• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone using pre-paid phone cards & what do you spend/month?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is what the counter staff at a Singtel outlet told me, that it can be done.

However before doing it make sure to double check because things can change.

Did not know about this. Can now consider to switch from Singtel postpaid account to prepaid account, after the contract expires.

Thanks for highlighting this info.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just found out that Singtel has discontinued selling prepaid cards. You now go to one of their dealers & pay them. The dealer will then top up your account.
This is troublesome for those who are staying outside of Spore.

It is useful for those who rarely use their phones as you can pay $15 for every 1.5 months.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dunno why but surfing internet on 3g is so addictive,u can even use ur smartphone as a wifi router and connect ur laptop,pc.

so much better than the fibre broadband that keeps dropping and losing connection.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dunno why but surfing internet on 3g is so addictive,u can even use ur smartphone as a wifi router and connect ur laptop,pc.

so much better than the fibre broadband that keeps dropping and losing connection.

Serious? My fibre connection kills even the fastest 4G and you don't need to worry about crap like 1G, 3G, 12G caps and unless you have unlimited data plan which is far more expensive than fibre then all that will matter to you unless you don't stay in a fixed place at all always on the move in sg

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a normal post paid handphone account with one of the telcos & I find that I don't use my handphone that often. So I am thinking of switching to a pre-paid card & save some $. Want to find out if it is worth the hassle?

Since I already have a landline for my home I want to get the cheapest type of solution for handphone ownership. Don't need data as I prefer to use my home internet connection for surfing

I notice that all the telcos charge about $25 to $30 if you have the basic post paid account.
Anyone out there using one of those pre-paid SIM cards? How much does it cost each month:confused:

eh bro you jin seng le. I ever thought of using prepaid card before but later I thought if I do it, slowly I will get more and more seng till eg today skip 1 meal, anyway later will eat also. No need bath and waste water until when I am going out :biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I checked with Singtel, no postpaid to prepaid. think this transfer option is never available for all 3 telcos.

RyuHoshi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I checked with Singtel, no postpaid to prepaid. think this transfer option is never available for all 3 telcos.

Your Lenovo A396 is now at dirt cheap price at Qoo10.... but then for SGD$48 i can get other China brand phone with slightly better specs from various sources outside Qoo10 :biggrin: