• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

National hero Mr Neo Gim Huah! Court have mercy on him.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man pleads guilty to slapping blogger Amos Yee, says he wanted to teach him a lesson
PUBLISHED ON MAY 11, 2015 10:20 AM
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...os-yee-sentencing-will-b#sthash.s3u9WbTo.dpuf

SINGAPORE - A self-employed man has pleaded guilty to slapping teenage blogger Amos Yee outside the State Courts last month, saying he did it to teach him a lesson.

Neo Gim Huah, 49, was charged in court on Monday. He was not represented and gave a long mitigation plea in Chinese, explaining why he did it.

Neo, who runs his own air-conditioning and electrical engineering business, said he had taken offence at portions of the video posted online by Yee which he found disrespectful to Singapore's founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew.

He closely monitored the case and intended to confront and slap Yee before his first two court appearances as he felt that the teenager's actions had portrayed Singapore in a negative light.

Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Winston Man said Neo initially restrained himself and did not confront Yee until his third court appearance on April 30 when he realised the teenager had flouted his bail conditions.

Neo also believed that it would be difficult for the criminal justice system to deal effectively with Yee because of his age.

On the afternoon of April 30, he waited at the State Courts for Yee to arrive. He knew the media was present when he slapped the blogger, and deliberately committed the offence as he wanted the assault to be publicised "so that the world at large would know that the victim was being taught a lesson''.

Neo was arrested at about 2am the next day.

Arguing for a sentence of two weeks' jail, DPP Man said Neo's offence was pre-meditated and featured a strong element of vigilantism, which undermined law enforcement mechanisms and the criminal justice system.

"Public confidence in law enforcement mechanics and the criminal justice system will also be eroded if there is a widespread perception that it is acceptable to take the law into one's own hands and resort to violence in order to address a perceived injustice,'' he said.

Neo said in his mitigation letter that Yee had been disrespectful to Singapore's founding father and insulted him, making all of Mr Lee's contributions "worthless''.

He said Yee, whom he described as a "clever child'', had let everyone down.

"What I feel is what everybody is feeling," he said.

Slapping him would instil fear in the teenager, let him know what the ways of the world are and teach him a lesson, Neo said.

He said he knew it was wrong to slap Yee but could not control himself. He will be sentenced on Monday afternoon.

If convicted, he could be jailed for up to two years and/or fined up to $5,000.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...os-yee-sentencing-will-b#sthash.s3u9WbTo.dpuf

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
National hero Mr. Neo did what many people want to but dare not do. Mr. Neo broke the law in doing so and is facing it with integrity and honor by admitting guilt.

I want to see the boy take responsibility for his actions. But like Mr. Neo, I worry that the boy may just get away with a light sentence due to his age.... hope that there will be exacting punishment for what he did.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mr Neo has shown signs of remorse. I think a verdict of stern warning and a fine of not more than $500 would be sufficient punishment for slapping Amos Yee. Even the PRC corrupt official, Li Huabo, has expressed remorse for his crime. In my opinion, both Neo and Li are better people than Amos Yee and Roy Ngerng, both whom have shown no remorse for their actions.

In an interview with Communist Party paper People's Daily after that, he [Li Huabo] said he had been "anxious and unable to sleep" since he fled the country, because he had done something against his conscience.

He also confessed to being corrupt and expressed remorse. "I'm willing to come back to be investigated, to explain my act and turn over a new leaf."
- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapo....8VUHCKJo.dpuf

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
National hero Mr. Neo did what many people want to but dare not do. Mr. Neo broke the law in doing so and is facing it with integrity and honor by admitting guilt.

I want to see the boy take responsibility for his actions. But like Mr. Neo, I worry that the boy may just get away with a light sentence due to his age.... hope that there will be exacting punishment for what he did.

This is your national hero's image:

1814286-neo.jpg

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Neo has shown signs of remorse. I think a verdict of stern warning and a fine of not more than $500 would be sufficient punishment for slapping Amos Yee. Even the PRC corrupt official, Li Huabo, has expressed remorse for his crime. In my opinion, both Neo and Li are better people than Amos Yee and Roy Ngerng, both whom have shown no remorse for their actions.

Don't worry. With Neo, he sure can "siamz" jail term.

dodge-this-neo.png

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Neo need not worry abt the fine, my business contacts and friends are happy to pay for him.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm proud of him! Uncle support you!

Although I do not condone Neo's action, I hope the incident could wake Amos up to the reality of taking responsibility for one own indiscretion. Good thing he didn't insult the Prophet Muhammad.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although I do not condone Neo's action, I hope the incident could wake Amos up to the reality of taking responsibility for one own indiscretion. Good thing he didn't insult the Prophet Muhammad.
I doubt Amos have the balls to insult Prophet Muhammad. He only dare to pick on a easy pray.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Idiot, if he is let off lightly anyone can go up to LHL to give him a tight slap?
Soon Singapore is a nation of slappers?

If no maximum sentence as act of deterrence to the crime the judiciary system is questionable kangaroo court?

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Idiot, if he is let off lightly anyone can go up to LHL to give him a tight slap?
Soon Singapore is a nation of slappers?

If no maximum sentence as act of deterrence to the crime the judiciary system is questionable kangaroo court?

Don't worry, it is not an offence to slap LHL... The bodyguard will shot to kill...:rolleyes:

Don't believe??? I dare you to try...:biggrin:

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shame on the gov to bully a 49-year-old man. He needs counseling, anger management and boxing lesson. #FreeNeoGimHuah.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shame on the gov to bully a 49-year-old man. He needs counseling, anger management and boxing lesson. #FreeNeoGimHuah.

This shows that the judiciary is independent of the government. Those who flout the law will receive the sentence of the law whether they support LKY or not.

So, for tomorrow amos' verdict, you should never doubt the court's decision.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He is enlighten he only know Jesus Christ....not some "M" thing.