• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Grace Fu - Amos is every parent's nightmare

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Trust et al:
May 12, 2015 at 10:44 am Trust et al(Quote)
I am appalled.

Grace Fu said: “It crosses the red line on religion. But I think that Amos Yee is not doing himself or his family any favors,” she said. “How do you deal with a 16-year-old that is not able to comply with rules of society? It’s kind of a parent’s nightmare.”

She said all this – as a MINISTER – before the verdict in kid’s case is out. It appears that she’s telling District Judge Jasvender Kaur, look, the Cabinet is of the view that this kid has transgressed the law (ie “crosses the red line” and “not able to comply with rules of society”). In other words, to me, it clearly smacks of sub judice (ie trying to influence the outcome of a pending case in Court).

And how dare she condemn Amos as a “parent’s nightmare”. I can think of many parents who would be honoured and grateful to have such a brilliant and gifted child! I can think of many truly first world countries, and competent politicians of these countries, who are trying to nourish and cultivate such talent.

Grace Fu wants our kids to be talentless, insipid and vacuous conformists who are uncreative, uncourageous and compliant. In other words, people who are only fit to be farm laborers or factory workers or old-style office workers. Not the individuals the knowledge economy requires!

So is that why we are intent on importing foreign talent? Because our leaders know that this failed educational/brainwashing system has created sterile mules who cannot cope with the way cutting edge economies have evolved? Judging by Minister Grace Fu’s remark it would seem so.

Indeed, instead of ushering us into being a Smart Nation, the PAP seems intent on dooming Singaporeans to remain “Pyongyang with Broadband”!

I am speechless.

Do you see what I am seeing, Netizens?

http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/05/12/grace-fu-amos-yee-a-parents-nightmare/

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Trust et al:
May 12, 2015 at 11:16 am Trust et al(Quote)
@Oxygen:

You said, ” GRACE FU, Or is the “rules of society”, perhaps, defined by Neo Gim Huah?
He bashed up a kid with a pre-meditated confessed intention to instil fear in him outside the door of justice processes so that he might possibly submit to his “rules of society”? ”

You have perceptively hit on something else that is troubling me about Minister Grace Fu’s astonishing utterance. Why does she speak of “rules of society”? What about “rule of law” and “Constitutionally guaranteed freedoms”?

Indeed, if leaders go on and on about “rules of society” and condemning people, it opens the door to vigilantism of the sort practised by the vicious coward Neo Gim Huah.

He has said as much that he was (to paraphrase) induced to believe that Amos’ parents had “failed” egregiously (Grace Fu and Cabinet who are YOU to make that judgment?) and so he decided to “help” by administering physical violence as a wise senior teaching this upstart the ways of the world.

Here you have typified on the one hand a thug and a bully (whose actions gave vicarious pleasure to Bertha Hansen), embedded in the “old economy” or air-con repair (there is nothing wrong per se with the “old economy” or air-con repair work – the point I am making is that there IS a new economy that has emerged!) and a budding member of the Smart Nation and New Economy, Amos Yee.

Which segment is PAP nurturing and encouraging?

Shouldn’t people like Neo Gim Huah and his poor children be encouraged to upgrade their thinking and vision of society so they can evolve instead of remaining dinosaurs manipulated by propaganda? Instead, they seem to be kept in a bestial and backward state of mind, whilst progressive talent is imported overseas! They therefore remain vicious, believe in “instilling fear” and are self-righteously intolerant!

Ultimately, this policy spells doom for Neo Gim Huah and his family – but he doesn’t realise it. Minister Grace Fu, it is your job to translate a vision of a viable future for these people but you don’t seem to be doing that.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boo hoo. Not everyone worships your ah gong, Grace Fu. None of our fathers were the press secretary of the Old Devil, nor did we receibe a cushy job from such a connection. :rolleyes:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She said all this – as a MINISTER – before the verdict in kid’s case is out. It appears that she’s telling District Judge Jasvender Kaur, look, the Cabinet is of the view that this kid has transgressed the law (ie “crosses the red line” and “not able to comply with rules of society”). In other words, to me, it clearly smacks of sub judice (ie trying to influence the outcome of a pending case in Court).

Amos' lawyers should apply to court to have this DisGRACEfool MiniSTAR charged with contempt of court. If the State Court minions don't dare to do anything, appeal to the High Court and the Court of Appeal if necessary! The gloves are off baby! Let's see them spin the meaning of "sub-judice" and make themselves the laughing stock of the Commonwealth legal world!

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Today it is becoming harder to speak out, with the inception of the Patriot Act, the government has legislated free speech to be a crime. A true patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Today it is becoming harder to speak out, with the inception of the Patriot Act, the government has legislated free speech to be a crime. A true patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

PAP is Singapore. To speak out against PAP is to be against Singapore's best interests. Singapore's prosperity and survival is tied mainly to the ability of PAP to lead well and the quality of leaders PAP can attract.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PAP is Singapore. To speak out against PAP is to be against Singapore's best interests. Singapore's prosperity and survival is tied mainly to the ability of PAP to lead well and the quality of leaders PAP can attract.

What are you talking about ? North Korean leader is also North Korea so the people can't speak bad about the leader even if it's true ? Are you really that stupid ?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP is Singapore. To speak out against PAP is to be against Singapore's best interests.

Yeah, yeah, yeah ........... the Party is Hitler and Hitler is Germany ............. and you shall all march faithfully and in high spirits to the Russian front ................ to die from bullets or starvation or freezing cold .................. or you can resist ..................

[video=youtube;n86_8cMpFYM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n86_8cMpFYM[/video]

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This John tan is making me laugh whenever I see his stupid post . It's good that pap IBs is here to show people how stupid pap supporter are .

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let me translate what Grace Fu really say:

Amos Yee is every PAP's nightmare!!!!!

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would have a nightmare too if my multi-million dollar pay packet was cut by 25%.

I would also have a nightmare too as to whether I should continue to be committed to my job if my multi-million pay packet was cut by 'that much'!

Not to mention that even with my multi-million dollar pay packet perviously, I might no longer able to continue with my pervious lifestyle unless my pay is yet again raised to be acceptable to me so as not to cause my kids also to have nightmare like Amos Yee!

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about waking up in the middle of the night attending to the cries of your babylee and realized his face Ccolour is albino.-white? Is it every parents nightmare?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it is a nightmare, it will go away the next morning when you wake up.

So, Amos' parents... whatever happened , no matter how difficult it is , know this ....it shall all pass.
3 years later, 10 years later, nobody remembers anymore... and amos will be a different person.. mature, wise and in favor with God and man.

A nightmare is an unpleasant dream that can cause a strong emotional response from the mind, typically fear or horror but also despair, anxiety and great sadness. The dream may contain situations of danger, discomfort, psychological or physical terror.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
So CSJ and Tan Jee Say is every parent's dream? Or Gopalan Nair? Or Goh Meng Seng?

If you agree, increase my points!