• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

woman run over by bus in ponggol

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. If unsafe dont cross
Hv u stand at e front n beside e driver
The view is very clear
The driver must be coonning

When you stand, the view is different from the driver who is seated, you are basically looking down and the view is better, but the view from the driver at the side is almost blind.

wufucheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you stand, the view is different from the driver who is seated, you are basically looking down and the view is better, but the view from the driver at the side is almost blind.

Speechless
Then bus co. must provide more mirrors to cover all blind spot

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Best case scenario the driver is ft and victim is pap supporter....
Then the family will turn anti pap and that's a few more opposition votes right there

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Crossing at T-junction is the most fxxking dangerous thing to do in Singapore.
Vehicles, coming out from side road and turning right into main road, always try to beat the pedestrians.
I myself have seen one accident and quite many near-misses (and had personally experienced 3 near-misses so far). :mad:

Wtf is the authority doing? :oIo:

The accident and near-misses that I've seen and experienced so far, all happened when both the vehicle light and pedestrian light turned green at the same time, and right-turning vehicles sped through the pedestrians' path because there were no opposite incoming vehicles to take note.

It is probably the same for punggol accident.

This accident happen in Sengkang in 2012.
A SBS Transit Bus Service 159 made a right turn and simply ran over the woman without stopping to allow her to pass. The woman was reportedly dragged under the bus before other motorists alerted the bus driver to stop.

[video=vimeo;127911606]https://vimeo.com/127911606[/video]

More info. can be found on these links:
http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20120403-337507.html

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....s-after-being-run-over-by-SBS-bus-in-Sengkang

zookeeper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ahbuden? You think? Or drivers must just pay more attention.

I once sat on the right side of a SBS bus, that almost hit someone on the right side during a right turn. I saw the near-miss, the driver did not.
Another off-duty driver was on the left side of the bus, not knowing anything. Since I was about to drop off, I told the off-duty driver about the near-miss and asked him to alert the driver when it's safe to do so.
The first thing he said to me was: "whoa! you are so smart har???" in chinese. Really felt like a big KAYPOH. :mad:
Are they properly trained to think safety first? I seriously doubt so.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you. Many times I think it is safer to jaywalk, than to follow the green man to hell.

Relying on red man is safer because there are no vehicles to turn unexpectedly into your path.

Used to be quite safe to cross when green man is on, but not anymore.

The import of these foreign drivers that comes from a land which shows little respect for traffic rules is now a danger to take for granted that they would stop when turning.

smrtnanjing.jpg

Safety rule of thumb is even if green man is on, wait for the vehicles to come to a stop before crossing.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The deceased should have been paying more attention to road safety instead of being engrossed with her handphone. Let this be a lesson to those of you whose lives revolve around your handphones.

XxooxX

Alfrescian
Loyal
The deceased should have been paying more attention to road safety instead of being engrossed with her handphone. Let this be a lesson to those of you whose lives revolve around your handphones.

Which part u saw say victim using phone.
Clearly is driver tired n reckless.
F your family die by roadside.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Which part u saw say victim using phone.
Clearly is driver tired n reckless.
F your family die by roadside.

A turning bus isn't exactly a fast-moving vehicle. That gives you more than enough time to see the bus coming, provided you are observant instead of playing with your handphone while walking.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I saw a video of a bus driver looking into his handphone for a good full minute when he was driving. Before he could lift up to look, the bus which he was driving smashed into a stationary lorry packed on the side of the road. He was fortunate to have survived.

This accident can be prevented if the bus driver has been more alert. He should have watched out for the woman crossing the road. She had the right of way as the green man was on. I think the bus driver must have been distracted when maneuvering the bus to make the bend ... as most drivers would do when making a bend, we first check out the traffic on the opposite lane , and if there is none, we would drive forward and will slow down before the next crossing and look out for any pedestrians before turning...

But of course ....if it is below , the bus driver is more interested to look at the other "woman "...

distracted bus driver.jpeg

Last edited: