• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Back Pain: Does stretching exercise or yoga help?

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear nirvarq, actually upon reading your post, I actually went down to the east coast to rent s bicycle for 3 hours. Ride to changi airport and back, had makan at the east coast lagoon hawker center. Felt good, though still a little painful but seems to work, not sure if it is psychological, but I will continue to do it for the next couple of weeks to see if it gets better. Thanks for the great suggestion.

Don't think 1 round will help so fast lar. Could be the effect of endorphins :smile:

Yoga helps to stretch and decompress the back. Try something like Hatha yoga, where it focuses on foundation. Yoga can be adopted by all ages because you do as much as you can, not someone else's standards.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depending on nature your back problem, most are segment of bones compressing on the nerves.

One way to alleviate it is to strengthen the back muscles.

Swimming is one.

Yoga vs weight training; yoga train different type of muscles, forgot the name, but I remember its for those that involves the minor or minute movements.

Swimming helps, from one of my senior friend's testament.

Lately been getting back pain and ache. Sometimes can't even sleep as the pain is very persistent.
Have not gone to the doctor as my thoughts is they will only give pain killers and those cream to apply on.

Have read that doing stretching excercise helps to reduce the pain. Will doing yoga help too?. Will a person be too old for yoga exercise?

Forumers here got such problems? Any advice here would be appreciated.:smile:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't think 1 round will help so fast lar. Could be the effect of endorphins :smile:

Yoga helps to stretch and decompress the back. Try something like Hatha yoga, where it focuses on foundation. Yoga can be adopted by all ages because you do as much as you can, not someone else's standards.

Hahahaha. While not sure about the endorphins, it does help to minimise, though the pain is still there, albeit to a lesser degree.

Planning to go for a swim today, hopefully it does get better,

Thereafter need to plan for a regiment of exercise, that encompasses both cycling and swimming, maybe with a little bit of Yoga, if time permits and take it from there.

adultstem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you should really give stem cell nutrition a go. Don't be too worried about other stem cell therapies. It is given that stem cell treatments are working... too well in fact! So much so that warnings had to be sounded on unregistered and unapproved methods.

Stem cell nutrition is no more than taking food everyday. It is very safe. With many returns and amazing results. I have tried it and now shared with you the goodness of stem cell nutrition. You do well to also give it a try.

PM me for more info.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can also try doing continuous squats early in the morning. Try to reach 500 at one go in two weeks of gradual repetitions.:o

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can also try doing continuous squats early in the morning. Try to reach 500 at one go in two weeks of gradual repetitions.:o

I recall reading earlier that squats are bad for the knees......not sure what are the type of squats you are referring to?

adultstem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stem Cell Nutrition will get you out of trouble. See what it did for this man's shoulder, eyes, breathing and bad back...

A man in his mid 50s had lost most of the range of motion in his shoulders, and had a lot of discomfort there. He started taking Stem-Cell-Enhancer capsules and Circulation Enhancers, about eight capsules of each daily. In less than a week he experienced much greater range of motion in his shoulders.

His eyesight was also bad, and in just about a week he was able to drive downtown without his glasses on. He had trouble breathing and went to the doctor to get an MRI. He thought there might be something wrong with his heart, but the tests didn’t show that. He had sinus trouble also and was not able to breathe out of his nose.

After about two weeks his breathing had improved dramatically and he could breathe out of his nose for the first time in years. He was also constantly in severe back discomfort, and no medication could touch it. After just four days of taking the worlds first Adult Stem Cell Enhancer capsules his backache was completely gone.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hahahaha. While not sure about the endorphins, it does help to minimise, though the pain is still there, albeit to a lesser degree.

Planning to go for a swim today, hopefully it does get better,

Thereafter need to plan for a regiment of exercise, that encompasses both cycling and swimming, maybe with a little bit of Yoga, if time permits and take it from there.

Weather was good today and went for a swim. About an hour swim. Initially can feel the strain when started swimming, it's been that many months since I went for a dip. But after about about 20 minutes, it felt better. Leisurely type with freestyle. Now the pain has lessen considerably.

Will continue with this regime to strengthen the back muscle. Cycle, swimming and brisk walk/ jog.
Next target, to lose the stomach fats. Hahahaha. No need six pack though. Too old to impress Liao. Hahahaha ha.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Weather was good today and went for a swim. About an hour swim. Initially can feel the strain when started swimming, it's been that many months since I went for a dip. But after about about 20 minutes, it felt better. Leisurely type with freestyle. Now the pain has lessen considerably.

Will continue with this regime to strengthen the back muscle. Cycle, swimming and brisk walk/ jog.
Next target, to lose the stomach fats. Hahahaha. No need six pack though. Too old to impress Liao. Hahahaha ha.

Nice to know that it helps :biggrin: After lose stomach fats you will pay attention to hair liao :biggrin:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice to know that it helps :biggrin: After lose stomach fats you will pay attention to hair liao :biggrin:

Thanks hokkien. For me, hair no issue. Still has a good amount of it. Apart from the slight thinning, in terms of the follicles, no M pattern or 地中海 pattern. The barber even remarked, if don't cut hair for month, it looks like a big bush. Frankly I am glad to have this problem, as compare with my peers.

Anyway, next target, reduce stomach fats, Does doing crunching helps, tried it earlier on, but it tends to hurt the back....