• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Big News Is Coming Up Later This Year!

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
THE STAR Online, 11 May 2015 -

... ... the state government was in the final process of implementing an international zone for property development only for foreigners.

“Soon, foreigners can only buy properties in the zone. We are in the midst of identifying the area and (this) will be introduced later this year,”

In your view, what are the Pros and Cons of International Zone?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

... ... the state government was in the final process of implementing an international zone for property development only for foreigners.

“Soon, foreigners can only buy properties in the zone. We are in the midst of identifying the area and (this) will be introduced later this year,”

I will believe it when you have a joint administration with foreign participation. Everything else, have to be taken with pinch of salt. Too many of flip flop policies around. You can only be bitten once.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

No problem at all. Good for foreigners too. Soon we will have JB Chinatown. Look forward to that.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Theres no need for a JB Chinatown when the Chinese got their own enclaves ( Sutera Utama which is the ultimate success ) and the Malay has their own enclave. Everywhere is Chinatown in JB.. unlike Singapore.

Even the Singaporeans have their own enclave ( Horizon Hills ) and expats ( East Ledang / part of HH / Leisure Farm / Ledang Heights )

Those Richie class is forming enclave in Puteri Harbour.

So its a no brainer which zone will be designated as "foreigner zone", which inhibit foreigners investments into local taman such as Nusa Indah, Nusa Idaman, Nusa Bestari, Bukit Indah, Nusa Duta etc thus bringing the prices of these local properties down by up tp 70% for surewhich is what the locals wanted all along ( to kick out Sporeans and S-plated cars from their taman. Some locals see S-plate cars as if see ghosts. )

On the other hand, the money that foreigners bring into Iskandar can only be spent on certain "alien-only" zones such as PH, Medini, East Ledang etc etc and it will only boost the prices to sky-high levels. Foreigners don't have any choice. You want to live in Nusajaya you have to buy these places only. It become exclusive

For example, Singapore Sentosa landed houses price increase from a few million to S$15million to S$30 million as this is the ONLY place where foreigners can buy landed. This is a classic example of how house prices can benefit from alien-only enclaves.

I will faint if the govt announce, for example, Taman Pulai Utama as a foreigner-only zone.

No problem at all. Good for foreigners too. Soon we will have JB Chinatown. Look forward to that.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Theres no need for a JB Chinatown when the Chinese got their own enclaves ( Sutera Utama which is the ultimate success ) and the Malay has their own enclave. Everywhere is Chinatown in JB.. unlike Singapore.

Even the Singaporeans have their own enclave ( Horizon Hills ) and expats ( East Ledang / part of HH / Leisure Farm / Ledang Heights )

Those Richie class is forming enclave in Puteri Harbour.

So its a no brainer which zone will be designated as "foreigner zone", which inhibit foreigners investments into local taman such as Nusa Indah, Nusa Idaman, Nusa Bestari, Bukit Indah, Nusa Duta etc thus bringing the prices of these local properties down by up tp 70% for surewhich is what the locals wanted all along ( to kick out Sporeans and S-plated cars from their taman. Some locals see S-plate cars as if see ghosts. )

On the other hand, the money that foreigners bring into Iskandar can only be spent on certain "alien-only" zones such as PH, Medini, East Ledang etc etc and it will only boost the prices to sky-high levels. Foreigners don't have any choice. You want to live in Nusajaya you have to buy these places only. It become exclusive

For example, Singapore Sentosa landed houses price increase from a few million to S$15million to S$30 million as this is the ONLY place where foreigners can buy landed. This is a classic example of how house prices can benefit from alien-only enclaves.

I will faint if the govt announce, for example, Taman Pulai Utama as a foreigner-only zone.

Sentosa Cove unit sold at a loss of $1.2m
Price gap narrows between luxury and mid-tier homes

PUBLISHED ON MAR 11, 2015 6:24 AM

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/bu...t-sold-loss-12m-20150311#sthash.UBRhpQK1.dpuf

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
"For example, Singapore Sentosa landed houses" I am referring to landed.

My condo in PH is only S$300k. Too bad I cant lose S$1.2m even if I give it to Sultan FOC.

That weak link was a bait that I knew you would bite.

Here's the landed property price index for Sentosa and take note of the mention of "The only house that has sold on Sentosa all year - a six-bedroom pad on "Treasure Island" - went for $17 million in February, having been bought for $20.2 million in June 2012." :wink:

TDSR and ABSD have been hammering these pricey properties badly. Government's policies are very powerful on property prices.

Lights off on Singapore's Sentosa Cove as luxury house prices plunge
PUBLISHED ON AUG 29, 2014 10:07 AM

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/bu...tosa-cove-luxury-house-prices-plunge-20140829

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets compare houses bought during the initial stages from developers..those who buy high and let first time owners earn huge margins and later sell at a loss I really donno what they are thinking. But S$1.2 million is a huge loss really. Dont think any houses can be sold at RM 3 million loss as 99.5% of the condos in PH are worth less than RM 3million

I am not saying PH house value will not plummet. It sure will after the saturation is met, such as in the case of Sentosa Cove, when foreigners start to pull investments out.

In terms of pricing, PH is barely 20% the price of Sentosa.

Even if PH houses plunge in price, one will not lose S$1.2million. This is the point I am trying to make.

And history has indicated that Sporeans love to visit Malaysia no matter what.

Last edited:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets compare houses bought during the initial stages from developers..those who buy high and let first time owners earn huge margins and later sell at a loss I really donno what they are thinking. But S$1.2 million is a huge loss really. Dont think any houses can be sold at RM 3 million loss as 99.5% of the condos in PH are worth less than RM 3million

I am not saying PH house value will not plummet. It sure will after the saturation is met, such as in the case of Sentosa Cove, when foreigners start to pull investments out.

Even if PH houses plunge in price, one will not lose S$1.2million. This is the point I am trying to make.

Bought my showroom GCB at leisure farm at sgd 70 psf.complete with a swimming pool. How much can the value go down in the worst case scenario when similar cost sgd 1500 in spore?

Fire3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bought my showroom GCB at leisure farm at sgd 70 psf.complete with a swimming pool. How much can the value go down in the worst case scenario when similar cost sgd 1500 in spore?

Wow! the right question should be how much less you made ! wonder when did you buy that ! The semi d that i bought in EB of PH already cost rm 870 psf!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just joking with you and trying to balance views. There are always good points and bad points that one has to think through before buying the property. JB is big enough to cater to different tastes.