the unit, my view is that defects must be rectified. At the same time, there are some issues that may or may not be considered defects, but nevertheless have caused our residents quite a bit of heartache,” said Ms Sim, who is Minister of State for Health and Communication and Information.

She added: “Just yesterday, we managed to arrange a (face-to-face) meeting between the developer and our interim committee, and the developer indicated to us that it is willing to consider some sort of package or gesture to address this sort of issues that our residents have brought up. I think this is a step in the right direction, but I would reserve my comments until we see what the offer entails.”

Mr Kevin Teh, who chairs the pro tem RC, said the committee will be meeting the developer to further discuss the matter.

“This will be communicated ... once it’s ready to residents, but we will work with them closely to ensure residents’ input is being heard as well,” he added.

Having to delay the move to her new unit by a few months because of the defects, resident Geraldine Ng felt the developer should offer some cash compensation to cover additional costs of renovation.

However, another resident, who wanted to be known only as Mr Wang, acknowledged that monetary compensation is unlikely. Still, he hopes for improvements such as the fixing of common corridors that are prone to flooding when it rains.

The developer already made it clear that they did nothing wrong. They were not negligent. So, why should they be held responsible?

I would like to thank Sim Ann and her RC team for being patient with the residents.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Trivelis Residents who did you vote during the Last GE????
You Gong Gongs voted for the PAP right???? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I see a surge of votes for the Oppo party contesting in the Holland-Bukit Timah GRC in the next GE... May there be many more defects found in their units in the coming future... :biggrin::biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Wow. Talk about stating the obvious and making motherhood statements. :rolleyes:

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow...developer very garang leh.

Collected money already, is it ? Foreign developer, is it ?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The developer already made it clear that they did nothing wrong. They were not negligent. So, why should they be held responsible?

So you admit HDB screwed up. Why hasn't the minister commit hari-kiri?

I would like to thank Sim Ann and her RC team for being patient with the residents.

What has she and the sycophantic RC done? Nothing. Show face only.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How many votes will the PAP lose from this:confused:

I don't think this is an isolated case. The PAP have got their fingers in many, many,... projects & when these projects go sour it is going to alienate their voters .

There is also the case in Sengkand over the proposed columbarium, Those living there might want to consider if the project will proceed once the PAP win the GE?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why dont they throw the key back to HDB?, but beforehand HDB should verify it before handing over to buyer. Buyer can request bank not to release the last payment to the developer.

Emm.. sorry am i in the living in jb thread..:p

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How many votes will the PAP lose from this:confused:

I don't think this is an isolated case. The PAP have got their fingers in many, many,... projects & when these projects go sour it is going to alienate their voters .

There is also the case in Sengkand over the proposed columbarium, Those living there might want to consider if the project will proceed once the PAP win the GE?

For every one sinkie vote PAP lost, it would have gained 3-5 more from new citizens. They are grateful to PAP for recognizing their foreign degrees, offering their PMET jobs in Singapore and offering them a government that is far less corrupt than what they had experienced in their home country. I would like to thank PAP for doing such a great job all these years.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow...developer very garang leh.

Collected money already, is it ? Foreign developer, is it ?

EL Development - I think is Evan Lim, local......coincidentally, they live in the same GRC and directly within Sim Ann's ward

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For every one sinkie vote PAP lost, it would have gained 3-5 more from new citizens. They are grateful to PAP for recognizing their foreign degrees, offering their PMET jobs in Singapore and offering them a government that is far less corrupt than what they had experienced in their home country. I would like to thank PAP for doing such a great job all these years.

Foreigners are not stupid & many of them are after the same things Sporeans are after. They will look after their own self interests & not the PAP's interest.

The PAP may get a nasty surprise in the next GE when these voters choose to support the opposition :smile:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Foreigners are not stupid & many of them are after the same things Sporeans are after. They will look after their own self interests & not the PAP's interest.

The PAP may get a nasty surprise in the next GE when these voters choose to support the opposition :smile:

basically when foreigner become citizen............they get screwed right away..........:biggrin:

they may lose their jobs to foreigners and their money stuck in CPF..........

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
basically when foreigner become citizen............they get screwed right away..........:biggrin:

they may lose their jobs to foreigners and their money stuck in CPF..........

Foreigners are not as docile as home grown Sporeans. When they take up citizenship I expect them to bang the table if they are not happy, just look at those PRC bus drivers who organised a strike. Or those indians who rioted.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone who bought this shit project Trivelis should know they have been screwed thoroughly when a cheaper and bigger project Clementi Ridges was established right beside it literally.