• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Easy Britain 'A'-Levels Equal Recognition to Singaore's Difficult 'A' Levels Exams!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This letter concerned me greatly as a parent, as I have children who would be pursuing the A-levels route. My son also told me that there is such thing as international O-levels, or GSCE, which is offered in the international schools based in Singapore or in UK. We compared the exam papers, and found that the Singapore O-level papers are several notches harder, while the GSCE papers are no harder than the N-level papers that the dumber local students sit for. It is also the same for A-levels.

I think I need to use my grassroots influence this time to bring this matter up to the education minister, and see how he would address this issue.

I have a friend who studied at the same secondary school as me, completed his O levels, then migrated to Britain and did his A levels there.

When we met up recently on his visit to Singapore, he told me that the British A levels were similar to Singapore's O levels, with just a few additional topics.

When I checked out British A-level papers online, I found that Singapore's A levels were certainly more difficult and required greater critical thinking.

The public should be made aware of this difference, and I agree with Mr Ng that more recognition should be given to Singapore's A levels.

I also agree with him that if Singapore's A levels are considered to be on a par with Britain's, then this may be unfair to Singapore students.

Tan Jun Wei
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/premium...ougher-britains-20150509#sthash.bPeYpsq0.dpuf

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Easy Britain 'A'-Levels Equal Recognition to Singaore's Difficult 'A' Levels Exam

Give foreign talents and degree mills a chance. Otherwise how to boost population?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Easy Britain 'A'-Levels Equal Recognition to Singaore's Difficult 'A' Levels Exam

you stupid nerd always think PAP is better. Have you ever think the other way round PAP system of government is a flop. Angmoh are the best.

FAQ:
What makes you think Singapore papers are several notches higher? Hello! Your PAP let in fake Dr degree shitskin into this country to set papers which make you think your standard are higher.

Higher or lower? Compare to what? Apple to apple or fake to real degree?

Try remove PAP and you may see the different, only if you give it a chance.

This letter concerned me greatly as a parent, as I have children who would be pursuing the A-levels route. My son also told me that there is such thing as international O-levels, or GSCE, which is offered in the international schools based in Singapore or in UK. We compared the exam papers, and found that the Singapore O-level papers are several notches harder, while the GSCE papers are no harder than the N-level papers that the dumber local students sit for. It is also the same for A-levels.

I think I need to use my grassroots influence this time to bring this matter up to the education minister, and see how he would address this issue.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

UK "o" and "A" level depends on which syllabus you follow. There is Oxford and Cambridge and university of London and Manchester which are of higher standards.
Scottish ones are lower but they do the exams at an earlier age.
The rest are for the normal kids. Therefore students choose which o Kevel syllabus they wishes to follow. The easy ones or the tough ones.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

clever man. Only PAP PA members like him think PAP are clever?

UK "o" and "A" level depends on which syllabus you follow. There is Oxford and Cambridge and university of London and Manchester which are of higher standards.
Scottish ones are lower but they do the exams at an earlier age.
The rest are for the normal kids. Therefore students choose which o Kevel syllabus they wishes to follow. The easy ones or the tough ones.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

... and found that the Singapore O-level papers are several notches harder, while the GSCE papers are no harder than the N-level papers that the dumber local students sit for. It is also the same for A-levels.

y bother? ... gahmen wants ur kids 2 wok as hawkers in sinkielan ...

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nonsense ! British A level is only equal to our Sec 3 at Toh Tuck at best !

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I did not fail. It was because we cannot afford the school fees as we are poor. Please don't look down on us poor ordinary citizens ! Just because you are rich and from the elite class, you do not have to bully us !!

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singaporeans are well schooled but dumb. Getting screwed at home and abroad. I am pretty sure you will find the US high school exams easier than ours for the same age group.
Of course Angmos do less work and get ahead faster. They are superior because they think they are. We have a massive inferiority complex and we overcompensate by making our courses tougher and crippling our students. LKY's legacy. Keep your slaves hungry and busy and they will be too weak to revolt.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dear john, it's good to know that your children are pursuing the A level path, there after NS and another 4 years of Uni. I just hope that after graduation when they are looking for a job, would not be the interviewed by the middle management of FTs that has replaced the Singaporeans PMETs. 10 years from now.....