• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Amos Yee (Roy Ngerng Write Letter to Pope Francis to help free 16-year-old Amos Yee )

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Letter to Pope Francis to help free 16-year-old Amos Yee

April 23rd, 2015

amos_free.jpg

Dear Pope Francis,

My name is Roy Ngerng from Singapore.

A 16-year-old boy, Amos Yee, has been charged by the Singapore government, in relation to a video which he had made where he said that the late first prime minister of Singapore “Lee Kuan Yew was a horrible person”. He also compared Mr Lee to Jesus.

Because of that, he is now facing three charges. For one of the charges, he was said to have made the video with the “deliberate intention of wounding the religious feelings of Christians in general”.

Another charge was because supporters of the first prime minister said that the video “contained remarks about Mr Lee Kuan Yew which was intended to be heard and seen by persons likely to be distressed”.

Amos was also charged with “allegedly transmitting electronically an image showing obscene figures” after he posted a “satirically sexual image of a political leader” on his blog.

Most importantly, Amos has been charged as an adult even though he is only 16 years old.
Inside his video, Amos also spoke about the income inequality in Singapore but this message has been largely sidelined since he was charged.

Inside his video, Amos pointed out that, “Most people in Singapore are struggling to make ends meet. And it is reported that Singaporeans work the longest hours in the world. We are one of the richest countries in the world, but we have one of the highest income inequalities, highest poverty rates, and our government spends one of the lowest on healthcare and social security.

“The money spent on the public is so low, it’s more representative of a third world country. And yet the amount of taxes is one of the highest in first world countries. And political leaders in Singapore earn more than quadruple the amount earned by political leaders in the United States. They are acquiring so much money — why aren’t they spending it on the people? What are they actually spending it on?”

Amos also said, “Ultimately, how do you quantify a great leader?

“It is by how he creates a place where people are able to live happily and prosper, based on their own unique attributes. And he hasn’t. So no matter how rich the country he made is, it doesn’t mean a thing.”

Dear Pope Francis, in 2013 you had said, “Today’s economic mechanisms promote inordinate consumption, yet it is evident that unbridled consumerism combined with inequality proves doubly damaging to the social fabric.

“Inequality is the root of social ills,” you also said.

Last year, you also called for “worldwide ethical mobilization” with the poor.

“Specifically, this involves challenging all forms of injustices and resisting the economy of exclusion, the throwaway culture and the culture of death which nowadays sadly risk becoming passively accepted,” you said.

And earlier this year, you also called on the “co-operative movement to join the global economy to promote “an economy of honesty” and “a healing economy.”

You also said for us to have “the courage and the imagination to build a just path, so as to integrate development, justice and peace in the world.”

Dear Pope, Singapore today has become the most unequal country among the developed countries. The rich-poor gap is also the widest. The Singapore government has also fudged the income statistics to make them look lower.

Today, Singapore is one of very few countries which still do not have minimum wage and relative poverty is estimated to be at 30% in Singapore.

Last year, I have also been sued by the Singapore prime minister for an article that I had written on my blog where I had detailed how Singaporeans have one of the least adequate pension funds in the world but where the Singapore government takes our pension funds to give two of its investment firms for them to use, and where they have become the two largest sovereign wealth funds in the world, on our pension funds.

Dear Pope, the situation is urgent in Singapore. Amos is a 16-year-old boy. He spoke up against the injustices which he saw in Singapore and for that, he has been persecuted.

In his youthful impetus, he also made some unwise remarks.

I am writing to you in the hope that I could seek your guidance in this matter and hope that you might be able to share your thoughts on this.

If you could share some words of wisdom on this matter and allow us to move on to heal in these difficult times, I would be very grateful.

Singapore today has become very divided because of the political economic inequalities that have become entrenched in our system.

If Your Holiness can enlighten us with your words, we might have a chance to heal as a nation and move towards justice and peace.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.

Roy Ngerng

The Holiness Pope Francis does not have an official email but he has an official Twitter account.
This letter has been tweeted to him at his Twitter account.

* Roy blogs at The Heart Truths.

http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/04/23/letter-to-pope-francis-to-help-free-16-year-old-amos-yee/

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Amos Yee (Roy Ngerng Write Letter to Pope Francis to help free 16-year-old Amos Y

Bros n Sis

What Roy Ngerng wants from the Pope ???

Quote RN :

"Dear Pope, the situation is urgent in Singapore. Amos is a 16-year-old boy. He spoke up against the injustices which he saw in Singapore and for that, he has been persecuted.

I am writing to you in the hope that I could seek your guidance in this matter and hope that you might be able to share your thoughts on this.

If you could share some words of wisdom on this matter and allow us to move on to heal in these difficult times, I would be very grateful.

Singapore today has become very divided because of the political economic inequalities that have become entrenched in our system.

If Your Holiness can enlighten us with your words, we might have a chance to heal as a nation and move towards justice and peace.

I look forward to hearing from you. :

Thank you.

Roy Ngerng

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Amos Yee (Roy Ngerng Write Letter to Pope Francis to help free 16-year-old Amos Y

Roy more gila than M Ravi.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If I were not an atheist, it would appear that God is punishing Sinkies for being ball-less by taking away their right to all the good things in life, such as freedom of speech, of association, of assembly, blah, blah, blah ............... and in return give them char kway teow with NO extra egg and ONE MILLION dollar minimum CPF sum ................. bwahahahahaha ................ :biggrin:

Freedom of speech includes the freedom to insult. So says the US Supreme Court, if you not happy, please fark off and go and live in North Korea. :p

[video=youtube;N6aSFLEmEyU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6aSFLEmEyU[/video]

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

Martin Luther King Jr. "I have a dream" [Lyrics] Full speech (1963 Washington) + Download​

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Do you the think that pope will stick his nose into Singapore politics ?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bros n Sis

What Roy Ngerng wants from the Pope ???

Quote RN :

"Dear Pope, the situation is urgent in Singapore. Amos is a 16-year-old boy. He spoke up against the injustices which he saw in Singapore and for that, he has been persecuted.

I look forward to hearing from you. :

Thank you.

Roy Ngerng

Roy wants Singapore to be a Papal state.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

maybe Roy trying to test Pope Francis whether he was Offended by Amos Yee

8 mins Video .

Roy should first try to ask the Opps party, isn't it ? See no up for our Opps ?

Why go all the way to Pope ? If Pope says he is offended, who will he go next ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think the Pope is less petty than you PAP scumbags. :wink:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Why he should do what you wish him to do.. He has the right and free will to do whatever he wants to highlight the whole PAP arresting bullshit to the world...

You like to should this and should that with other... Fuck your mother's phua chee buy.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

seriously speaking this is fucking stupid. The pope? Wtf is he going to do?

Even if the pope sides roy what sort of action is he going to do?

Has the catholic church ever launched some sort of invasion, taken any strong arm actions against injustices around the world? Fuck no. All he's going to do is probably issue some type of BS statement which will be ignored.

Can you imagine the pope actually contacting LHL and speaking to him on this matter and that is even assuming he would actually feel for amos case because let's be honest there are more destitute people in the catholic world compared to amos let's just assume he decided to speak up for amos you think he would even dare speak to ass loong. He'll just back down. Yup the pope will back down to gay loong even though he technically rules over more than a billion people spanning all 5 continents because there are catholics found worldwide. Did you know catholic churches even allow muslims to conduct their prayers inside churches. Foolish people like themselves might think that's magnimous but in reality it showcases weakness to the muslims.

Roy would have had a better chance writing the letter to say a well respect muslim spiritual leader and twisted the story to make it seem like amos is a muslim suffering under injustice. The head himself might not say anything but the followers and many of them are fundamentalists including those in singapore and surrounding singapore would hear it and actually take violent retaliation.

Yup actually in life you need to have some serious repercussions towards your enemies and not just use mere words. That is why the US has its orders followed not because they are eloquent or good with their words but due to their military and an idiot holding a shot gun sure sounds a lot more convincing than an unarmed top lawyer when it comes to winning a debate.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why he should do what you wish him to do.. He has the right and free will to do whatever he wants to highlight the whole PAP arresting bullshit to the world...

You like to should this and should that with other... Fuck your mother's phua chee buy.

True... he doesn't have to do what I say. He just has to think what I say and is free to do what he thinks he should do..

But I know you will never get it .

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Roy should also write to the Archbishop of Canterbury, I mean the real one and not Mister Bean. By the way, the Sinkie Catholic archbishop looks and
acts like a clown, maybe that's why Roy didn't write to him. What about the retired archbishop, too scared after Letter-gate?

Sinkies should simply post thousands if not millions of videos similar to Amos' on youtube and then surrender simultaneously at police stations all over the island at the same time and day, and tell these fucktards in blue if you are going to arrest and charge him, then you must arrest and charge me too to be consistent. Sure those bastards will kalang kabok. That's what the Hongkies did. They arrested a few of the Occupy Central protestors to try to make an example of them, but ended up with thousands more surrendering. In the end, boh pian, got to release every one of them without charge. Like I said so many times before, Sinkies get the kind of Gahbrament they deserve.

[video=youtube;eO3SDlIivcQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO3SDlIivcQ[/video]

KopiO

Alfrescian
Loyal

Has Roy tried writing to the Imam of ISIS as well? How about to Benjamin Netanyahu?

BTW who is the Catholic here ? Roy or Anus?

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sir ,

which Opp Party will you recommend ?

WP
CSTong ,/Lina
SDP
RP
NSP ...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

True... he doesn't have to do what I say. He just has to think what I say and is free to do what he thinks he should do..

But I know you will never get it .

He doesn't have to think what you say.. Because there is no need to ponder over something that is void of intelligence.

That is how intelligence behave..

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

To Roy the foreign cocksucker,

We singaporeans are willing to bear arms to defend our sovereignty against any foreign powers who seek to meddle in our domestic affairs. Do not doubt our resolve to fight the foreign invaders to the bitter end.

5134798227_a589b57cc6_o.jpg