• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Your preferred hotel in Hong Kong ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1383323753-87571109.jpg

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Business, I prefer to stay at Novotel Wanchai.

Good location

This is Orchard Road location. If it's on Ah Gong's account, I don't mind. But on my own, most of the time I will be outside, not to mention for this particular trip, sporadic forays into Shenzhen.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
surprised narong didn't flame you for being such a cheap skate. He's a damn rich fella monthly income above 10k and it doesn't matter if it's legal or not so 6 star hotel in HK for a month is no problem for him.

Nay. Narong reserves his friendly banter for numero uno.

I don't talk big. I'm indeed a budget traveller. In Singapore, I patronize Value Shop, not NTUC FairPrice.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the newly built hotels, especially those converted from existing office buildings or residential apartments, have ultra small rooms, between 11 sqm to 13 sqm. There is not even a space for you to place your 28" luggage.

I like the Ramada chain of hotels. They continue to adhere to standard hotel room size and facilities. The one near 中环 has a recently built MTR nearby, the HKU MTR。It's less than $90 on a good day, but going to Shenzhen and trying to catch the Hung Hom Line can be quite be a hassle.

63277_14030511080018555358.jpg

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This is Orchard Road location. If it's on Ah Gong's account, I don't mind. But on my own, most of the time I will be outside, not to mention for this particular trip, sporadic forays into Shenzhen.

Fuck lah, this cannot that cannot, you are like a typical sinkie guniang. U want cheap and good. hahahahhaha. I got news for you, you cannot buy a Mercedes Benz with a Hyundai budget. Why don't u just stay in Shenzhen? Lost of cheaper and nicer hotels there, and come into HKG when you have to.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck lah, this cannot that cannot, you are like a typical sinkie guniang. U want cheap and good. hahahahhaha. I got news for you, you cannot buy a Mercedes Benz with a Hyundai budget. Why don't u just stay in Shenzhen? Lost of cheaper and nicer hotels there, and come into HKG when you have to.

It boils down to budget. From a fixed budget, I will work on convenience, whether it's near MTR and accessible by Airport Express bus. The final consideration is comfort.

You know I can never afford a Benz in Singapore. With a Hyundai budget, I will go for a Toyota.

You're in a different league, maybe Barclay's Premier League. I'm S'League calibre.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't talk big. I'm indeed a budget traveller. In Singapore, I patronize Value Shop, not NTUC FairPrice.

Thank you.
I din bother to dignify that post with a reply.
And for the record I dun go around calling everyone a cheapskate.
And it's a fact 10k income monthly can't get you far in sinkieland else the vile pappies won't be asking for millions.....hell even your 'servant' mp gets a monthly allowance note its allowance machiam part time pay in excess of more than that amount.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

good hotels are mainly in the island like shangrila or conrad or JW marriott on hongkong island. all on top the hill .the view of the mountains on the opposite side is fantastic. also got walking trails. easy access to main pier for ferry to tshim shai sui. littke known secret. you can actally walk all the way down to the pier using shortcut via pacific place. the dim sum buffet at conrad is top notch. ask the concierge for the covered path shortcut via the shopping plaza pacific place. last time stayed there at the shang , heard a triad leader was killed right at its doorstep early in the morning. after that goose bumps shifted to conrad. can also try peninsula if you are keen to catch the movie stars in real life. they usually go there for tea on sat or sunday afternoons. But the tea and spread is only so so.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
good hotels are mainly in the island like shangrila or conrad or JW marriott on hongkong island. all on top the hill .the view of the mountains on the opposite side is fantastic. also got walking trails. easy access to main pier for ferry to tshim shai sui. littke known secret. you can actally walk all the way down to the pier using shortcut via pacific place. the dim sum buffet at conrad is top notch. ask the concierge for the covered path shortcut via the shopping plaza pacific place. last time stayed there at the shang , heard a triad leader was killed right at its doorstep early in the morning. after that goose bumps shifted to conrad. can also try peninsula if you are keen to catch the movie stars in real life. they usually go there for tea on sat or sunday afternoons. But the tea and spread is only so so.

This one for knowledge ok lah. In real life, it's beyond my humble means.