• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Photo: MOE gives more subsidies to foreign scholars than Singaporean citizens

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.straitstimesreview.com/2...o-foreign-scholars-than-singaporean-citizens/

[h=1]Photo: MOE gives more subsidies to foreign scholars than Singaporean citizens[/h]admin / 5 hours ago
May 5, 2015

A reader has submitted a photo of a school fee structure by an unnamed secondary school complaining about MOE giving more subsidies to foreign scholars than Singaporean citizens.
Do you think the Ministry of Education look like they are putting Singaporeans first here?

Photo submitted by reader

May 5, 2015 in Contributions.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
jobsFTns.jpg

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bloody hell 335 per month for public secondary?

Angmo countries I can send my kids to private schools!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really like Straits Times Review. Is it a pull out section of the Straits Times?

Can I subscribe and let them deliver to my place every morning? :biggrin:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimesreview.com/2...o-foreign-scholars-than-singaporean-citizens/

[h=1]Photo: MOE gives more subsidies to foreign scholars than Singaporean citizens[/h]admin / 5 hours ago
May 5, 2015

A reader has submitted a photo of a school fee structure by an unnamed secondary school complaining about MOE giving more subsidies to foreign scholars than Singaporean citizens.
Do you think the Ministry of Education look like they are putting Singaporeans first here?

Photo submitted by reader

May 5, 2015 in Contributions.

So many acronyms. I confused. But from the photo i can see MOE is putting Singapore citizens first!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Is it true Singaporeans got to pay $335 a month? Got subsidize not? I think many developed country primary and secondary education is free for citizens no?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it true Singaporeans got to pay $335 a month? Got subsidize not? I think many developed country primary and secondary education is free for citizens no?

I don't know about now, but all my classmates and I were paying the last column regardless of our country of origin. And of course I am a singaporean. :smile:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You guys clearly do not know the meaning of 'scholar'. Scholars, citizen or foreign, receive way more subsidy than the average student. Look at the table again. Sinkies pay less than foreign, non-scholar students.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In Toronto (or most probably in Canada), it is free to attend elementary and high schools (from JK to Grade 12), and the most of the schools provide the textbooks and "exercise books", regardless of public schools or Catholic Schools.

There are private schools which require $12,000 to $23,000 of tuition fees per year.

Then there is St. Michael's Choir School ("SMCS"), which used to be private then Catholic (free), and since the past decade or so, semi-private, which require the students to pay for the music programs (voice training as a choir boy, classical piano, organ, and for those who wish, violin and guitar lessons). The tuition fees is about $5,500 per year, but the choir boys (except the grade 3 and grade 4 students) have to sing at mass once a week, from mid Sep to mid-June.
SMCS is one of the premier schools in Toronto, with one class per grade from grade 3 to grade 12.

http://www.smcs.on.ca/

Last edited:

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
More bad news.......... droves of Ah Neh nurses n accountants are coming from RapistLand no doubt with fake certs n degrees
Many sgians will die from medical malpractices n companies insolvent due to bad book keeping

Going from bad to worst............... no choice but to VTO

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More bad news.......... droves of Ah Neh nurses n accountants are coming from RapistLand no doubt with fake certs n degrees
Many sgians will die from medical malpractices n companies insolvent due to bad book keeping

Cheaper, better, faster than Sinkies.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

60%: No lah!