• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No overseas holiday if you don't pay Medishield Life premium.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://therealsingapore.com/content/cant-pay-medishield-cant-leave-singapore

Please find reproduced below what I feel are the most "scary" answers in the Medishield Life 101 FAQs published on 22 April.

Premiums

62. Can I be jailed for not paying my premiums?

No. However, if you have outstanding premiums, you may be warned that you are not to leave Singapore until they are paid.

If you still leave or try to do so, you may be jailed up to a year, fined up to $5,000, or both.

63. What happens if I deliberately refuse to pay my premiums for months - if, for example, my Medisave account is empty and I don't top it up even though I have the money to?

It is possible that your bank or your employer may be directed to pay the outstanding premiums from your savings or your salary.

64. What kind of penalty will I get if I am late in paying my premiums?

You may have to pay up to 17 per cent of outstanding premiums and interest on late premiums.

67. What if I haven’t yet started working and have no Medisave? How am I going to pay my premiums?

You could get your family members to pay for you using their Medisave accounts. If they cannot help you, you can apply for help from the Government.

50. Can I pay for my premiums in cash, rather than using Medisave?

No, but you can top-up your Medisave account with cash.

Do these sound reasonable to you?

Why does the CPF board have such strong powers to touch your normal salary, prevent you from leaving Singapore and imposing stiff penalties on outstanding payments?

Win battles lose war

TRS Contributor

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP was able to force males from escaping from NS & now they want to do the same with medishield premiums. They are really desperate for $.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
our blood pf monies are used by PAP to prop up medical services,cater to non sinkies,this shithole is going to the dogs

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Are the questions being asked with the intention of getting free medical treatment? There's no real lunch in this world, jerkoff? Stop expecting others to fund your unhealthy lifestyle!!!

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are the questions being asked with the intention of getting free medical treatment? There's no real lunch in this world, jerkoff? Stop expecting others to fund your unhealthy lifestyle!!!

How much medical bills did Old Fatt rake while in Office, its abt time that there must be a cap to this abuse. Now that the Salaries of Civil service are cap to the private sector, they than must also follow the private sector's medical benefits.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My MD is in JB & if I need any surgical procedure I intend to go elsewhere to Thailand or Malaysia rather than have the procedure done in Spore.

I have been to our local hospitals & seen the 3rd world staff in action. Why should I be forced to pay $$$$$ for that kind of service when for the same $$ I can get better care elsewhere:confused:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Time for massive protest... If sinkie still got no bus, then sinkies have no hope.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do these sound reasonable to you?

=>>> 60%: Oh, yes!

" Every nation gets the government it deserves. " - Joseph de Maistre

Those you observe queuing up during the one week period always thought it will happen only to the next guy.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No. However, if you have outstanding premiums, you may be warned that you are not to leave Singapore until they are paid.

Wow, just like exit controls imposed on NS slaves by Mindef.

So desperate for premium money, might as well go rob a bank. :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those you observe queuing up during the one week period always thought it will happen only to the next guy.

Or they sincerely believed that Old Fart was a saint, a messiah, a selfless Founding Father.

Most people can't shake off that mental programming. You are constantly bombarded by propaganda from schools and the mainstream media. And if your parents have succumbed to it, they too will be another source of bombardment.