• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

POPULAR BOOKSHOP doesn't carry chee's popular latest book. WHY?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i looked around popular for popular chee's latest book but couldn't find any. tot it was sold out. went to the counter where a very cute mei mei meticulously checked it out in her terminal.

"sorry unvle," she looked at me apologetically. " we do not carry this book by such title?

i asked whether there was any other chee's book or ch for short. another check and she replied, " sorry NO CB." :p

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
he claimed that his income cums mostly from his books.

believable?

That would explain it if Chee was destitute. He can't be making much from his books by peddling them in front of train stations. Ah Gong governed Singapore from the Istana, Chee reduced to standing on soap boxes while most people ignore him. Serves him right for going against Ah Gong.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Let me guess, Popular Bookshop carry only popular book, no?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Popular Bookstore has the worse book selection,it caters mainly to idiots that like adam khoo's books and robert kiyosaki and other power of positive thinking and self help authors and dumb ass sinkies who go there to buy assessment books and ten year series for their kids.must be a government establishment or something,trust a government establishment to pander to its moronic population to make a quick buck.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Popular Bookstore has the worse book selection,it caters mainly to idiots that like adam khoo's books and robert kiyosaki and other power of positive thinking and self help authors and dumb ass sinkies who go there to buy assessment books and ten year series for their kids.must be a government establishment or something,trust a government establishment to pander to its moronic population to make a quick buck.

Indeed. I will never forgive Popular for making the other independent bookshops go out of business. The most recent victim was Big Bookshop at Clementi. Though it didn't look glamorous, it was HUGE and had a wide variety of books, staionery, toys and office supplies. The toy section in Popular bookstores is utterly pathetic... I couldn't even find a proper Chinese chess set. :rolleyes:

Also, if you are a frequent buyer of books, you can get them for cheaper at Book Depository. It's much cheaper than Popular's prices, all prices have been converted to SGD, and there is free worldwide shipping. Takes about 9-10 business days for the items to be delivered to your address.

Incidentally, Book Depository may have stock of some of the more 'controversial' books. Here is one of them:

http://www.bookdepository.com/Escape-from-Paradise-John-Harding/9780971092907

9780971092907.jpg

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait a minute... If u want Dr chee'book.. Go to SDP website..

i won't wanna spend a dime. his work is not worth it.

kinokuniya which chee claimed was promoting his books drew flake too.

i once asked them and the answer they gave was quite humiliating if chee were told about it. perhaps he already knew it.

the manager told me that they put his book on their shelf in a very prominent position but there wasn't any sale even within 2 weeks. hence, they removed his books and won't consider displaying any future editions.

you see, the truth of the matter is already there. chee doesn't accept the fact and still think he's "vastly" accepted. the acceptance are from those diehards who imo don't even have the heart to tell him the facts.

if pinky's wearing an emperor's clothing, so is chee.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the only place to get and red chee's books for FREE is our national library.

don't worry. his books are always there. not many borrow his books nor wanna read them.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Chee couldn't write to save his own cock. His books are badly written and most people who buy it are just doing it to post photos on their facebook accounts. I doubt they will read it. It's probably collecting dust now.