• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can This Beer Belly SAF Master Sergeant Fight a Real War?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This beer belly master sergeant is certainly a fine soldier. Here's an example of a beer-bellied chink who was remarkably good or incredibly lucky in war. Nobody thinks he cannot fight.

guan+yu.jpg

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a "lesser mortal" Joining the SAF is a big mistake because there is no future. I had a friend who decided to join the air force as a technician after his "O" levels. It seemed like a good idea at the time but it was a dead end job. Eventually the SAF decided to bring in those with higher education than "O" levels. Those with 'O' levels became casualties.

There's not much demand for ex-SAF personnel in civilian life unless of course you are a scholar.

Your friend can easily find a job as an aircraft technician / engineer outside, stupid friend did not know how to use all the free training of the SAF. Why didn't he upgrade from O levels, you think with O levels outside he wouldn't have been in a dead end job and replaced by higher educated ones?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your friend can easily find a job as an aircraft technician / engineer outside, stupid friend did not know how to use all the free training of the SAF. Why didn't he upgrade from O levels, you think with O levels outside he wouldn't have been in a dead end job and replaced by higher educated ones?

This was in the old days when Uni degrees were rare. Back then people believed in the PAP & it's instituitions. So my friend thought he had a career with the SAF & never expected the SAF to back stab him.

Nowadays this kind of behaviour is so common that people are no longer surprised & take precautions like avoiding working for the gov't.:smile:

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me shy to say.
also big beer belly.
but never mind,
nowadays, we press buttons to fire missiles.
no go jungle.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
did the rover have seat belts? if not, then SAF is liable for not providing a safe training environment...liable for compensation

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am so embarrassed and angry that I served in such a stupid organization. Fuck SAF! Fuck PAP!

At least you got out alive.

NS is the most dangerous time for a Sporean male. They are exposed to a dangerous environment doing dangerous things

The classmate who signed on only got played out in a dead end jobs but at least he got out alive. Had another classmate who died during BMT. Had other friends who got seriously injured that they were medical boarded.

Can't really blame those parents who want to leave Spore to avoid NS for their kids. It is strange that many don't just vote out the PAP

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least you got out alive.

NS is the most dangerous time for a Sporean male. They are exposed to a dangerous environment doing dangerous things

The classmate who signed on only got played out in a dead end jobs but at least he got out alive. Had another classmate who died during BMT. Had other friends who got seriously injured that they were medical boarded.

Can't really blame those parents who want to leave Spore to avoid NS for their kids. It is strange that many don't just vote out the PAP

You classmate only O levels, lucky he signed on, or else would have been in dead end job and replaced much earlier if he were in private sector, what progression is he looking for if he did not progress himself, stop blaming the SAF.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
from the war movies, the MSG rarely goes on point, he stays in the rear with the Majors and Colonels. so it's alright if the MSG has a beer belly. :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You classmate only O levels, lucky he signed on, or else would have been in dead end job and replaced much earlier if he were in private sector, what progression is he looking for if he did not progress himself, stop blaming the SAF.

How many people do you know that have signed up with the SAF:confused: Ever wondered why so few are joining up :confused:

My classmate signed up with the SAF and he regretted his decision.
SAF is not an organisation that takes care of it's personnel. They will use you & discard you.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was during BMT time, with training early the following morning, we had limits to both the amount we consumed, and the time we could stay out. No way anyone was able to get "sloshed to the gills!" Looking back, an evening without the instructors bugging us was actually "good evening" already.

Cheers!

4 glasses of beer and it's a good evening?1 more glass you would be pissed drunk.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the start of our careers, most of us were unlikely to consider the military a place where we see ourselves. Now in the private sector, and having tasted salt and seen hard times for ourselves, we no longer see the army as that bad a place to earn a paycheck, just another place. I agree that unless one is a scholar, then the SAF is a great place, if not, we'd still take our chances in the private sector.

Oh yes, while on this subject, one of the best NS vocations I feel is actually that of a cook. One learns some skills that can be applied to real life outside, much better than weapons training.

Cheers!

For a "lesser mortal" Joining the SAF is a big mistake because there is no future. I had a friend who decided to join the air force as a technician after his "O" levels. It seemed like a good idea at the time but it was a dead end job. Eventually the SAF decided to bring in those with higher education than "O" levels. Those with 'O' levels became casualties.

There's not much demand for ex-SAF personnel in civilian life unless of course you are a scholar.