• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Your preferred hotel in Hong Kong ?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Shenzhen trip is coming up and I'm going stay in Hong Kong for many days.

I used to stay at Silka chain of hotels at Yau Ma Tei which is quite near the MTR and Temple Street. I believe it's owned by Dorsett Group, so the quality is good.

Where do you normally where you are in Hong Kong ? Don't forget to mention the price :biggrin:

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking for somewhere near Hung Hom MTR line so that I can travel direct line to Luohu, the gateway to Shenzhen. The MTR stations in HK can be quite daunting, lots of up and down, left and right, especially if you're carrying luggage.:confused:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I used to stay at Silka chain of hotels at Yau Ma Tei which is quite near the MTR and Temple Street. I believe it's owned by Dorsett Group, so the quality is good.

Where do you normally where you are in Hong Kong ? Don't forget to mention the price :biggrin:

stay in macau.
house of dancing water - must watch.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mei Mei Motel.

http://www.meimeimotel.com.hk/

the-signboard-of-the.jpg

[video=youtube;roP5PgtIq8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roP5PgtIq8Y[/video]

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Usually, I stay in the L'hotel chain. They have a few all over the place. And its reasonable price, newer and nice big rooms. Because I am a past customer, they always send me promo email. So, i am not sure u can get those prices if you are not on their mailing list. Their standard room has a king size bed. Nice decor.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Expedia has replaced Agoda as my favorite, especially when booked together with flights.

Zuji has hidden surcharges.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Looking for somewhere near Hung Hom MTR line so that I can travel direct line to Luohu, the gateway to Shenzhen. The MTR stations in HK can be quite daunting, lots of up and down, left and right, especially if you're carrying luggage.:confused:

U can check out the L'Hotel Elan in Kwun Tong. They operate a free shuttle bus service to the Kowloon MTR and you can catch your train to Shenzhen from there. Its not in a glitzy area, but more working class neighbourhood. Alot of makan places around there, and also a shopping centre nearby.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes I wonder if those Malaysian girls at Travel Agencies can still keep their jobs. These days everything is transacted online, from flights to hotels to package tours. You can even choose where you want to be seated on board the aircraft.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
U can check out the L'Hotel Elan in Kwun Tong. They operate a free shuttle bus service to the Kowloon MTR and you can catch your train to Shenzhen from there. Its not in a glitzy area, but more working class neighbourhood. Alot of makan places around there, and also a shopping centre nearby.

Wait...I check and update.

Wow....quite classy but a bit pricey for me at $138.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Sometimes I wonder if those Malaysian girls at Travel Agencies can still keep their jobs. These days everything is transacted online, from flights to hotels to package tours. You can even choose where you want to be seated on board the aircraft.

Now then you know?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
U never said what your budget was.

Less than S$100, hotel ambience, with enough space to put two luggage.

Found one at Silka Kowloon going for S$89. Not too bad. Still searching.

Your L'Hotel Elan quite classy, but at $138 too pricey for someone who fly Jetstar and stay at Tune hotels.

Last edited: