• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Differences in thinking between rich people and poor people

Gotze

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rich people: Have a sense of pride and honour.
Poor people: Sacrifice their pride and honour for immediate gratification.

Rich people: Do not impose on others unnecessarily.
Poor people: Impose on others if they can get away with it.

Rich people: Treasure their friends unconditionally.
Poor people: Make their friendships contingent on favours done to them.

Rich people: Are always willing to consider new possibilities
Poor people: Are unwilling to consider alternatives, adopt a straight-jacket mindset

Rich people: Thrive on change, and learn to live with discomfort
Poor people: Balk at being uncomfortable or having to leave their comfort zones.

Rich people: Question assumptions, tradition and authority.
Poor people: Accept assumptions, tradition and authority without question.

Rich people: Look out for opportunities in the midst of obstacles.
Poor people: Look out for obstacles to the extent of blinding themselves to opportunity.

Gotze

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rich people: Forgive.
Poor people: Refuse to forgive.

Rich people: Look to the future.
Poor people: Dwell on the past.

Rich people: Create opportunities for themselves and for other people.
Poor people: Incur opportunity cost through poorly-thought out decisions.

Gotze

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rich people: Accept responsibility for their decisions.
Poor people: Blame others for their failures.

Rich people: Respect others, and expect respect in return.
Poor people: Derive pleasure by heaping their disdain on others, then get angry when the disdain is returned.

Rich people: Accept they have personal prejudices, but keep it close to their chest.
Poor people: Flaunt their personal prejudices as if it were profitable to do so.

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
imo, not entirely true.
both rich and poor people can be gracious, civil, what-not, etc.
but when it comes to money/ rice-bowl, every sensible adult is generally quite sensitive.
maybe the rich ones tend to be better-educated therefore more discerning.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I concur with the TS that is why rich people like the lees for example lky and lhl forgive others readily. :rolleyes: They also create opportunities for others like the aliens in Singapore for example fake degree skins

Buckethead

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's one thing that is quite common, one bicycle and a Mercedes parked outside a Singapore Pool outlet, both the rich and poor guy hoping to get more money.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When it comes to money, rich and poor people think alike...they all want more.

the difference is rich people keeps asset, poor people keeps cash.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only basic difference is rich people got money and poor people don't.

The rich have more options open to them then the poor. For example they don't need to live in the HDB areas with all the rules & regulations.

They are probably more educated with foreign degrees & have exposure to the real world. Unlike the local grads which only know what the PAP wants them to know.

Did you know that there is a "special" version of the Straits Times for overseas readers:confused: I used to read it at the international office in a Canadian university. It is "special" because there is less propaganda. The authorities know that propaganda is not effective outside Spore where there is a free press.

They can work in the famiLee business like LHL or you will find them in senior positions in larger companies which can pay better. They probably got their jobs because they have connections.

They can also leave Spore anytime because they have $$$ :smile:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rich Daddy's advice to spoiled but kind hearted brat: Nobody gives you power, real power is something you take. Maybe LKY gave that piece of Machiavellian advice to you know who, but that fella screwed it up again as usual ........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGdfPtW56fo

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't think it is a list between rich and poor people. More like a list between a human being and a sinkie.

zookeeper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rich people: Have a sense of pride and honour.
Poor people: Sacrifice their pride and honour for immediate gratification.

Rich people: Do not impose on others unnecessarily.
Poor people: Impose on others if they can get away with it.

Rich people: Treasure their friends unconditionally.
Poor people: Make their friendships contingent on favours done to them.

Apply the right context to the sentences.

Rich people: Can afford to have a sense of pride and honour.
Rich people: Can afford not to impose on others unnecessarily.
Rich people: Can afford to treasure their friends unconditionally.

The reverse is true for poor people.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rich have more options open to them then the poor. For example they don't need to live in the HDB areas with all the rules & regulations.

They are probably more educated with foreign degrees & have exposure to the real world. Unlike the local grads which only know what the PAP wants them to know.

Did you know that there is a "special" version of the Straits Times for overseas readers:confused: I used to read it at the international office in a Canadian university. It is "special" because there is less propaganda. The authorities know that propaganda is not effective outside Spore where there is a free press.

They can work in the famiLee business like LHL or you will find them in senior positions in larger companies which can pay better. They probably got their jobs because they have connections.

They can also leave Spore anytime because they have $$$ :smile:

U must be rich studying in Canada

Gotze

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apply the right context to the sentences.

Rich people: Can afford to have a sense of pride and honour.
Rich people: Can afford not to impose on others unnecessarily.
Rich people: Can afford to treasure their friends unconditionally.

The reverse is true for poor people.

Excellent observation.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rich people: system should not change , so as to make money .
Poor people: system need to be change.

rich people : high earner should pay less tax
poor people : high income earner should pay more tax.

rich people : no social benefit programs for poor
poor people : poor need assistance

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U must be rich studying in Canada

I'm not rich.

FYI I chose Alberta because they are oil rich & back then they were the cheapest province to live in because there is no provincial sales tax. The provincial gov't also gives rebated on the rent that you pay:eek: Unfortunately they terminated that rebate:(

I only paid about $1,200 per year in school fees. :smile:

Doing a 4 year program only cost me only under CAN$5,000 in tuition fees. While I was in the Uni I had various part-time jobs that paid $5 to $25 per hour. In all the years as a student I never returned to Spore.

There are of course rich Sporean students. I met this Spore girl who would return to Spore every year during the breaks. Her parents would send her to Tennis camps. There was a student from Sarawak who's parents bought him a house to stay in while he was studying. There were also gold diggers from Spore, e.g. a girl who only dated medical or business students.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
rich people who have money and power will destroy those who they do not like and perceive as a threat etc etc etc