• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Spotify Music. How Many of you willing to pay USD9 per month

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear brothers and sisters,

please let me know if you are willing to pay USD9 / MONTH to listen to advert free music.

I am considering to pay this money.

am i stupid? please let me know if I am stupid to pay such money :biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
firstly what type of music?

secondly there are so many free internet radio stations out there some ad free but some not so you just find one that is ad free. so at least state what you're of music you'll be listening to on spotify.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
basically i don't like to download.
i prefer to listen it online to the albums that I like and without advertisement

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
paging paging brother johnny333
please tell me if amazon prime (USD99 per year) free music is better than sportify music?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
paging paging brother johnny333
please tell me if amazon prime (USD99 per year) free music is better than sportify music?

Don't really know since I don't use it. I got prime for the free prime shipping when I use my freight forwarder in the US.

If you want to listen to music & watch movies I believe you need to do it using VPN because those services are limited to the US only.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
which freight forwarders? vpost?

why do you need to use prime? since above USD40 U Can have free domestic delivery.

Don't really know since I don't use it. I got prime for the free prime shipping when I use my freight forwarder in the US.

If you want to listen to music & watch movies I believe you need to do it using VPN because those services are limited to the US only.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
which freight forwarders? vpost?

why do you need to use prime? since above USD40 U Can have free domestic delivery.

I'm using borderlinx & they deliver via DHL.

I joined prime 2 years ago & many things have changed since then e.g. they have increased the cost of prime to $99, now provide free shipping to Spore on orders over $125, .... As well more companies are willing to ship overseas.

I may not renew my subscription in 2016. They start to charge the annual subscription on Jan 1st so if I have until December to decide if I want to continue.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
johnny
thanks
amazon is pushing its prime account aggressively and increasing its logistics charges.
amazon has increase the free delivery minimum order.
currently it is usd125 but i believe this amount will go up very soon especially for those without paying for amazon prime

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just tried watching one of their movies. You have to install Microsoft Silverlight & I had a VPN installed.

There are some free movies while the current movies need to rented i.e $ The thing that I disliked was trying to determine which movies you had to pay for & which was free. You can accidentally buy or rent a movie:(

Haven't tried Netfix yet so can't really compare between the two of them but my understanding is that in Netflix, all the movies are free for the fixed monthly fee.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Amazon sent me an email reminder that as a Prime member I also entitled to their Prime Stations i.e. music streaming service
You need to download the software to listen to the music. I was going to try it out but in order to do so you have to provide your credit card information something like when you have an Apple iPad. Don't know why you have to do it again because when I order things from Amazon, they already have a record of my CC:confused:

Even though some of the music is free, you will of course have to pay for some of the music. This made me hesitate because I don't like the idea of giving out my CC number because there have been many cases of hacking in the US.

Another reason why I hesitated is because I already have two internet radios which allows me to listen to hundreds to thousands of radio stations from around the world. All of them are FREE & there are many stations which are also ad free.

My laptop & PC are fast machines but when it comes to listening to music, the speakers are lacking compared to my internet radios which have larger speakers. So I doubt that I will ever try any music service.