• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where to get agarwood in Singapore?

Kangtangman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recently met a Taiwanese business man in Vietnam, while having a discussion he was burning these woods and also come in powder form. He told me that the price of such wood is very expensive, and it is not easy to get.

So would anyone here able to advise where can I get reasonably priced of these woods and powder here in Singapore? Thanks in advance.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I recently met a Taiwanese business man in Vietnam, while having a discussion he was burning these woods and also come in powder form. He told me that the price of such wood is very expensive, and it is not easy to get.

So would anyone here able to advise where can I get reasonably priced of these woods and powder here in Singapore? Thanks in advance.

"Cham Heong"...wow!, have not heard of this for a very long time...these are expensive stuff, the lesser mortals cannot afford.

Black Swan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Burn Agarwood? Definitely not the real stuff or just some incense wood. Real Agarwood is more expensive than gold in weight. Make a trip to Hainan Island, they have a dedicated centre catering to Agarwood industry.

Kangtangman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Burn Agarwood? Definitely not the real stuff or just some incense wood. Real Agarwood is more expensive than gold in weight. Make a trip to Hainan Island, they have a dedicated centre catering to Agarwood industry.

Well the Taiwanese man has bought from a few places according to him. China and Vietnam are where he would buys them. The wood comes in small pieces form and powder form too. Just curious how much does it cost base on weight?

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All incenses (including fragrant wood) involving burning is unhealthy, because burning produces carcinogens. Chronic and / or frequent exposure to burning incense greatly increases your risk of cancer, in the same way as smoking cigarettes.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, heard it's expensive. 「沉香」heard there are fake one these days.

Back in the old days, not many people can afford to burn those stuff....the rich people & you smell them in some temples....they must be having very rich patrons...

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agarwood, also known as oud, oodh or agar, is a dark resinous heartwood that forms in Aquilaria and Gyrinops[1] trees (large evergreens native to southeast Asia) when they become infected with a type of mould. Prior to infection, the heartwood is relatively light and pale coloured; however, as the infection progresses, the tree produces a dark aromatic resin in response to the attack, which results in a very dense, dark, resin embedded heartwood. The resin embedded wood is commonly called gaharu, jinko, aloeswood, agarwood, or oud (not to be confused with 'Bakhoor') and is valued in many cultures for its distinctive fragrance, and thus is used for incense and perfumes.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agarwood, also known as oud, oodh or agar, is a dark resinous heartwood that forms in Aquilaria and Gyrinops[1] trees (large evergreens native to southeast Asia) when they become infected with a type of mould. Prior to infection, the heartwood is relatively light and pale coloured; however, as the infection progresses, the tree produces a dark aromatic resin in response to the attack, which results in a very dense, dark, resin embedded heartwood. The resin embedded wood is commonly called gaharu, jinko, aloeswood, agarwood, or oud (not to be confused with 'Bakhoor') and is valued in many cultures for its distinctive fragrance, and thus is used for incense and perfumes.

Uninfected Aquilaria wood lacking the dark resin.
One of the main reasons for the relative rarity and high cost of agarwood is the depletion of the wild resource.[2] Since 1995 Aquilaria malaccensis, the primary source, has been listed in Appendix II (potentially threatened species) by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora.[3] In 2004 all Aquilaria species were listed in Appendix II; however, a number of countries have outstanding reservations regarding that listing.[3]

First-grade agarwood is one of the most expensive natural raw materials in the world. A whole range of qualities and products are on the market, varying in quality with geographical location and cultural deposition. Oud oil is distilled from agarwood, it fetches high prices depending on the oil's purity. The current global market for agarwood is estimated to be in the range of US$ 6 – 8 billion and is growing rapidly.[4]

agarwood-oil.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agarwood

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The prep

[video=youtube;GaFtsK2pNi8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=SG&v=GaFtsK2pNi8&hl=en-GB[/video]

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The inducement

[video=youtube;_UEhy8un5qg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UEhy8un5qg[/video]

Safety1st

Alfrescian
Loyal

Simply google Ruby Warehouse Complex Agarwood you will see a bunch of companies in this building dealing with this wood. It's at number 8 Kaki Bukit Road 2.