• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cost of Living In Singapore Going Down! Thank You PAP!! I will vote for you!!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE: The Republic experienced deflation for the fifth consecutive month in March as the consumer price index (CPI) stayed in negative territory, according to figures released by the Department of Statistics on Thursday (Apr 23).

The CPI came in at -0.3 per cent last month, similar to that of February. "While food inflation eased and accommodation cost fell more steeply, the decline in private road transport cost was more modest," the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) said in a joint press release.

Food prices inflation moderated to 2.1 per cent from 2.5 per cent in February, as a result of a slower rise in non-cooked food prices as demand eased after the Chinese New Year.

Services inflation stayed at 1.5 per cent, with the sharper increase in telecommunication services fees offset by a decline in air fares and a smaller uptick in hospitalisation charges.

Accommodation cost declined by 2.2 per cent, extending the 2.1 per cent fall in the previous month, as the housing rental market continued to soften.

Private road transport cost was 4 per cent lower, compared to the 5.8 per cent drop in February. This was following the increase in petrol duty rates.

Core inflation – which excludes changes in the price of private road transport and accommodation – came in at 1 per cent, down from 1.3 per cent in the previous month, reflecting the lower food inflation, the news release said.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-experiences/1802798.html?cid=fbsg

LOL2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
lS7cz.gif

Geminipegasus

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: The Republic experienced deflation for the fifth consecutive month in March as the consumer price index (CPI) stayed in negative territory, according to figures released by the Department of Statistics on Thursday (Apr 23).

The CPI came in at -0.3 per cent last month, similar to that of February. "While food inflation eased and accommodation cost fell more steeply, the decline in private road transport cost was more modest," the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) said in a joint press release.

Food prices inflation moderated to 2.1 per cent from 2.5 per cent in February, as a result of a slower rise in non-cooked food prices as demand eased after the Chinese New Year.

Services inflation stayed at 1.5 per cent, with the sharper increase in telecommunication services fees offset by a decline in air fares and a smaller uptick in hospitalisation charges.

Accommodation cost declined by 2.2 per cent, extending the 2.1 per cent fall in the previous month, as the housing rental market continued to soften.

Private road transport cost was 4 per cent lower, compared to the 5.8 per cent drop in February. This was following the increase in petrol duty rates.

Core inflation – which excludes changes in the price of private road transport and accommodation – came in at 1 per cent, down from 1.3 per cent in the previous month, reflecting the lower food inflation, the news release said.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-experiences/1802798.html?cid=fbsg

I went to stay in downtown jb in March & shops at the nearby tesco everyday. I love to buy a packet of ladies fingers & it costede 70 Malaysian cents, that's about 26 cents. In shengshiong, a similar sized packet costs 1.80. That's about 7 times more! & you are thankful? Sometimes I think you are here to satirize & mock at our govt using reverse psychology.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Another fuck shit reporting.. Using up and down.. Where is the fucking comparison between deflation via previous cost of living vs the world's cost of living.

Oh.. I gain 2kg, then I lost 5 kg.. Yah.. Down 3 kg... Chee buy.. If everyone knows he weight 150kg..that is not so impressive..

This kind of reporting I can do too.. No need much brain.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this some kind of a joke ?:confused:

Nowadays,many housewives are banging table and shouting to their husbands : Bring Money Home !:mad::o:rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today I decided to get a soya bean drink in Spore & noticed that the price had been increased from $1.60 to $1.70. That is a 6.25% increase

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

How the papaya calculate the cost of living "Going Down?"

The bloody cost of food is still higher if not high!!

What goes up in Sinkieland never comes down!!

You Papaya bohlumpar alway jump the gun to praise PAP!

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the price of rice increase to current level during the global rice crisis in 2008 where price of rice increase to US$1200 per MT.

now 2015, price of rice only US$400 per MT, the rice merchants and rice retailers in singapore still selling at 2009 price.

cost of living down my arse!!!!:oIo:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
April is when the latest bus fare hikes comes into effect. I'm sure people are wondering why there is a fare hike when the cost of petrol went down by about 50%.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is like playing the stock market,you can say the market is up 2% or down 1% on a daily basis it makes no sense,but when u compare the s&p 500 to 10 years ago u will see that it has risen from 1,100 to over 2000.a drop of 2% means jackshit.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How the papaya calculate the cost of living "Going Down?"

The bloody cost of food is still higher if not high!!

What goes up in Sinkieland never comes down!!

You Papaya bohlumpar alway jump the gun to praise PAP!

My family and I spend about $80-150 a day on food at least. We eat in restaurants once or twice a day for our meals.

Thanks to PAP's good leadership, we get to make enough money and can dine well.

Out of gratitude, I decided years ago to join the grassroots to give back to society.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My family and I spend about $80-150 a day on food at least. We eat in restaurants once or twice a day for our meals.

Thanks to PAP's good leadership, we get to make enough money and can dine well.

Out of gratitude, I decided years ago to join the grassroots to give back to society.

just curious why is it with PAP's good leadership im not able to make/spend $150 a day on food?

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
tweaked......... cOE so high yet private trp down??? sg has very strong core magnet to boost localise magnetism??

SBFTirak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi John boy, I strongly believe you failed your economics. If that is the case, may I kindly suggest you take home econ instead.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
just curious why is it with PAP's good leadership im not able to make/spend $150 a day on food?

That's because you suck!

PAP government provided all the necessary environment for you to succeed - good education, opportunities, no discrimination based on race and religion, stable environment. The rest is up to you.

Why do you think so many foreigners are willing to part with their families in order to work and live in Singapore?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today I decided to get a soya bean drink in Spore & noticed that the price had been increased from $1.60 to $1.70. That is a 6.25% increase

My mee pok dry, increase from $3.50 to $4.00 just last week Chicken rice from $2.80 to $3.00 - that is 14%, 6.66%, drinks gone up 10cts..they are constantly massaging their figures...in the past, we have CAS, at least they do some work, go comparing prices of basic food stuffs & the increases is too much..they bring it to whoever attention...now that CASE is officially one of them...they cannot be bothered anymore...you die your business...

Do we want this to continue for the next 50 years??....

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My mee pok dry, increase from $3.50 to $4.00 just last week Chicken rice from $2.80 to $3.00 - that is 14%, 6.66%, drinks gone up 10cts..they are constantly massaging their figures...in the past, we have CAS, at least they do some work, go comparing prices of basic food stuffs & the increases is too much..they bring it to whoever attention...now that CASE is officially one of them...they cannot be bothered anymore...you die your business...

Do we want this to continue for the next 50 years??....

This has continued for years already. There was a time when a bowl of noodles cost only 50 cents and a bus ride only 30 cents. It is not just Singapore. You can always compare prices in places like Hong Kong, London, New York or other major cities. Not happy, feel free to migrate to places like Muar, Taiping and Yong Peng in Malaysia.