• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

North korea escapee shares how they were taught to hate america

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://therealsingapore.com/content/north-korea-escapee-shares-how-they-were-taught-hate-america

[h=1]NORTH KOREA ESCAPEE SHARES HOW THEY WERE TAUGHT TO HATE AMERICA[/h]

Post date:
25 Apr 2015 - 5:23pm

In an interesting interview with CNN, a North Korean defector, or escapee, spoke about how North Koreans are taught from young to hate America.

Hyeonseo Lee said that in North Korea, they are told that Americans killed lots of North Koreans and that they are very evil people. They are dehumanised in the media and North Koreans are told how they should kill all Americans off.

She also shared that they all believe that their leaders are actually gods who don't even need to go to the toilet like a human.

However, for her, she started to realise that all this might not be true when she was 14 when their 'god' Kim Ill Sung died.
See the interview here:
North Korea is ranked at 179 out of 180 in terms of press freedom according to Reporters Without Borders and it is considered to be one of the most isolated countries in the world.

Clearly, this lack of exposure to the outside world and heavily controlled propaganda has made many in North Korea believe that anything American and all Americans are evil and bad.

Interestingly, while to a much smaller degree, in Singapore, we also have propaganda shaping people's minds.

Singapore's press freedom is ranked 154th out of 180 and positive stories and justifications for government policies are always printed in the Mainstream media.
One example is the way that "western freedoms" have been demonised in the mainstream press to explain and justify the tight controls that the government has on Singapore's freedoms.

There are multiple letters and opinions published in Singapore's press about the dangers of freedom such as a recent commentary by Calvin Cheng asserting that freedom in western countries equates to the freedom to be defamed, freedom to have your religion baselessly attacked and freedom to live in an uncivilised world.

Worse still another ST letter writer suggested that western freedoms is about the "freedom to be raped".

Such false links between crime and civil liberties are routinely published causing western values and freedoms to be demonised when in actual fact, there no correlation between greater freedoms to speak up against the government or hold peaceful protests and crime.

Despite this, the result of the mainstream demonizing of "western freedoms" as an entire package is that many people genuinely believe that Singapore has the best system and they are afraid to want change, thereby being silenced from voicing out.

What do you think?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/story/silent-majority-half-paradise-20150401
[h=1]Silent majority in half a paradise[/h]
Published on Apr 1, 2015 2:46 AM
17.7K 134 5 1 PRINT EMAIL

<a href="http://avn.innity.com/click/?adid=132293&cb=19274" target="_blank">& lt;img src="http://avn.innity.com/view/alt/?campaignid=11867&adid=132293&cb=19274" border="0" title="Click Here"></a>

I AM one of the "silent majority".
I have never written or blogged or Facebooked about national issues. But there's always a time for it.
I mourn the loss of our national giant, Mr Lee Kuan Yew. My heart is saddened as if I have lost someone close to me. At the same time, my heart is bursting with pride at the unprecedented show of gratitude and patriotism.

If there was one good thing that came out of Mr Lee's death, this must be it. Grieving together has enlarged our horizons and our souls.
get_news_on_the_go.jpg
get_news_on_the_go_close.jpg

Once, as I was leaving my exercise class, I remarked that it was extremely humid outside. Quick as lightning, my exercise mate from Hong Kong told me: "Don't complain, Singapore is half a paradise." She is right. And this, in no small part, is due to the work of Mr Lee, who really could not have done more in his life for this nation.

To the "noisy minority" in relentless search of freedom of speech, political freedom and all, the acid test is this: Have you given 50 per cent of your life for this country? How about 25 per cent, 10 per cent or even 5 per cent? If not, why the noise?

There are always places where such freedom can be found. But together with it, there will be freedom to be discriminated against, freedom to be raped, freedom to be mugged, freedom to be shot - complete freedom.
As for me, I am staying put, humidity and all. I am blessed and proud to be a Singaporean.

Loh Lay San (Madam)

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/premium...y-half-paradise-20150401#sthash.EHz1xslF.dpuf

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Madam Loh Lay San, was so disappointed that all the ah nehs brought in here, didn't want to rape her...she was tight from young that PxP members & ministers are gods.....they don't go to the toilets too....until the Old Fart died!... ha ha ha

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
the Evil U Ass A was and is the most wicked cunty.
during the Cold War , it constantly used the threat
of USSR to coerce other countries to agree to
various programs that had the hidden agenda
that entrenched and boosted its power.

its citizens were fed with propaganda that
ussr is a big bad wolf.

SBFTirak

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Sinkeland, all you have to do just take a closer look in your surrounding esp to "logos", you will get what I meant.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
One day, we should get some sinkies to share how they were taught to hate PAP by opposition IBs who constantly spew hate on social media, blogs and forums like SBF.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wat a joke! Lky enjoyed his life till 91 yrs old, made billions and she says, he gave up his life for Singapore. I can understand if Lky fought the Japs or got killed by terrorists when he was in his prime but he died at a ripe old age. so really wat has he given up in his life?

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vice versa. Americans also show many movies how 1 american platoon killed off 1 enemy company. Pa beh toh.:biggrin:
convey message is a differ way.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wat a joke! Lky enjoyed his life till 91 yrs old, made billions and she says, he gave up his life for Singapore. I can understand if Lky fought the Japs or got killed by terrorists when he was in his prime but he died at a ripe old age. so really wat has he given up in his life?

How can you accuse LKY making Billions, they showed you 38 Oxley Road, with the old furniture, fittings & lightings, washes his own undies & admonishes his subordinates for eating three scoops of free ice cream....he is a thrifty HAKKA...

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vice versa. Americans also show many movies how 1 american platoon killed off 1 enemy company. Pa beh toh.:biggrin:
convey message is a differ way.

salah hor, not 1 platoon take out 1 enemy company. It ONE man killing every NVA soldiers in the POW compound, rescue amercian POWs, steal a chopper and shoot down a Hind missile gunship for good measure.:rolleyes: