• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What are nylon backpacks so expensive these days ?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
FWIW, you can actually get this backpack at $129 at the wallet shop. Bought it 2 weeks ago at AMK Hub. Its a very urban bag and can put many stuffs.

Hey, thanks for the tip-off.

I will go to the outlet at Tampines Mall to have a look. At $129, it's about the same price as what Amazon is selling online, i.e. US$85. And speaking of Amazon, free delivery only for items above US$125.

Then again, it's nylon. It's still expensive. Targus used to produce the most expensive bags for laptops, then other brands started sprouting.

Victorinox branded ? I thought they used to produce (and still do) Swiss Army knives. They started marketing themselves as "Swiss Army", and only when they decided to join the luxury watches market that they introduced the name Victorinox. Anyway, their watches are nowhere near "luxury".

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Going for $149 at Planet Traveller.

It's nylon mesh, not even PVC, let alone genuine leather. I just don't understand why backpacks are getting so expensive these days.

32389303-G.jpg

Those in your peekture are selling for RM 160 at JSL City, JB. SGD 1 = 2.63 RM.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bough a cordura fabric over-sized sports-bag in the early 90s for $19.90 at Isetan that lasted me a good decade or more, seeing me thru my 13-year jobolan Leeservist cycle until the zipper gave way..

Can't even find one like that these days.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bough a cordura fabric over-sized sports-bag in the early 90s for $19.90 at Isetan that lasted me a good decade or more, seeing me thru my 13-year jobolan Leeservist cycle until the zipper gave way..

Can't even find one like that these days.

Precisely, only $19.90.