• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What are nylon backpacks so expensive these days ?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Going for $149 at Planet Traveller.

It's nylon mesh, not even PVC, let alone genuine leather. I just don't understand why backpacks are getting so expensive these days.

32389303-G.jpg

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
Wah lan eh you buy hip type of course $149 lah. Giant or HDB markets also got, obiang like hell but much cheaper

Sharkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Paid to labor in China $0.05
Paid to oem/outsource co in China $2.00
Margin for mfg co $30.00
Margin for retail co $117 - out of that keep 20% for any 'discount' to customer, 30% for mall's share of revenue, 30% for mall rent etc, 20% for retailer.

So you can buy in any roadside stall in China for about $5.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Paid to labor in China $0.05
Paid to oem/outsource co in China $2.00
Margin for mfg co $30.00
Margin for retail co $117 - out of that keep 20% for any 'discount' to customer, 30% for mall's share of revenue, 30% for mall rent etc, 20% for retailer.

So you can buy in any roadside stall in China for about $5.

You are right. I'm going to try my luck in Shenzhen next month.

Meanwhile let's see what Pattaya has to offer next week.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Going for $149 at Planet Traveller.

It's nylon mesh, not even PVC, let alone genuine leather. I just don't understand why backpacks are getting so expensive these days.

32389303-G.jpg

FWIW, you can actually get this backpack at $129 at the wallet shop. Bought it 2 weeks ago at AMK Hub. Its a very urban bag and can put many stuffs.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Meanwhile let's see what Pattaya has to offer next week.

When I had to bring back a lot of stuff from Bkk, I bought a bag from MBK. It was a " The Northern Face" brand. It could have been genuine because there are many Northern Face outets in Bkk & maybe the factory made illegal extras on the side:confused:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I had to bring back a lot of stuff from Bkk, I bought a bag from MBK. It was a " The Northern Face" brand. It could have been genuine because there are many Northern Face outets in Bkk & maybe the factory made illegal extras on the side:confused:
Sorry to burst your bubble bro....confirm fake one

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Correct me if I am wrong. I believe you need to meet a minimum purchase of S$400. No ?

I will be more than happy to purchase from Amazon if it's not the case.

aiyah............so many online stores selling branded backpacks, sure can find cheap and good deals