• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

good bye CB Microsoft Wi_dows bit the dust = end of crap OS

Wi_dows

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://m.indiatoday.in/technology/s...-wont-get-a-windows-10.1-update/1/436278.html

Microsoft confirms Windows 10 will be its last OS
IndiaToday.in**New Delhi, Friday, May 8, 2015

According to Microsoft, we won't see a Windows 10.1 or even Windows 11 for that matter. This doesn't mean the Redmond based company won't update its operating system, just that the update won't be named as it was previously, in the transition from Windows 8.0 to Windows 8.1.***

This news was declared by Jerry Nixon, a Microsoft employee and developer evangelist, at the company's ongoing Ignite conference in Chicago. Nixon explained that the company will be pushing updates to the Windows 10 platform regularly. He stated, "Right now we're releasing Windows 10, and because Windows 10 is the last version of Windows, we're all still working on Windows 10," which clearly means that future updates will also be branded as Windows 10.

The users will get an option to choose between fast updates or bundled updates; under the fast update option users will get the update as soon as it is complete, whereas the bundled one will be slower and will occur in longer cycles. The apps will be developed in such a way that they can accommodate quick or monthly updates.

The Windows 10 update for PCs is scheduled to release in the third quarter of this year whereas the update for phones will be released later. Interested people can download the technical build through the Windows insider program.**

Also read: Top features in Windows 10

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ubuntu collaborates with University of Defence Technology of China, to cook a Kylin Ubuntu:

image-kylin.svg

image-ubuntukylin.jpg

logo-nudt-288.png

http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/ubuntu-kylin

Desktop

Overview
Features
For enterprise
For education
For government
For developers
For China

Ubuntu Kylin for China

Ubuntu Kylin is an official flavour of Ubuntu. It is a free PC operating system created for China and complies with the Chinese Government procurement regulations. It includes all the features you’ve come to expect from Ubuntu, alongside essential Chinese software and apps. The interface has been designed specifically to put Chinese users first — and with new support for touch screens and HiDPI monitors, it runs beautifully on all kinds of hardware.

Ubuntu 中国网站现已面世

Download Ubuntu Kylin ›
A global partnership

To create Ubuntu Kylin, Canonical partnered with China Software and Integrated Chip Promotions Centre (CSIP) and the National University of Defense Technology (NUDT) to produce a fully localised and customised version of Ubuntu.

The team is working together with the open-source community to adapt the core features of Ubuntu to better suit Chinese users. Along with localised versions of the Ubuntu Software Centre, Ubuntu Kylin also features some of the most commonly used Chinese applications.

Canonical
CSIP
NUDT

What’s new in 15.04?

Alongside support for the very latest hardware, Ubuntu 15.04 includes new versions of many core apps and developer technologies.

Linux 3.19 kernel
Ubuntu Kylin software centre updated to 1.3
Firefox 37, Thunderbird 31.6, Chromium 41 and LibreOffice 4.4 updates

Sogou Pinyin 1.2, youker-assistant 2.0.0 updates
Moved to systemd
Locally Integrated Menus (LIM) are enabled by default

Read the full release notes
China’s own Ubuntu

Ubuntu Kylin has been fully customised to the needs of Chinese users, with all the key apps and services you need get things done.
Sogou Input Method

Ubuntu Kylin has been designed specifically for Chinese keyboards, allowing many of your words and sentences to be completed automatically. It works with Sogou Input Method, the typing system with web search built-in, making your PC even faster and easier to use. The latest version features an expanded vocabulary and a wider range of skins, with thousands now available to choose from.
Youker Assistant

Youker is a simple yet powerful tool built to help Windows users migrate to Ubuntu as quickly and as smoothly as possible. This integrated tool aids with routine system maintenance tasks such as detecting hardware and handling interface customisation. You don’t need to worry about learning the Ubuntu way with Youker as your assistant.
Smart Scopes

Chinese users get special, localised smart scopes in the Ubuntu Kylin Dash, which make searching for online content easy and relevant. A search for images will include online results from Sogou, videos will bring up popular Youku clips, and music results come via Baidu -- all alongside results from your local collections. It’s the smarter way to find content.
Kingsoft WPS Office

The most popular office suite in China is available on Ubuntu Kylin. We’ve worked closely with Kingsoft, so you can make full use of its WPS Office package for word processing, spreadsheets and presentations.
Chinese lunar calendar

As well as the western Gregorian layout, Ubuntu Kylin’s in-built calendar includes the traditional Chinese lunar layout, so Chinese users can keep up with their day-to-day plans while also respecting national holidays.
Kingsoft Kuaipan cloud storage

As well as a great Chinese operating system, the latest version of Ubuntu Kylin gives you enough personal cloud storage for up to 2 million photos and 10 millions documents, so you can access all your important files and content over the web or on any Kuaipan-compatible device.
Unity 8 preview

Ubuntu Kylin 14.04 offers an optional preview of Unity 8, the next generation Ubuntu user interface. To download the preview, search for unity8-desktop-session-mir in the Ubuntu Software Centre.

Please note that it uses the current version of Mir, the new graphics platform being developed by the Ubuntu community. Mir only works with open-source graphics drivers at present.
Download

To download and install Ubuntu, all you need is a blank DVD or USB stick.

Download now ›
Find out more

For more information, help and downloads visit the official site.

Visit UbuntuKylin.com ›
Further reading

Ubuntu now available for pre-order on AMD-based laptops at Ebuyer.com
Package management at scale with Landscape
Ubuntu 15.04: Desktop, Phone and IoT; towards a converged future

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prove the using cheap and fake Indian IT workers destroy a good company.

Ah Neh are the best worsers.

PAP is yet to learn from Microsoft failure hiring fake Indian IT workers.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the Brit was to share their industrial revolution innovation with the Chinese in the 1800s, instead of target China for drug money to fund their innovation back home, the 2 nations will be great nations today.

Angmohs today are worried of clever Chinese and decide to open source their innovation ....

http://www.teslamotors.com/en_AU/blog/all-our-patent-are-belong-you

We believe that Tesla, other companies making electric cars, and the world would all benefit from a common, rapidly-evolving technology platform.

Technology leadership is not defined by patents, which history has repeatedly shown to be small protection indeed against a determined competitor, but rather by the ability of a company to attract and motivate the world’s most talented engineers. We believe that applying the open source philosophy to our patents will strengthen rather than diminish Tesla’s position in this regard.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This won't likely be Microshit last OS in development as there's too many apps out in the market that depends on it's shit platform for business.
They either market it using another brand name or develop another new OS from scratch to compete with Linux, Android and Mac OSX.

On the other hand, Microshit mobile phone business is the one that has been bleeding.
They depends entirely on ah neh market to sustain it's mobile phone business.

mee_siam_hum

Alfrescian
Loyal
MS have no more idea on how to exploit and manipulate the poor moron Windows users and more. There are too many strong competitive alternatives FOC. The MS bastards' dominance is long gone.

GAME OVER MS! Go eat shit and die!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm currently using Windows 7 on one of my PCs & quite happy with it. I'll be repairing my 2nd backup PC & now I'm trying to decide on what OS to install on it.

Want to get people's opinions on whether to install Win 7 or Win 8:confused:

I'll use the PCs for Torrenting, watching movies, playing old games, reading news, ... nothing serious.
For the serious things like ordering online, checking my bank accounts,... I'll be using my Mac.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm currently using Windows 7 on one of my PCs & quite happy with it. I'll be repairing my 2nd backup PC & now I'm trying to decide on what OS to install on it.

I'll use the PCs for Torrenting, watching movies, playing old games, reading news, ... nothing serious.
For the serious things like ordering online, checking my bank accounts,... I'll be using my Mac.

with ur usage...dun think chiu will hav problems with 7 or 8. Win 8 will likely to get support for couple of yrs more then 7. Moi was hoping steam os make it...then I can use either Mac or pc to do other similar tasks like urs...:biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Microsoft can no longer rely on churning out a new version of Windows or Office every few years to earn money from retail sales and licensing fees.

It is now attempting a business model that is a hybrid of Apple and Google: earn money on hardware sales (Apple), and earn money on advertising and subscriptions for web services (Google).

PC sales are also declining (not helped by the Windows 8 flop, angering hardware OEM partners), so Microsoft is desperate for more people to buy Windows tablets and phones. Not only can Microsoft earn money from hardware, it also gains a cut of revenue everytime someone purchases an app from the Microsoft App Store.

In conclusion, depending on your perspective Windows 10 will either be a success or failure. It will be a success when it comes to getting those holding on to WinXP Win Vista and Win 7/8 to upgrade. However, Windows 10 will fail to get more people to buy Windows tablets and phones... Apple and Android have already sewn up that market. Too little, too late for Microsoft.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Windows 7 users are entitled to a free upgrade to Windows 10 for one year upon Windows 10's release.

Windows 8 has nice improvements under the hood (e.g. Task Manager, File Transfer dialog box), but was let down by a poorly designed UI. Microsoft thought it would be a good idea to leverage on its desktop monopoly by forcing a touch UI on desktop PC users. It was in fact a very bad idea.