• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Grace Fu: Reporter omitted parts of my conversation

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: TR EMERITUS

Grace Fu: Reporter omitted parts of my conversation

xiao_0652.jpg

I spoke to some journalists recently and was asked for my views on Amos Yee’s case.

This was what I said:

“The video that Amos Yee created crossed the red line on religion. I think Amos Yee is not doing himself or his family any favours by challenging the conditions of the bail. From my own understanding and also from what I read on the internet, not everyone is on his side. Many would question his motivation. Also, how do you deal with a 16-year-old that is not able to comply with rules in the society. It’s kind of a parents’ nightmare I think. I have a lot of sympathy and empathise with the parents. The parents tried as much as possible to get him to comply with the decision of the courts for conditions of the bail but I think that he’s just not able to follow.”​

Unfortunately, the reporter omitted some parts of my conversation in his report.

I hope that Amos will come to realise the distress that he has caused his family and try to work things out with his parents.

Grace Fu

[Source]: https://www.facebook.com/gracefu.hy

Editor’s note: This was what AP reported [Link]:

Grace Fu, Singapore’s second minister for foreign affairs, said she wasn’t concerned about the international response to the image of a teen shackled for speaking his mind online. “It’s not just any YouTube video. It crosses the red line on religion. But I think that Amos Yee is not doing himself or his family any favors,” she said. “How do you deal with a 16-year-old that is not able to comply with rules of society? It’s kind of a parent’s nightmare.”​

You decide if her latest clarification is the same or different from what she has told AP earlier.

End of Article​

11259167_967011649998489_7218537015562010302_n.jpg

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP press reporters have been trained to report verbatim ...so this taxpayer-funded fool thinks that foreign press does likewise.

Foreign reporters know how to interprete, synthesize and analyze. That's too much for the fool to understand.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP scums always like to say they have been 'misquoted' or have their words 'taken out of context', after the media has revealed their idiocy and/or contempt for the common man, and they need to do a quick PR damage control. :rolleyes:

In 2014:

1530421_582038951881137_415553797_n.jpg

There are more examples but you get the idea.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Unfortunately, the reporter omitted some parts of my conversation in his report.

I hope that Amos will come to realise the distress that he has caused his family and try to work things out with his parents.

This crass minister of a woman actually expect a good newspaper to reproduce verbatim the vomit that that is coming out of her mouth?
Like, in the brothel press? What a clown!

Who is she to give motherly advice of this nature when she, paid by the millions, is herself unable to look after herself, let alone of the country's
interest.

Is she not aware that the PAP thrives on being pat on the head by foreigners/foreign press, quoting them whenever compliments are made?

Or that when the comments are negative, counters with arguments like SG is different, that the (negative) reports did not understand the country.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
That Amos is a difficult youngster aside, I think the bail terms about ban from posting on internet was excessive in so far as it exceeded the particulars of the case : I.e. he offended Christians, he posted and obscene carriture of LKY and Lady Margret Thatcher having sex.

Terms of the bail should thus have only banned Amos from commenting about the case at hand: both not to aggravate the charges he faced as well as not to prejudice the judicial process by attempting to sway public opinion: the raising of funds for legal defense, without excessively publicising the case should be allowed: I feel.

Banning ALL internet posts is like using a hammer to kill an ant: I.e. an excessive use of force. A condition of the bail could be a withdrawal (if not apology) for the offending images/ video from public view. Banning one from posting on internet is like Islamic hudud law of cutting off the hand of a thief: even so, I do not believe that Islamic fundamentalists use such a law frivolously.

Banning all internet posts is like banning a person involved in shoplifting from visiting ANY shop or limiting such a person to internet transactions only (lesser chance of repeat shoplifting due to internet firewall etc): obviously an overkill based upon the decision of the said judge.

In any case, given Amos daily reporting order at bedok police station according to original $20,000 bail condition, damage would have been limited since only 24hrs would have lapsed before his bail could have been suspended at anytime between his compulsory reporting times. That no internet posting bans were included in his post conviction bail ($10,000) conditions is testament to the fact that the pre-trial bail conditions wrt internet posting ban were excessive and high handed....

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
That Amos is a difficult youngster aside, I think the bail terms about ban from posting on internet was excessive in so far as it exceeded the particulars of the case : I.e. he offended Christians, he posted and obscene carriture of LKY and Lady Margret Thatcher having sex.

Terms of the bail should thus have only banned Amos from commenting about the case at hand: both not to aggravate the charges he faced as well as not to prejudice the judicial process by attempting to sway public opinion: the raising of funds for legal defense, without excessively publicising the case should be allowed: I feel.

Banning ALL internet posts is like using a hammer to kill an ant: I.e. an excessive use of force. A condition of the bail could be a withdrawal (if not apology) for the offending images/ video from public view. Banning one from posting on internet is like Islamic hudud law of cutting off the hand of a thief: even so, I do not believe that Islamic fundamentalists use such a law frivolously.

Banning all internet posts is like banning a person involved in shoplifting from visiting ANY shop or limiting such a person to internet transactions only (lesser chance of repeat shoplifting due to internet firewall etc): obviously an overkill based upon the decision of the said judge.

In any case, given Amos daily reporting order at bedok police station according to original $20,000 bail condition, damage would have been limited since only 24hrs would have lapsed before his bail could have been suspended at anytime between his compulsory reporting times. That no internet posting bans were included in his post conviction bail ($10,000) conditions is testament to the fact that the pre-trial bail conditions wrt internet posting ban were excessive and high handed....

Posting a ban on internet is to close the loop hole. Roy has been using internet to crowd fund his fight with LHL. So MIW has to close the loop hole before it gets out of hand. It is not using hammer to kill an ant. It is to prevent using ordinary people from using this case to fight with MIW. Election is coming.

MIW does not want to see the case whereby it is government VS the People. It's bad for them.

Case of Grace Foll being misquoted. Well, media is theirs, Papers is their and radio is their. All belongs to them. I don't know how the hell she got misunderstood. It is clear from my stand point of view, Grace Foo is out of touch. It all cold logic without any love. They are incapable of love and empathy. How can you utter such word when you comment that "AMOS" is a nightmare for parents ? I mean we are a country and people are very capable of feeling and emotion. You are not running a cold hard company whereby logic and cold sentiment is second to none.

Dr Chee may be a bankrupt or liar. But he is certainly much more in touch and refine when dealing with people and feeling. There is such a stark differences between them.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This DISgraceful MP just needs to answer one simple question: did she or did she not say that Amos is every parent's nightmare?
Yes or No?
The issue of whether her comments were reported in full or not, is totally irrelevant.
This typical attempt at trying to weasel herself out of a self-created hole just double confirms that she is a clown, to start with.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This DISgraceful MP just needs to answer one simple question: did she or did she not say that Amos is every parent's nightmare?
Yes or No?
The issue of whether her comments were reported in full or not, is totally irrelevant.
This typical attempt at trying to weasel herself out of a self-created hole just double confirms that she is a clown, to start with.
Our reporters must be damn FOOking lousy.
so many MPs and ministers misquoted?

not first time grace fu 'misquoted'
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/minister’s-comments-on-pay-cuts-spark-public-debate.html

tanjong-pagar-mp-dr-chia
http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/e...a-says-he-misquoted-social-media-4534608.html

MP Lim Biow Chuan (Marine Parade)
http://www.thestar.com.my/story/?file=/2010/3/13/focus/5846684&sec=focus

MP Intan
http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?190191-ST-has-a-habit-of-misquoting-the-powerful