• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My republic to give away 1,000 free sim cards with unlimited data

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]MY REPUBLIC TO GIVE AWAY 1,000 FREE SIM CARDS WITH UNLIMITED DATA[/h]
Post date:
27 Apr 2015 - 9:47am

MyRepublic, the broadband provider, has announced that it will be releasing 1,000 free SIM cards to give to consumers. The SIM cards will come with unlimited 4G mobile data for a trial period starting from August.

The SIM Cards will give users UNLIMITED 4G mobile data for use on services such as WhatsApp, Viber and browsing the internet.

The trial will last for 3 months from about August but mobile data will only be available in certain outdoor areas of the Jurong Lake District as this is the limitations on MyRepublic's provisional telco license.

MyRepublic has yet to become the 4th Telco as there will be a bidding exercise for the 4th license expected to be held in 2017. Currently, MyRepublic has a provision license as it took part in a IDA HetNet trial.

Another Telco, OMG, which has partnered with SMRT also expressed interest to bid for the 4th license recently too.

To win customers over, MyRepublic had announced that they were looking to introduce unlimited Mobile Data and make big data allowances such as 10~12GB a month the norm again.

Since about September in 2012, Telcos have been cutting back their data bundles and offering about 2GB a month and offering larger data packs for a premium. MyRepublic wants to change this and bring it back to the old days.

This 3 months trial for 1,000 customers in the Jurong Lake District will be a simulation of the flat fee unlimited mobile data that they plan to roll out if they become a Telco.

The trial 4G speeds may be slightly slower than other Telcos as MyRepublic will not have access to the full range of 4G bandwidths.

Existing MyRepublic customers will be given priority and details on how to register will be made available in future by MyRepublic.

Currently, MyRepublic has 30,000 subscribers and there are only 1,000 free SIM cards available.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The SIM Cards will give users UNLIMITED 4G mobile data for use on services such as WhatsApp, Viber and browsing the internet.

Compare this to the Familee CEO of the red telco:

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/charge-content-providers-says-singtel-ceo-again

SINGTEL chief executive Chua Sock Koong has reiterated her belief that telcos should be allowed to charge major Internet content providers - like WhatsApp, Facebook and YouTube - for consumers to have faster access to their content.

Looks like the pappies (and their inbred cronies) are not fans of net neutrality. :wink:

Net neutrality (also network neutrality, Internet neutrality, or net equality) is the principle that Internet service providers and governments should treat all data on the Internet equally, not discriminating or charging differentially by user, content, site, platform, application, type of attached equipment, or mode of communication.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You dare to take their free sim card? Didn't any of you watch "Kingsman" movie? The telco also gave away free sim cards. Look what it made all the cheapskates do!

[video=youtube;08tht7SCjEQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08tht7SCjEQ[/video]

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My bad it's so long ago I fogot the actual term

Still remember when SBS had free newspapers on the buses for people to read. Passengers were supposed to leave the newspaper when they got off the bus.

They also tried installing pay phones on some of buses. :eek:

LouisVanGaal

Alfrescian
Loyal
MY REPUBLIC TO GIVE AWAY 1,000 FREE SIM CARDS WITH UNLIMITED DATA

Big deal. :rolleyes: I come back to this shit hole only a few times a year as a tourist so i use only prepaid "Sky" sim card