• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ex SQ stewardess: sinkie passengers complaint a lot, angmos are the best!

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
A blog post chronicling the supposedly tough life of a Singapore Airlines stewardess has gone viral.

In her post, the woman, who only goes by the name Hilary, goes in depth about her experience serving as a cabin crew for the airline.

While Hilary has gotten some praise for her honesty, many netizens have also blasted her as they feel that the things she's complained about are all part of the job that she had signed up for.

Some even called her "spoiled" for complaining. Here are some things Hilary said about her experience.

1) The work is "labour intensive".

She said in her post:

"I cried because I dreaded going to work... the non-stop labour intensive work where you literally walk to London."

Some of her duties include heating up towels, doing a security sweep for the cabins, arranging the menu cards, and making sure the toilet has moisturiser and toilet paper.

In response, netizen Mary Ann Maes wrote on Facebook:

"There are all kinds of hardship in such jobs, not just an air crew. And yet people still survive and become more resilient. Such is life. No one said life will be served on a platter."

2) Caucasians are nicer than Singaporeans

She said:

"Ang Moh passengers tend to be more polite than Asian passengers.

"We have to be extra careful when handling Singaporeans because they always think the crew are biased to the Ang Mohs. We are really not biased. It's just that they are generally friendlier and they tend to engage in more conversation with the crew," said Hilary.

3) Training to be a cabin crew was "tiring"

Hilary said:

"Even during the three months of training, it was so tiring because we had so many lessons and also exams such as role-playing and multiple choice questions on the computer. And the passing mark was 80 per cent sometimes. (It) was literally like a secondary school, the way the trainers treated us and how we were taught about the importance of our attire."

One commenter wrote: "Any kind of job requires hard work, tenacity and discipline. She chose to play down the pros of the job and kept on bitching over everything."

4) Missing important occasions is part of the job

“In this job, you’ll miss out on birthdays, weddings, Christmas, Chinese New Years etc & it is very sad. In 2013 I spent Christmas Eve & day alone in the hotel room in New York & I felt so sh***y.”

One netizen pointed out that other employees from various industries may also miss out on important occassions.

She said:

"Well, that's what you call work. Having to wear many hats? Mothers do. Teachers do. Having to miss important dates? Teachers do miss their child first day of school so that other parents can have theirs."

5) Singaporean passengers complain the most

“It’s like in a buffet, you pay $30 but you will eat $60 worth of food. Same goes for some of the passengers that fly SIA. Not all like this though. Quite sad that some Singaporeans especially behave this way. Whenever we see Singaporeans onboard, we sigh because it means there are bound to be complaints,” wrote Hilary.

6) SIA stands for 'Sorry, I apologise'

"There's no 'explaining' yourself because in SIA culture it is deemed as defensive and argumentative. I find this ridiculous to be honest. So whatever or whoever corrects you, just say sorry & thank you."

Browse through the gallery to to see more air stewardesses related images.

Postiga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still no peekture of the 49 year old coward who slapped AY and ran off, and who is three times older than Amos Yee? :rolleyes:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still no peekture of the 49 year old coward who slapped AY and ran off, and who is three times older than Amos Yee? :rolleyes:

That old coward is minor in pap's definition, so identity has to be withheld.

Really twisted system, 16 yrs old tried as adult and 49 yrs old identity withheld like a minor.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes! Sinkies complain and complain. SIA knows this so they have a policy to discourage by making them pay more, but still they come.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is complain a Malay trait of Cina trait?

Cultural influence when living in Malay surrounded neighbours?

Allah got teach Malays to give thanks and not to complain too much?

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tend to agree with the Stewardess that Sinkie are the Kiasu, Kiasi and kia Cheng Hu type!

Take for example I've been to a condo @Simei majority are Sinkie staying there, the first thing I notice while we were having party nearby, children playing bubble were told off by the security guard,
visitor walk in the water without changing to swimming attire were told to go off from the pool!

WTF !! while I visited a condo at Sixth avenue majority are expats, children, guest and maids are
allow to swim at the pool, you are free to do anything!! u can even wore ordinary short into the pool
this is called freedom!! enjoy yourself!! The moment condo full of Sinkies here comes trouble!!
One family have 4 cars park at guest parking lot, complained on anything they dont like!!

They are spoiled bred,! I fully agree with SIA stewardess!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I tend to agree with the Stewardess that Sinkie are the Kiasu, Kiasi and kia Cheng Hu type!

Take for example I've been to a condo @Simei majority are Sinkie staying there, the first thing I notice while we were having party nearby, children playing bubble were told off by the security guard,
visitor walk in the water without changing to swimming attire were told to go off from the pool!

WTF !! while I visited a condo at Sixth avenue majority are expats, children, guest and maids are
allow to swim at the pool, you are free to do anything!! u can even wore ordinary short into the pool
this is called freedom!! enjoy yourself!! The moment condo full of Sinkies here comes trouble!!
One family have 4 cars park at guest parking lot, complained on anything they dont like!!

Sinkies are known to the expats to be cowards. They only dare to bully service staff but shy away when others are fiercer than them. Sinkies are also known to be afraid of men in military and security uniforms. Hence, security officers give little respect to sinkies and full respect to ang mor.

It is rare to read of news of sinkies standing up to expats. It is more common to expect sinkies to get beaten up or bullied by expats, and sinkies resorting to whining on TRS or some social media.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sinkie follow law to the letter.
They probably dun like to but forced to or scare to do otherwise.
So see others no follow it eats into them.....

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkies are known to the expats to be cowards. They only dare to bully service staff but shy away when others are fiercer than them. Sinkies are also known to be afraid of men in military and security uniforms. Hence, security officers give little respect to sinkies and full respect to ang mor.

It is rare to read of news of sinkies standing up to expats. It is more common to expect sinkies to get beaten up or bullied by expats, and sinkies resorting to whining on TRS or some social media.

PA should organize a course on how to beat up angmos in sinkapore. Must provide take home manual so that sinkees can use as reference. Anything from PAP, they will believe.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why sinkees should avoid flying with SQ. When the service team have such attitudes towards you, you can expect mediocre service.
Let these stewardess serve the Ah Nehs and Ah Tiongs.

LionJah

Alfrescian
Loyal
zeroo a suck him madda and get fuck by battymen weh him suck dem out seen?

Dis battybwoy a live a dutty livity weh him batty hole mek him famous like elton john.

Nuh chat nuh pree elton john nuh even recognize this battyman face but know him fram him batty hole seen?

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
from the blog post, i get a feeling that this sinkie stewardess cannot take hardship. and she is a pot calling the kettle black by complaining about fellow sinkies. :rolleyes:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
from the blog post, i get a feeling that this sinkie stewardess cannot take hardship. and she is a pot calling the kettle black by complaining about fellow sinkies. :rolleyes:

Never take hardship but can take hard cock. That's why she said ang-mohs are better.

She should have known better what she had gotten herself into in the first place. Where was her "diu" diligence ?