• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Grace Fu - Amos is every parent's nightmare

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Why Singapore ministers so stupid one. Verdict not out, they go shooting off their mouth. Political sucide

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Amos' lawyers should apply to court to have this DisGRACEfool MiniSTAR charged with contempt of court. If the State Court minions don't dare to do anything, appeal to the High Court and the Court of Appeal if necessary! The gloves are off baby! Let's see them spin the meaning of "sub-judice" and make themselves the laughing stock of the Commonwealth legal world!
when normal people make comments other cases, AG issues statement
are mps and ministers above the law? what the blardy FOOk

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP is Singapore. To speak out against PAP is to be against Singapore's best interests. Singapore's prosperity and survival is tied mainly to the ability of PAP to lead well and the quality of leaders PAP can attract.

Singapore rightfully belongs to the people, not PAP, PAP is not Singapore; that was not the way, MERDEKA was fought, it was for the people. PAP had assumed now the right to Singapore, just because they have the support of 60% of the population.

The ability to survive & be prosperous, does not fall alone on PAP, the people work hard at it too.....looking at the qualities of the people they have attracted, we are heading for the dumps. The late LKY had an exemplary team of people, who with the people, made, what Singapore is today, in 2015. He together with his team, never said that, PAP is Singapore.

Look, how conceited & proud you people are today, no wonder it needed a 16 year old, who could see through the 'fog' & tell you people off.....that's how wrong you are...

SINGAPORE belong to the people....one day, pride will have its fall...:rolleyes:

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
i refer to your post at 12 May, 10:25 PM
verdict not out??? :biggrin:
Enough said.

Why Singapore ministers so stupid one. Verdict not out, they go shooting off their mouth. Political sucide

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP white scums' actions are Singaporeans' worst nightmares.

Soon, or in future, when babies come out of the mother's womb or hole, the first word they utter must be "PAP", or they will grow up to be like "famous amos", the parents worst nightmare.

As long as you can praise the PAP from the mouth of babes...you are the best!:rolleyes:

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Grace Fu - Amos is every parent's nightmare is not the same as say "LKY is a very bad person" ?

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
So CSJ and Tan Jee Say is every parent's dream? Or Gopalan Nair? Or Goh Meng Seng?

If you agree, increase my points!

Comments by White Scums like Ms Fool counts for nothing.

A kid like Amos knows better than to grow up blindly following rules.

Our Pioneer generations did just that.

Look at them and FTs perception of Singaporeans.

Singapireans that follow rules blindly are stupid, easily controlled, thus very easy to be bullied and taken advantage of.

That includes our Ministars who are always taken to the cleaners by International investors.

Never follow the Scums in White.........NEVER!

Learn to think like Amos.

Learn to have some balls like Amos.

Only then will FTs respect you.

Vote the Scums in White out.

The future is Always in your own hands.

Learn from the Amos saga.

It is not about a 16 year old. They are very worried that every Singaporean will start thinking like Amos. They are very worried.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just too bad Amos is born here. If he is in the West, nobody would have bothered. Just another motormouth sprouting nonsense!

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Trying very hard to recall a statement from her which is not self-serving, and which makes sense.[/QUOTE

Wonder wat talent she has that commands Millions for her service to this cuntry?

Because her nightmare of a father was LKY's press secretary for decades.

She is the minister who said that the money she's being paid is not enough to compensate for her loss of privacy.

A Freudian slip = that she loves the money but not the job.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By Howard Lee

“If it had been our son, would you have bailed him out?”

As the better known disciplinarian in the family, the “behave-or-daddy-will-scold” daddy, my own mother would have been prepared to scream at me for leaving her grandson in prison.

As it was, my hypothetical choice would have been to bail him out. I have never believed that the state has any right to discipline a child, much less my own. As parents, we owe it to our children to impart on then the values we deem right, even if it means a lot of coaxing, vexing, punishment and exasperation.

What they do as adults is beyond our control, but it never stops us from being parents, as much as they would resent it.

Which is why, despite all the unnecessary attention on Amos Yee, my heart and mind invariably went to Mr and Mrs Yee. And I am sure I am not the only parent to do so.

How many parents among us would have felt the same anxiety and stress, if we were in their shoes? To have your child hauled up in court and the public eye, put in prison, called names, issued vile threats, physically assaulted… all the time embarrassed beyond words, angry for what he has done, yet loving him none the less. Would we have been as conflicted, having to choose between his well-being and how society would see us?

Yet we have a mainstream media that felt no remorse in painting them as having given up on him, allowed him to lose his faith, left him to his own devices, caved in to his liberties, filed a police report against him, left him in prison… Barely any of this is truth, and hardly any of it sufficient grounds for us to decide on what kind of parents they are.

Faced with this media circus, they are left at the mercy of society’s judgement, even as their son faces a judicial one. While we heap praise or vulgarities on Amos Yee, we clean forgot to notice them for who they are: Parents who love their child no less than anyone of us would have our own, even in ways we might not agree with.

They do not deserve this judgement, and they definitely do not deserve Second Minister for Foreign Affairs Grace Fu casting snide remarks on their parenting efforts, calling it a “nightmare”.

It is even more unjust when the basis of that judgement rests on the standards of a minority of Lee Kuan Yew worshippers, who have nothing better to do in their free time than to take offence with a potty-mouth teenage who has problems stitching together an argument to even be a threat to our good senses, much less a threat to our so-called “social fabric”.

As it is, it had been a trying few weeks for the Yees, and in the hullabaloo, we forgot that Mr and Mrs Yee are really no different from us: Parents having to face the pressures of modernity, while raising a child at the same time. Our exact experiences might be different, but the pressure is no less real.

Perhaps Ms Fu has had a very different child-raising experience, or her children are really pink-haloed angels, but I’d cast my lot with the Yees. It is a struggle, having to get back from work each day, rushing through night routines, squeezing whatever time we can spend with our children, pick up and repeat the next morning; and wondering if, at the end of the day, we have raised them right.

To think that it can be any other way is to be completely out of touch with what modern parenting is about. To make any suggestion that the Yees have failed as parents is just hubris and plying on unnecessary shame and guilt on a couple who clearly already have had their fair share of shame and guilt the past few weeks.

No, raising a child is not a dream, but it makes us no less committed to it. The best that society and snooty political leaders can do is to get off their moral high horses and stop judging the work of the parents through the actions of their children. Judging does not make it better – not that we have a right to judge, anyway.

Perhaps they could have guided their child better, perhaps they could have taught him how to be polite, perhaps they should have trained him to praise political leaders for their unkind remarks, perhaps… But who are we to say how they could have done a better job?

For the strife they have been through, Mr and Mrs Yee have my respect. They have done what they could as parents given their circumstances, for better or worse. We need to trust their primacy as Amos’ parents, and give them the space they need. They are not perfect, but neither are we, and much less the Second Minister for Foreign Affairs.

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2015/05/je-suis-mr-and-mrs-yee-grace-fu/