• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

hor bung kar use which one better ?

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ointment%20Mopiko.jpg

41ZhX1NggFL.jpg

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i prefer mopiko as it helps to comfort u and not making you feel more itchy.

axe oil is good to chase away mozzies.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the best. Reduces swelling and itching quickly. It is also very fragrant. No overpowering menthol smell.

Not sure if it is available in Singapore. You can get it in TCM shops in Malaysia.

339102_17_33_01.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I've been using the Ammeda Shiyoko Ointment or 止痒膏 from Japan for years and I swear by this product. It is more effective than Mopiko. There are some medical halls that sells it just ask for 日本止痒膏 they will know if not you can buy online from here. I guarantee its most effective - http://www.minshenghe.com.sg/ammeda-shiyoko-ointment-20-gm.html

I have it in Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia and carry with me everywhere I travel.

attachment.php

Attachments

• $_1.JPG
    $_1.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,733

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been using the Ammeda Shiyoko Ointment or 止痒膏 from Japan for years and I swear by this product. It is more effective than Mopiko. There are some medical halls that sells it just ask for 日本止痒膏 they will know if not you can buy online from here. I guarantee its most effective - http://www.minshenghe.com.sg/ammeda-shiyoko-ointment-20-gm.html

I have it in Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia and carry with me everywhere I travel.

attachment.php

is it the same co that make yoko yoko? this one sibeh power, rub on lampar will catch fire..song kar li buay lin chu :biggrin:

373953268_o.jpg

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Howsa about you try changing your DNA :confused:

Mosquitoes pick victims according to DNA, new study shows

Scientists conducted experiments on 37 sets of twins to explain why the disease-carrying insects aim for some people and spare others

Are you a mosquito magnet? If so, your genes may be to blame. New research shows that if mosquitoes are attracted to the scent of a particular woman, they are likely to be attracted to her twin's scent as well. On the flip side, if they are repelled by a female's odour, they're likely to find her twin repellent, too.

Scientists tested 37 sets of twins who were willing to place their hands in a Y-shaped glass tube. Groups of 20 mosquitoes were released into the tube and given 30 seconds to assess the scents inside. Then a gate opened, allowing them to fly toward hands they preferred and away from those they disliked.

After running versions of the experiment 40 times with each set of twins, they found that the overlap in mosquito preference was about twice as high for identical twins, who share virtually all their DNA, as it was for fraternal twins, who share only half.

That allowed them to calculate that 62 per cent to 83 per cent of a person's degree of mosquito attractiveness is determined by DNA, according to a study published on Wednesday in the scientific journal PLOS One.

To put that into perspective, other studies have found that genes are about 80 per cent responsible for a person's height and 50 per cent to 80 per cent responsible for a person's IQ.

Scientists knew that biology played a role in either attracting or repelling mosquitoes.

Previous studies have shown that mosquitoes are drawn to people on the basis of their odour. Bacteria that live on skin play a role in producing body odour, but skin cells probably play a role too. If so, that might be controlled by genes.

So the researchers recruited 18 pairs of identical twins and 19 pairs of fraternal twins. All of them were women - so that the gender of the volunteers wouldn't skew the trial results.

They also collected dozens of female Aedes aegypti mosquitoes, the species that spreads dengue fever. The mosquitoes were five to seven days old, and in their short lives all they had been able to eat was a glucose solution.

In some tests, the researchers compared the odour of one twin's hand against clean air. In other tests, they tested twin-versus-twin. And in others, both ends of the Y-shaped tube were pumped with clean air.

The experiment's results leave no doubt that some people are genetically programmed to be attractive to mosquitoes, and other lucky individuals have DNA that functions as a natural mosquito repellent. The researchers hope to use this to trick mosquitoes into thinking that everyone is in that second category.

"We could possibly develop a drug, a pill that you might take when you go on holiday that would cause your body to produce natural repellents and would minimise the need to actually put repellents on your skin," said senior author James Logan, medical entomologist at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

http://www.scmp.com/news/world/article/1774855/mosquitoes-pick-victims-according-dna-new-study-shows

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just came back to my Jakarta apartment and show you the actual product

Front

The back

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Went to a small shop in Clementi market today and bought this

the shop but was told it's available anywhere

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

attachment.php

Ammeda also makes excellent eye drops. Eye Mo or Optrex doesn't give the same level of satisfaction.

37.-AMMEDA-EYE-LOTION.jpg

There may be other brands of Japanese eye drops... the come in squarish, transparent plastic bottles.

Japanese eye drops are truly special... I wonder what are the special ingredients used to make them? :p

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i prefer mopiko as it helps to comfort u and not making you feel more itchy.

axe oil is good to chase away mozzies.

I know someone who uses "axe oil" like it was some Parfum, I still have that smell in memory...Mopiko is still good enough to stop topical itching...but to spray something to keep off Mozzies....have tried all sorts.... its effectiveness is short live..but these mosses are 'commando' trained....they must be wearing some kind of "natural gas mask"....they stay away & give you notice, like " I WILL BE BACK"...& they come back...

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I already fed up with all those mozzy and there's no way you can prevent them from breeding lesser.
Hence i've decided to use those "electric badminton racket" to zap them whenever I see one flying or trying to taste my blood.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I already fed up with all those mozzy and there's no way you can prevent them from breeding lesser.
Hence i've decided to use those "electric badminton racket" to zap them whenever I see one flying or trying to taste my blood.

Careful I've seen people zapping themselves