• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Back Pain: Does stretching exercise or yoga help?

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lately been getting back pain and ache. Sometimes can't even sleep as the pain is very persistent.
Have not gone to the doctor as my thoughts is they will only give pain killers and those cream to apply on.

Have read that doing stretching excercise helps to reduce the pain. Will doing yoga help too?. Will a person be too old for yoga exercise?

Forumers here got such problems? Any advice here would be appreciated.:smile:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This will help you.

[video=youtube;bbty0H1nijU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbty0H1nijU[/video]

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lately been getting back pain and ache. Sometimes can't even sleep as the pain is very persistent.
Have not gone to the doctor as my thoughts is they will only give pain killers and those cream to apply on.

Have read that doing stretching excercise helps to reduce the pain. Will doing yoga help too?. Will a person be too old for yoga exercise?

Do you have the OSIM hand-held massager ? Try it out with the heater on ...

adultstem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes stretching exercises and yoga do help in strengthening the back muscles. Try also FIR products for speedy and fast relief.

You are smart to avoid pain killers and drugs. These are short term and temporary. Actually there is a more permanent way to cure back pain. PM me for more details.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Have tried it, but the pain is still there, though at a lesser extent. Thanks for the suggestion Hokkien.
In order to treat back pain you first need to know the cause. If it's sciatica there are specific stretches and core strength building exercises to alleviate the pain

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi laksaboy, thanks, will have a go at it and see if it reliefs the pain. Am looking for a more lasting solution, so far, suggestion includes stretching and yoga. I am willing to go for it if it present a lasting solution.

Was thinking if a person could be too old for yoga, Especially after 50 and a first time starter to boot.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes stretching exercises and yoga do help in strengthening the back muscles. Try also FIR products for speedy and fast relief.

You are smart to avoid pain killers and drugs. These are short term and temporary. Actually there is a more permanent way to cure back pain. PM me for more details.

What's FIR product?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Hi laksaboy, thanks, will have a go at it and see if it reliefs the pain. Am looking for a more lasting solution, so far, suggestion includes stretching and yoga. I am willing to go for it if it present a lasting solution.

Was thinking if a person could be too old for yoga, Especially after 50 and a first time starter to boot.

I give you the best advice and not a word of thanks. :rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
FIR stands for Far Infrared Ray. FIR or infrared ray energy, is one therapy used by physiotherapists and others to treat back pain, etc

Try Far Infrared Therapy as it may help provide the reliefs.

If the pain is caused by a herniated disk, infrared energy is going to do bugger all.

Herniated-Disc-300x195.jpg

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

which location ? try steriod injection.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In order to treat back pain you first need to know the cause. If it's sciatica there are specific stretches and core strength building exercises to alleviate the pain

Funny now that you mentioned it, the lower back pain, sometimes will be on the left side and at times on the right side, very seldom on both side.
While I do have a slight slip disc problem, not sure if it is the main cause it, many years back, because of this, there is numbness on the right leg that till date still does happen though not as often.

Maybe it's time to go for an x ray and body check, instead of exacerbating the problem further.
Thanks to Sam, Laksaboy, hokkien, shittypore for the suggestion...:smile: Equalisation and adultstem too....

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Funny now that you mentioned it, the lower back pain, sometimes will be on the left side and at times on the right side, very seldom on both side.
While I do have a slight slip disc problem, not sure if it is the main cause it, many years back, because of this, there is numbness on the right leg that till date still does happen though not as often.

Maybe it's time to go for an x ray and body check, instead of exacerbating the problem further.
Thanks to Sam, Laksaboy, hokkien, shittypore for the suggestion...:smile: Equalisation and adultstem too....

Don't know your condition and hence can't give proper advice. Do you have a weight problem? Or old injuries? Could also be you bed being unbalanced, for example spring based and too old? Or did you do some exercise recently and caused a lower back strain?

Can't really tell from your original post.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i have same back pain, dog say the nerve kenna kiap due to aging as bone and joints deteriorate. went for therapy, medicine, ahQ puncture etc.. all failed. Suffered many years. Can't move can't sleep properly. One small move the pain moves from the back all the way up the spine to the neck feel like can't take living anymore.......

Took up bicycle ryding - ALL OK now as muscles build up body also build up to bigger size, nerve never kena Kiap anymore. Bicycle riding is a very awesome exercise b'cos running cause the thump on the knee and joints, bicycle won't and then as you keep pedaling with the leg blood flows and cycle through body strongly. Same as swimming, these 2 are best exercises for old folks..........

Jogging is BAD for old folks.

Last edited:

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have same back pain, dog say the nerve kenna kiap due to aging as bone and joints deteriorate. went for therapy, medicine, ahQ puncture etc.. all failed. Suffered many years. Can't move can't sleep properly. One small move the pain moves from the back all the way up the spine to the neck feel like can't take living anymore.......

Took up bicycle ryding - ALL OK now as muscles build up body also build up to bigger size, nerve never kena Kiap anymore.

Try tis, lie flat in the middle of the bed facing upward. Make sure both shoulders touches the bed sheet, hands stretch out, now raise ur right leg 45% upwards slowly than cross it to the opposite side and try to touch the sheet wit ur feet, hold for few seconds and ret. do it 10 times for each leg. Try it, u will feel much better after a week, u may also lift ur legs to 60% after the first week, gd luck.