• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you alight from the front entrance or middle exit of a bus ?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is new to me again. That Singapore now allows passengers to alight from the front entrance. I suppose this is to ease a situation where the middle exit is blocked by passengers during peak period, and passengers at the front have seemingly no means to squeeze through the crowd.

Apparently this new system is subject to abuse, and nothing is being done to "encourage" passengers (in fact, I would say educate) to use the middle exit when the bus is not crowded. Many times delays in boarding have been caused by lazy passengers on board getting off at the front entrance instead of the middle exit, even when the bus is almost empty.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is new to me again. That Singapore now allows passengers to alight from the front entrance. I suppose this is to ease a situation where the middle exit is blocked by passengers during peak period, and passengers at the front have seemingly no means to squeeze through the crowd.

Apparently this new system is subject to abuse, and nothing is being done to "encourage" passengers (in fact, I would say educate) to use the middle exit when the bus is not crowded. Many times delays in boarding have been caused by lazy passengers on board getting off at the front entrance instead of the middle exit, even when the bus is almost empty.

I will exit from the middle if it is the only door allowed to, & exit, any two doors, when allowed. I usually sit near to the door to exit quickly or there is trouble, engine or otherwise & try as best as possible, away from the emergency door etc.

Nowadays, I usually sit all the way to the back , or to the middle near the door, for there is always a crowd in the centre part of the bus...most SINgaporeans...still have to be shouted at " lai bin wu kwee"....( there are ghosts inside?)..if I am sitting in front I exit from the front, the back, the middle door..as I had just mentioned, the centre door usually have a troop of "monkeys" blocking the way...for " lai bin wu kwee"..:rolleyes:

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will exit from the middle if it is the only door allowed to, & exit, any two doors, when allowed. I usually sit near to the door to exit quickly or there is trouble, engine or otherwise & try as best as possible, away from the emergency door etc.

Nowadays, I usually sit all the way to the back , or to the middle near the door, for there is always a crowd in the centre part of the bus...most SINgaporeans...still have to be shouted at " lai bin wu kwee"....( there are ghosts inside?)..if I am sitting in front I exit from the front, the back, the middle door..as I had just mentioned, the centre door usually have a troop of "monkeys" blocking the way...for " lai bin wu kwee"..:rolleyes:

You situation is understandable. I, too, would exit from the front if I reckon it's too much of a hassle to squeeze through to get to the middle exit.

My only gripe is with respect to situation where the bus is relatively empty with no one standing.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You situation is understandable. I, too, would exit from the front if I reckon it's too much of a hassle to squeeze through to get to the middle exit.

My only gripe is with respect to situation where the bus is relatively empty with no one standing.

For ges, it used to be that, you can only board from the front, tap your card & alight in the centre & tap your card...the reader in front read as Boarding the back, alighting...nowadays both are dual way...that is why people have the choices...can't gripe over this...I board from the front & exit from both....

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
For ges, it used to be that, you can only board from the front, tap your card & alight in the centre & tap your card...the reader in front read as Boarding the back, alighting...nowadays both are dual way...that is why people have the choices...can't gripe over this...I board from the front & exit from both....

I know it's the situation now. But if the bus is empty, should the person alighting opt for the middle exit in order not to obstruct passengers from boarding ?

It's both ways for passengers alighting, but not for those boarding. It's a matter of courtesy, and alighting from the front should only be used when necessary.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are old or handicapped, it is safer to exit from the front where the bus driver can see you. So they don't take off until you are safely out of the bus.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are old or handicapped, it is safer to exit from the front where the bus driver can see you. So they don't take off until you are safely out of the bus.

Yes, this is a good point. In fact, for those who are handicapped, the bus captain will get off his seat to personally ensure that you exit safely. This is something that I must give the bus company credit.

I can live with people who exit from the front even if the bus is relatively empty to the discomfort of passengers boarding. It's a step forward to allow passengers to exit from both front and back, but at the same time more must be done to educate them.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the problem is people entering from the middle . FTs

some do it in a crowded bus to avoid paying, the other day i was carrying groceries, and just entered the bus, behind me another 3 pr 4 pax, a big group (6 of them, some of the size that need 2 seats on the bus)
of delhi bombay type indians got on in the middle

jsut told them that the entrace is in front and this is singapore not india
i