• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

woman run over by bus in ponggol

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CFA7f7SUMAAcA7W.jpg
CFA7f7OUgAAg-_p.jpg
CFA7f7TUsAAI9Fl.jpg

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...ver-bus-outside-punggol-bus-interchange-20150

zookeeper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crossing at T-junction is the most fxxking dangerous thing to do in Singapore.
Vehicles, coming out from side road and turning right into main road, always try to beat the pedestrians.
I myself have seen one accident and quite many near-misses (and had personally experienced 3 near-misses so far). :mad:

Wtf is the authority doing? :oIo:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Crossing at T-junction is the most fxxking dangerous thing to do in Singapore.
Vehicles, coming out from side road and turning right into main road, always try to beat the pedestrians.
I myself have seen one accident and quite many near-misses (and had personally experienced 3 near-misses so far). :mad:

Wtf is the authority doing? :oIo:

don't always blame the drivers, as a driver and pedestrian, I see ppl dashing across either on foot or worse on bicycle from the far end despite the green man flashing with less than 5 seconds left.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't always blame the drivers, as a driver and pedestrian, I see ppl dashing across either on foot or worse on bicycle from the far end despite the green man flashing with less than 5 seconds left.

might not be drivers fault. nowadays alot of idiots walk with ear phones plug in and deaf to car hornings or text while walking or looking at phone movies while crossing. even when you horn at them these idiots give you a dirty look as if they have right of way. they are so stupid that they do not understand that a bus weighs a few tons and cannot just stop immediately even when jam brake. worst are the dump trocks driven by ah tiongs and ah nehs. these are real bastards drivers. seen alot on CTE and PIE speeding. who is the bastard ministar who took away the motorcycles TP saying there is no need for them?

zookeeper

Alfrescian
Loyal

The accident and near-misses that I've seen and experienced so far, all happened when both the vehicle light and pedestrian light turned green at the same time, and right-turning vehicles sped through the pedestrians' path because there were no opposite incoming vehicles to take note.

It is probably the same for punggol accident.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The accident and near-misses that I've seen and experienced so far, all happened when both the vehicle light and pedestrian light turned green at the same time, and right-turning vehicles sped through the pedestrians' path because there were no opposite incoming vehicles to take note.

It is probably the same for punggol accident.

Our pedestrian crossings at the traffic lights junctions are the most dangerous, I do not understand, why they allow the lights to change green for the vehicles to turn, as well as pedestrian to cross??. You get, impatient motorists, & impatient pedestrians & dumb stupid pedestrians, who are on their mobile phones & people on bicycles....there is an accident, waiting to happen, in all our pedestrian crossings at traffic light junction.

This is number one...world class traffic system...:mad:

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Driver must be speeding.

I always have enough time to stop when someone is crossing in front of me.

Some assholes speedup when others are crossing the roads.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Driver must be speeding.

I always have enough time to stop when someone is crossing in front of me.

Some assholes speedup when others are crossing the roads.

Bus is high up, cannot see if someone crosses right in front of you.

zookeeper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our pedestrian crossings at the traffic lights junctions are the most dangerous, I do not understand, why they allow the lights to change green for the vehicles to turn, as well as pedestrian to cross??

Remember SengKang East bus accident that killed a woman on right turn?
Only difference it is X-junction but with no opposite incoming vehicle.
The driver was speeding through in front of that woman.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Crime/Story/A1Story20121124-385563.html