• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

IDA probes claim about employee's 'fake' MBA

leetahbah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this a degree mill ? Eastern Kentucky University from which Mr Shinawatra obtained his PhD.

Eastern Kentucky University looks legit. it is a public university. Public means run by the government, that is a big distinction. Degree mills are all private universities.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
attachment.php

Attachments

• ida (FILEminimizer).jpg
    ida (FILEminimizer).jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 844

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
calvin cheng seems to be the supporter on the IDA facebook page... maybe most other commetns deleted

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
As she had submitted the document to IDA, and this document has been found to be fake and IDA is happy with that, is IDA saying that future applicants can submit fake documents?

GG789

Alfrescian
Loyal
For what we need to study so hard to get in local U?
Just go online and simply buy a degree cert can do.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
IDA is satisfied with Nisha's bachelor degree from a 500th-something ranked university from Mumbai and her past work experiences. To all parents, you can now take your kids out of expensive tuition. The government is walking the talk when it says it looks at more than just paper qualifications.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only cows and donkeys work hard........she smart enough to buy a degree....she is smart....that's a credit for employment and promotion.

Doing honest real task is no longer important.......much less integrity.

For what we need to study so hard to get in local U?
Just go online and simply buy a degree cert can do.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Only cows and donkeys work hard........she smart enough to buy a degree....she is smart....that's a credit for employment and promotion.

Doing honest real task is no longer important.......much less integrity.

VERY well said Doing honest real task is no longer important.......much less integrity

good honest work with little money is even meant to be ridiculed in this cuntry, by the rich and pwoerful, depending on who works at it

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If IDA was run by the opposition, Singapore would have degenerated back into third world status. We wouldn't even be attractive to foreigners with real degrees, let alone those from degree mills.

Hi John wake up lah.. IDA head maybe an Indian Chief also, that's why IDA defend the shitskin with MBA from Faky Uni!! That's how PAPAYA run the cuntry with faky!

She should be fired with immediate effect!! For all you know her Mumbai degree
also in doubt!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IDA is satisfied with Nisha's bachelor degree from a 500th-something ranked university from Mumbai and her past work experiences. To all parents, you can now take your kids out of expensive tuition. The government is walking the talk when it says it looks at more than just paper qualifications.

The government is walking the talk that they support Fake qualification from foreigners, if I submit my qualification to IDA that I have a MBA from the University of Tarawa, Kiribati & then my Bsc in .....whatever from the University of Western Australia & got the job. Some snitch inform Human Resource about my other dubious qualification in which I have obtained while I was staying in Malaysia....

WILL IDA BE SO KIND TO ME....walk the plank...not only walk the talk...quoting from your famous master cow$8 come clean....& those making the mistakes, should publicly apologise (like the Japs & Koreans) or commit harakiri...

walk the talk....

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eastern Kentucky University looks legit. it is a public university. Public means run by the government, that is a big distinction. Degree mills are all private universities.

So is the University offering a degree in frying chickens ?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
So is the University offering a degree in frying chickens ?

by the same logic, the whole judiciary may become guilty since those drug mules were adament about not knowing drugs were in their possession and probably even 500kg were meant for personal consumption.

by the same logic, the whole judiciary may also become guilty since those 40+ unker who farked the underaged girl were truly and sincerely believe her cheebye was not raw, not 50% raw but fully cooked

GG789

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is ridiculous. Totally unacceptable!
Many of us do not even get a decent job with decent pay.
That ah neh can use fake cert and get a high pay job.

And even became new citizen.
wtf.

Sharkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly what I said. She did not know about the fake university. Just like so many idiots that get screwed by Jover chew types despite so many warnings everywhere. Happens. That too back in 2005. IDA is absolutely right that you don't hire programmers insist on MBA.

Retards that believe they have become investigative geniuses cos they learnt how to press search button should go find better things to do. As for the others including many Singaporeans, Malaysians of various races including Chinese with dubious degrees, now that u know, should remove it from bio and don't be stupid to advt this in LinkedIn ;-) All will be fine!

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only in SG, will the press not look into a juicy new story if it is at the expense of the ruling party.

In many first world countries, the ministers will already be asked hard questions at press conferences, and the reporters will do their own expose...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
https://realeyezation.wordpress.com...versity-diploma-degree-scam-geoff-taylor-sir/

Posts Tagged ‘SPU Southern Pacific University diploma degree scam Geoff Taylor Sir’

Despite previous threats of being sued, I am posting this follow up story about the man behind the scam. All my facts have been checked, re-checked and checked again so Mr. Taylor, the truth is in the facts. For part 1 see: Silenced

UPDATE: Geoff Taylor seems to have removed his sites and much of SPU’s website is not functioning. Also, any search of the “university” brings tons of results speaking about the scam. I believe and I hope my original story is a big reason as to why :smile:

The Man Behind the Scam

Meet SPU President Geoff Taylor, the man behind the scam.

Geoff Taylor, President of Southern Pacific University (SPU), is under scrutiny after allegations that his company is issuing bogus degrees.

So just who is this Geoff Taylor?

Research into the man behind the “university” reveals a person who has made a living using business methods that involve offshore incorporation and umbrella companies.

Geoff Taylor is a man that doesn’t hide his views or his arrogance. He proudly hosts a web page (www.geofftaylor.info), featuring himself, that declares, “He is not afraid of you viewing his personal website, because he has much to be proud of.”

Geoff Taylor was born in England in 1943, then he migrated to New Zealand in 1964. He has been operating very dubious businesses in the Southeast Asia region where he says he has 25 years of experience in offshore jurisdictions covering the fields of fund management and structures.

One of the many things that Geoff Taylor is proud of, is his Ph.D. This doctorate of “Business Philosophy” was issued by Southern Pacific University, the very institution he is president of.

Considering the recent news of SPU granting a Vietnamese official a doctorate in only six months, (despite him not being able to speak any English), one might wonder what the requirements were for Mr. Taylor’s diploma. As previously reported, the credibility of this “university” is questionable at best, and the organization is not recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.

Geoff Taylor is a man who, according to his website is, “Well respected as an innovator and top ranking, retired fund manager in the offshore field in the Asia / Pacific region.” President of a university hardly seems like a retirement position but perhaps Mr. Taylor doesn’t need to do much for this job other than count the money he’s making.

Mr. Taylor holds a plethora of titles, his official one being (according to Southern Pacific University), Sir Prof. Dr. Geoffrey Taylor, B.Com, MBA, Ph.D, F.Inst.D, FAIB. That’s a mouthful of credentials but not necessarily credibility.

Geoff’s views on charity are also expressed on his site, “Geoff does not believe in just handing out financial help to people.” Apparently, he is a little more flexible about handing out degrees to people.

In January of this year, Mr. Taylor, or “Sir” Geoff Taylor as he likes to be called, was the subject of a New Zealand Dominion Post report which said that his title of “Sir” is, “A title he uses after being “knighted” by the Principality of Hutt River, a group near Perth that claims to have seceded from Australia.” Perhaps this group hands out knight-ship as easily as SPU hands out degrees.

Our investigation revealed another activity of Geoff Taylor. He is the founder of a company called GT Group (http://www.gtgroup.com.vu) which, “Is dedicated to providing an extensive range of offshore company services for privacy, legal tax avoidance, asset protection, financial independence and freedom.”

An expert at setting up offshore companies is also the president of a “university” that exists only as a mailbox in the United States?

Maybe the knowledge necessary to set up offshore companies could just as easily be used to set up Southern Pacific University?

Geoff Taylor is a mysterious man but his arrogance may finally be catching up to him. To run a company specializing in avoiding taxes and to represent a supposed university seem like major conflicts of interest and obvious signs that SPU is little more than another one of his offshore companies, incorporated in the U.S., Belize and St. Kitts, set up in a way that allows him to profit off of the sale of a bogus product: degrees.

Mr. Taylor has no shame in throwing this right into the faces of those who have been taken advantage of by him with what is unfolding as nothing more than a diploma mill scheme.

In my opinion, the arrogance of this man is obnoxious. There you have it.