• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SIA Purchased A380 at Very Expensive Price

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear brothers and sisters

this shows that PAP has no market intelligence and purchased A380 at the very expensive price and now SIA regrets it very much!

TOULOUSE (FRANCE) — At the tender age of 10, the Airbus A380 is already entering a mid-life crisis.

The double-decker aircraft has failed to win a single order from any new airline customer for two years now.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the planemaker’s parent introduced the possibility of axing the A380 outright. As the mid-point of the year approaches, the plane has yet again drawn a blank on deals.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The lack of commercial success lies in part in a misuse of the A380’s basic purpose. When Airbus introduced the plane, it was touted as the ideal response to crowded skies, with airlines benefiting from scale and better economics by packing in more seats.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Instead, carriers used the vast real estate to embrace custom extravagances including bars, showers and duty-free shopping zones, turning many A380s more into exotic luxury liners rather than vehicles of mass transportation.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
with more ah nehs stopping by in sg to take over sinkies' jobs and transiting through sg to head to europe and america to assume it positions, sia needs planes that have larger capacities.

image.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I don't know the cost however being the first to order and use the aircraft in sure it was a bargain, no?

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it all depends.
some products have early bid discount or bonus.

for A380, i think SIA has to pay for more in order to have the prestige to be the number 1 air carrier that deploys a380.

however, the investment is fail because A380 is a flop

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Maybe their brains thinking for prestige one can never put a price on prestige. :confused:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hello sadshishamo
how are you.
i remember you.
several months ago you came here and with sad avatar as U wanted withdraw your cpf.
did you manage to withdraw your cpf?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A380 has safety issues, and hopefully something like this happens. :wink:

27 September 2016

airasia-transasia-crash-prediction-03.jpg

[video=youtube;UJN8Paj8I4g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJN8Paj8I4g[/video]

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
A380 very quiet though.
But in the end, its back to the old work horse of the skies,the 777-X and A330 neo that probably will dominate.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Every time i fly A380 on SQ, its always packed like shit. I don't see how they can lose money on it.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
it all depends.
some products have early bid discount or bonus.

for A380, i think SIA has to pay for more in order to have the prestige to be the number 1 air carrier that deploys a380.

however, the investment is fail because A380 is a flop

It is like buying a luxury Proton. Expensive and no second hand market! I suppose this is a fleet that will grow old with SIA. Teehee!

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Every time i fly A380 on SQ, its always packed like shit. I don't see how they can lose money on it.

SIA has over the years been making lots of money operating like a second hand car dealer. They would order large quantities of a new aircraft and when other airlines want to expand their fleet and do not want to wait, SIA will sell to them at a higher price. For A380, they ordered a lot too and I think when no one wanted it, they probably kena stuck. That's how they are losing their money because air fares alone is not profitable.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SIA has over the years been making lots of money operating like a second hand car dealer. They would order large quantities of a new aircraft and when other airlines want to expand their fleet and do not want to wait, SIA will sell to them at a higher price. For A380, they ordered a lot too and I think when no one wanted it, they probably kena stuck. That's how they are losing their money because air fares alone is not profitable.

Wow, an airline diversifying its business portfolio, just like SPH and Singtel. :wink:

Well, they can convert those planes to mobile hospitals. :biggrin: