• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The horrid mindset of neutrality in Singapore By Amos yes

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think a few months since I had written this, my writing has significantly improved since then. But in terms of content, it’s still as biting and scathing as ever, and raises a very important on the issue of how Singaporeans make decisions, So still worth a post and my fellow fans to read. Take note, the paragraphs is less indicative of the split of the ideas, but more indicative of the jump cut I would make between each paragraph, if I’d made this video

So without further ado, whether you came from Facebook, Tumblr or are one of my subscribers on Youtube, enjoy the ride!

The horrid mindset of neutrality in Singapore

The bane of our country’s existence, the reason why we lean towards the conservative side instead of the progressive even when we say we advocate innovation and modern science, and the reason why even when majority of our country knows that something is wrong, and yet is unable to make an impact and cause the Government to change unfair laws, is the horrible, disgusting, unabashedly inane mindset of neutrality.

Roosevelt imposed the neutrality act when Germany was engaging in World War 2 and you know what happened?The united states got bombed in pearl harbor. And even worst, a Micheal Bay movie was made because of it.

So what do I mean by having a neutral mindset? It means, and I’m sure it’s very familiar to everyone in Singapore. It’s when a controversial topic arises, let’s say homosexuality. And there’s a side that completely advocates homosexual rights and there’s another side that condemns homosexuality because of their stupid religious beliefs, but you don’t take any side you say oh it’s completely worthless arguing, I can’t do anything about it anyways so the best way is to be neutral.

Or, even worst, you are actually leaning towards a side and actually understand the true plight of homosexuals and how they’re oppressed by a law, but you don’t say out or advocate your views because you don’t want people to think that you’re taking any sides.

Not what I say to that… is a resounding fuck you.People like you are in fact in my opinion, worst than any religious fundamentalist, because unlike them you understand and possess knowledge that can help and benefit millions of people, but because you take this position of neutrality, you don’t. It is selfish, it’s a waste of potential, and it’s completely reprehensible.

What I hate also is that there is also this air of arrogance of people that adopt being neutral. They go around,thinking that they discovered something new and thinking that they possess a mindset that is best for everyone.

They think that if everyone were like them, the world would be peaceful and everyone would be able to lead a much happier life, when it really isn’t true.

You hold the stance and advocate neutrality so strongly that my god, if you actually took a side, you would really help that side out.

Being neutral, contrary to popular believe, really doesn’t mean you’re open-minded or accepting of other people. In fact, it’s the complete opposite.

It causes people to be close-minded, because since they do not advocate ideas and don’t take sides, they don’t see the importance of new and inventive ideas.

So whenever they are presented with a new idea that is important, they’ll treat it with nonchalance and be reluctant to try to understand it, because it really isn’t important to them.

However,they will take that they’re open-minded,because they do not oppose other people’s views , they are the complete opposite of that.

Open-mindedness is not based on being neutral, it’s voraciously looking through as many opposing arguments as possible, and then formulating your own and fighting for it.

If you actually had a very clear understanding of both sides, then you would not be neutral, you would take sides, because one of those sides will be inherently wrong to you and you would fight for it.

The reason why we’re neutral is because we’re conditioned to be like that ever since we were young.

Whenever you contradict a person of authority, a teacher, a parent or simply someone older than you, they immediately deem it as rude, they scold you, beat you and disapprove of you, so much so that not only do you too advocate their view, but you start being neutral whenever you oppose something, instead of condemning it. You’re made to be puppets to people of authority, to follow them without question

So I ask,what happens, when they’re wrong? What if these people of authority advocate something so inane,so blasphemous, so inherently wrong and so obvious to you, that it is absolutely reprehensible. But you can’t and won’t do anything about it because you’re neutral.

That’s what causes unhappiness in our country, they disapprove of something, they’re so angry about something, but they don’t do anything about it because they were conditioned to, they don’t find an avenue to express that emotion, they hold it to themselves and become gradually more angry and more depressed as the years go by.

Everyone in their lives is capable, and will have a fault, it happens to every individual despite how intelligent or wise they are, even me.

So if you put complete faith in a person of authority and then they advocate something wrong ,which they will, you are fucked!

Believe me I was raised in such an environment where forming unique opinions were frowned upon, even if they didn’t admit it, but the difference between you and me is that I didn’t conform to that kind of culture, I rebelled against it.

Stop being neutral. You should take sides, see what someone say about a controversial subject and then see what the opposition of that side says about it, then through logic, reasoning and discourse, formulate your own opinions and ideas, and then fight for the side you choose.

There is a distinction between art where subjectivity can be used and respected because your liking of a piece of work is based on your personal attributes and experiences.

Like technically, 2001 a space odyssey is the greatest movie of all time but if you respond more to themes of love and forgiveness, than you can say you prefer movies like Paul Thomas Anderson’s Magnolia, and proclaim that that is the greatest movie of all time, and there wouldn’t be a problem at all.

But for social issues, we have modern science and empirical evidence to make a consensus and deem an opinion as right or wrong.

You can’t use the subjectivity of art to dictate your decisions on such social issues where the solution is so embedded in logical reasoning. Because if you do you’re not only using a method that won’t work but you lose your ability to distinct between what is factually correct and what is completely inane.

In terms of the acceptance of homosexuality, it’s so inherently obvious that the people who condemn homosexuality are vile and avaricious people, following archaic laws and scriptures that have absolutely no basis in modern science.

You can be like, oh I sympathise with the homosexuals and their plight but oh, I am able to understand what the side that opposes is coming from, so obviously the best route to take is just to be neutral and not say anything. Do you not see how much of an asshole you are if you do that?

You’re not doing anything about such an inherent injustice, and continuing to let these homosexuals suffer for a longer time. How the hell do you not feel guilty for being such an asshole?

In terms of whether or not the world should or should not have religion, I say fuck religion and have become, an atheist. Not only is religion seeing a decline because of modern science and an understanding of the horrible rules they advocate, but to respect a supposed merciful God who summoned a bear to kill 40 children after they laughed at a bald priest?

I know, billions of people around the world treasure their supposedly merciful God and advocate their teachings. So what? I do not give a flying fuck how much it means to you, because if you believe something that is so stupid, that is so illogical and inane and not only that, is a cult that is making it harder for homosexuals to attain their rights, then I don’t give a flying fuck how much it means to you, or how long you’ve been with it.

Now,how am I so sure of myself, how do I in the risk of being condemned by millions of people, still advocate these views. It’s just one aspect, and it’s an aspect that when possessed, is the closest thing to any supernatural powers, that is in my opinion can be the solution to all problems in humanity, logic.

Homosexuals, it’s proven scientifically that they were born with their sexual orientation and the preconceptions of society that generalize homosexuals as sexually desperate individuals is absolutely ridiculous, they should have their motherfucking rights in bed.

Religion, there is absolutely no substantial evidence in our world of modern science that points to an existence of a God. The bible which says that God existed was written in the biasness of the time, where primitive sand monkeys did not have inductive reasoning or modern science, and could conjure up the inane idea of a deity and make everyone believe that there was a God that was all knowing and powerful.

But you see if there was actually a God that is divine and all-knowing, the word of God wouldn’t say that the earth was fucking flat.

The reason why Christianity has survived this long is because there were people who were very successful at spreading it. St Paul, St Augustine, Constantine The Great, whom at a time which was devoid of modern science, they were very successful at proliferating these stupid ideas, doesn’t mean they’re right, and they’re definitely wrong right now.

I mean my god, and me saying my god is simply an exclamation and doesn’t mean innately I believe and validate the existence of God just like how when I say fuck you I don’t mean I want to engage in a passionate sexual endeavor with you. We have discovered the Big Bang and split the atom, and we still believe in talking snakes and a sky wizard?

Neutral people do not know, that there is something that is far beyond any humans, or country or political atmosphere that can be received without any money or resources that is far better than any of the aforementioned objects, and that is an idea.

An idea is more important than any weapons, object or person in human history. An idea, will survive centuries, survive political and economic turmoil So if you have an idea, and you have logical evidence to support that idea, then you should hold on to it, and advocate it completely, and condemn anyone else who has a view that is antithetical to yours, that is completely inane.

It really does have a detrimental social impact if one doesn’t value the importance of advocating ideas.

Take for instance the Hollywood industry of today, big studios favor big tits and explosions over big ideas. Blockbuster unoriginal shits like transformers are earning much more money and celebrated by many more people than films with actual artistic integrity, like synecdoche new York.

Artists will therefore feel less encouraged to create work of long-lasting, potent value, in favor of entertaining the dumbest demographic in the world and create movies that will be completely forgotten in 3 months.

You have the ability to choose to not let these people fuck up your life, and fuck up other people’s lives, to stop being neutral and take sides that are right, why don’t you? Why are you so scared of that, why do you adopt this mindset and indirectly make millions of lives harsher because of it. Why are you so stupid?

So stop being neutral, and take sides, just because you take sides doesn’t mean you’re unoriginal. In fact, original ideas are borne from a clarity of thought on what side you are on. And if you don’t believe in both sides then make your own.

Let’s say in American politics there’s democrats and republicans and you hate both sides. Then be like me, fuck both sides and become progressive.

For humanity, and the world to improve, and make the lives of millions of people better, not only do we have to believe strongly in ideas that are based on logic and factual evidence. But remove that horrible neutral mindset that our country advocates, hold on to those ideas to your grave, and have the daring to advocate them and condemn anyone who opposes an opposite inane notion.

You might think it’s rude to be sarcastic and condemn someone for an opinion, but if that opinion is stupid, illogical, borne from the conditioning of society and not from science, and will hurt a significant group of people. Then it should be condemned, without any restraint, or courtesy.

As I mentioned in my previous homosexual video, never overlook the influence that can be caused by a single person. Everyone in the world, despite how much you score in a test, what job you’re in or how intelligent you are, has influence.

Just think about it, how many people you will meet in your lifetime, even when you’re a completely unpopular fuck. And how many times, that controversial issues like religion, homosexuality and feminism will be brought up. If you stop being neutral and hold sides, you will be able to engage in an argument that will influence many people.

Even if you aren’t able to convince the person that is opposing you, how about the people beside you.When people see an argument, they will naturally want to listen to it or even participate in it.

You might or might not be able to convince people immediately but you will be able to introduce and seed a thought so others will have a higher chance of contemplating about what you said, and finding and supporting the view that you advocated in the past.

I hate anybody who tries to stop an argument. They are basically opposing the one of the prime ecstacies of life. Engaging in an extremely heated discourse. is one of if not the most interesting part of life,.Think about how passionate, energetic and extremely satisfied you feel when you advocate what you believe in and condemn the inane ideas of others, without even needing to resort to violence. Believe me, that is much more exciting than any drugs, parties or sex you will ever experience in your life.

Every single person who has been influential in history, advocates not being neutral, and holding their beliefs and ideas with a strong, unmitigated passion. And they left their marks throughout history and influenced and are still influencing millions of people.So why wouldn’t you want to be equipped with the aspect that will make you, like Issac Newton, Voltaire or Rene Descartes, important in life?

We are a people of opinions, we are people of ideas, we are people of modern science ,logic and intellect, and we will be able to incorporate all those aspects into our lives and make it more exciting and happier by saying fuck you to being neutral. Repeat that after me, fuck you to being neutral.

Thank you.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We are a people of opinions, we are people of ideas, we are people of modern science ,logic and intellect, and we will be able to incorporate all those aspects into our lives and make it more exciting and happier by saying fuck you to being neutral. Repeat that after me, fuck you to being neutral.

“The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

― Dante Alighieri

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

This City is what it is because our citizens are what they are.

Justice in the life and conduct of the State is possible only as first it resides in the hearts and souls of the citizens.

Plato said all of the above.

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
dont think he write one lah, limpeh engrand powder kau kau poon bo chai leow siar until so chim..think he cut copy fm net :biggrin:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<< snip >> Deleted << snip >>

Thank you.

if-you-are-neutral-on-situations.jpg

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the penalties is you would drop off from the carriage and hurt yourself badly if you refuse to slap the main driver hard when he is off course.

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
All I can say is WOW!!!!! :cool:

Amos Yee's hyper rational approach to life is pretty much the creed of the PAP. It does not seem to be informed by any moral philiosophy at all. Just draw a straight line from A to B. Do what works in the shortest possible time. Let Science and Economics be your God. The only reason he is in the dock is because he said nasty things about the Lightning God and depicted him in a highly athletic endeavor. Find me 10 priests or pastors in good standing who will profess to being offended. Find 10 regular church-goers who will say the same (not you Lionel). The prosecutor did not even put anyone on the witness stand. At least in the PMs suit against Roy he could get a handful of people willing to testify to outrage at the attack on their hero, OK , so what if one or more worked in the firm representing him. Sixteen year old Amos is the Man.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Amos Yee's hyper rational approach to life is pretty much the creed of the PAP. It does not seem to be informed by any moral philiosophy at all. Just draw a straight line from A to B. Do what works in the shortest possible time. Let Science and Economics be your God. The only reason he is in the dock is because he said nasty things about the Lightning God and depicted him in a highly athletic endeavor. Find me 10 priests or pastors in good standing who will profess to being offended. Find 10 regular church-goers who will say the same (not you Lionel). The prosecutor did not even put anyone on the witness stand. At least in the PMs suit against Roy he could get a handful of people willing to testify to outrage at the attack on their hero, OK , so what if one or more worked in the firm representing him. Sixteen year old Amos is the Man.

Well Amos had clearly offended an aircon repairman. And several prominent barking dogs for the PAP in cyberspace. :wink: